Page 72 of 432 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 6479

8th March: International Women's Day

It would be nice to find other subjects than fashion…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    8th March: International Women's Day

It would be nice to find other subjects than fashion…
    Be our guest and start a better discussion. No irony.
    Till then, talking about a suit is not anti-feminist. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Be our guest and start a better discussion. No irony.
    I take your word.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

With the 90s animated series re-running on Disney I hate that Jean will be known as the fainting girl. I keep seeing Jean gifs pop up on twitter “Jean after taking a breath “faints”. I know Jean was suppose to be a back ground character but have they ever explained why the de-powered her so much?
    First X-Lady

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

so jean keep the marvel girl dress

we can be heroes, just for one day

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I doubt it. There was nothing indicating that she would get a new one after HOX. X-Force and X-Men #1 covers were done with her still wearing it. The Giant-Size costume was only cause Dauterman wanted to draw it.
    I was just being silly with that statement...just as the fan-dom has been and continues to be quite silly with the MG dress issue. Will HiX-Man ever change it? Probably...or maybe not. At this point does it really impact directly on how her character's actually portrayed in-comic?
    (the answer to that question is "No".)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Emma Forst has soo many costumes in this new phase
    While
    Jean: Grey :/

All-New Member

Her regression in the current Hickman run, along with how he’s building up the entire shift, has me thinking they’re planning something big for her. Outside of Phoenix, Jean has been explored but hasn’t had a major shift in character over most of her runs. So what if we get a type of Dark Phoenix redux story, with or without Phoenix, but she stayed. Meaning what if she knowingly became more antagonistic and remained that way or became a character that swings between, as beast put it in X-Force, the brightest brights and the darkest darks. That’ll add an interesting dynamic to the character.

Sure it’ll have some Jean loyalist not liking it because who wants to see their favorite character become a villain, but so did Cyclops when he became a mutant terrorist. That is still one of the most interesting things they’ve done with his character so why not replicate that type of shift.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    With the 90s animated series re-running on Disney I hate that Jean will be known as the fainting girl. I keep seeing Jean gifs pop up on twitter “Jean after taking a breath “faints”. I know Jean was suppose to be a back ground character but have they ever explained why the de-powered her so much?
    I don't think they've every given a reason for portraying her as that incompetent with her powers. I know they said Marvel told them not to focus too much on her, because she didn't have a huge fandom, which I think you've alluded to, but nothing more specific then that.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    While
    Keep the thighs free.
    "Cable was right!"

While
    One thing I miss about Red is that at least Asrar drew Jean in alot of regular clothes. Her fashion was good there

I was really against the marvel girl costume for a hot minute but its grown on me. kind of kitschy.
    her red/disassembled costume was one of her best though and I really liked it in green and gold if only for 1 issue

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I was just being silly with that statement...just as the fan-dom has been and continues to be quite silly with the MG dress issue. Will HiX-Man ever change it? Probably...or maybe not. At this point does it really impact directly on how her character's actually portrayed in-comic?
    (the answer to that question is "No".)
    There hasn't been any silliness regarding the MG dress that I've seen. Some people just don't like it. I know some folks are quite contrarian so the fact that a lot of people don't like the look means there will be those who put down or try to silence or shame those that do not like it. I recall on twitter the Age of X-man writer saying that people who didn't like the MG costume/look didn't understand the character (despite a majority of Jean fans not being happy with it) or JDW taking swipes at fans for not liking it, or the Xavier Files guy or the X-men Monday guy. It is just part of the toxic fan culture to try to shame people with views one disagrees with. Nothing new there.

I'm surprised they didn't anticipate the reaction. A lot of female fans (and others) on here and twitter have voiced concerns over putting Jean in a look she wore as a young girl/woman. So there is an element of the look that is problematic (so is sexualizing a female hero - though not sure she's being sexualized since the outfit is more bizarre than anything).

No amount of shame or put downs will make me like the look. I like the MG look for the time it was originally used. Now Jean looks sort of ridiculous especially when she's on space missions or X-force missions. My original view was that they put Jean back in this look so she would look weird, off, and different (to make her more 'mutant' appearing - Jean is wearing "mutant clothes" as opposed to human clothes).

It has sort of grown on me and the character is clearly being branded in the look. I didn't like the X-men Red costume (too close to her 90's outfit) but it grew on me over time and now I prefer it to the MG look (especially when it is in green and yellow).
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 03-06-2020 at 03:10 PM.

While
    being Hickman favorite character has many advantages...

I still get mad that Jean got her worse costume and doesn't look out of it for at least some good time

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I don’t know about regress, but I think Krakoa is Up To Something.
    It’s trying to please everyone.
    Scott’s wish to have a happy family around him. Black Tom’s wish for his friend, Juggernaut (Krakoa grew a statue of him. Doug’s wish to have Warlock back as a separate entity. Kurt’s wish for a cathedral he can call home. There are probably more.

So what happens when those wishes become conflicting? If Logan doesn’t want to live on the moon? And why is Krakoa doing it? Is it doing it alone or with help?

Pertinent to this thread, what happens if Jean doesn’t want to be Marvel Girl any more? If she wants to be Phoenix?
    I like this! I thought Xavier and/or Moira were somehow holding Jean back cause she would otherwise stop them from doing horrible things in their attempt to achieve something good. But this fits better. With Scott around Jean is more subdued. Without Scott, in X-force, she seems more sure of herself and more powerful. Krakoa ”thinks” Scott needs a good girlfriend and overcompensates, making Jean more subdued.