Page 79 of 432 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 6479
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I really enjoyed today’s X-Men issue. Scott was great per usual and it’s always good to see Alex. Jean had a small but important role. I loved that she was useful. She used both of her powers. I love seeing Jean and Scott fighting together - or being on the field together.

30 telepaths huh? It must be the most common mutant power after all. I wish they could decrease that number (I realize a good chunk are anonymous characters on the island).

Jean still looks wild in that outfit going on space missions.
    The important thing to me was that Hickman's Jean actually SOUNDED like Jean. For the first time since he started writing her. Also...

Jean Grey

Gateway
    Emma Frost
    Betsy Braddock
    Kwannon
    Rachel Summers
    Quentin Quire
    Stepford Cuckoo (x5)
    Chamber
    Apocalypse
    Selene
    No-Girl
    Mr Sinister
    Cable
    Genesis
    Exodus
    Penance
    The M-Twins (2)
    Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    Sage
    Xorn (2)
    Lady Mastermind
    Proteus

I'm sure I'm missing some, and this is making at least one assumption (that Apocalypse would have Evan revived) and not counting Goblin Queen since she'll be "arriving" on Krakoa in Hellions 3.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 03-11-2020 at 12:48 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I was hoping JDW or Hickman could get it back, but they may not have any plans for it. I mean the Phoenix was briefly back during the Jean Grey solo and Phoenix Resurrection.

Aaron has plans and we will see where it leads. The Phoenix is already so messed up that a lot of fans , even Jean as Phoenix fans hate it or want a long break from it.

The different offices may share it , the Phoenix blade may be in play soon (or it was misdirection- the art with Rachel carrying it).
    Using it to shepherd the return of Jean to the comics is one thing, but once that mini was done it's been living over with the Avengers and Thor. I don't foresee it returning anytime soon as I think Hickman has some really great ideas that don't require the use of the cosmic chicken. I do like the inclusion of Phoenix elements (like the Rook'shir Blade) moving forward but I don't see it coming back unless it's an adversary and/or being used by some Avenger character. I think Jean has lots of ways to be developed under Hickman's plans first before saddling her with dealing with the Phoenix again.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Using it to shepherd the return of Jean to the comics is one thing, but once that mini was done it's been living over with the Avengers and Thor. I don't foresee it returning anytime soon as I think Hickman has some really great ideas that don't require the use of the cosmic chicken. I do like the inclusion of Phoenix elements (like the Rook'shir Blade) moving forward but I don't see it coming back unless it's an adversary and/or being used by some Avenger character. I think Jean has lots of ways to be developed under Hickman's plans first before saddling her with dealing with the Phoenix again.
    Aaron really has long term plans for avengers including the Phoenix. The only way for Jean to get a go on it would be Hickman and Aaron working together

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Yeah... I really enjoyed Xmen today. The Summers family in space is one of my favorite things in the world.
    With Jean likely meeting Gladiator, I wonder if the trial of Jean grey will be brought up. And her PINK MODE!!! lol, doubt that. Heck I'd love of end of greys is referenced.

With the Phoenix in horizon and Phoenix blade on the teaser for X of swords, and them meeting the shiar, I hope Rachel and Jean have great roles in the stories
    Trial of Jean grey I'm not sure as Hickman might want to ignore all the O5 teen ... But the massacre of the Greys should come up as they can't be brought back because they are humans, and i'm not sure the kids can be brought back too...

The teaser isn't accurate, as the teaser for hoxpox showed us.

But what I still hoping is for chaarcter beats for Jean
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-11-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The important thing to me was that Hickman's Jean actually SOUNDED like Jean. For the first time since he started writing her. Also...

Jean Grey

Gateway
    Emma Frost
    Betsy Braddock
    Kwannon
    Rachel Summers
    Quentin Quire
    Stepford Cuckoo (x5)
    Chamber
    Apocalypse
    Selene
    No-Girl
    Mr Sinister
    Cable
    Genesis
    Exodus
    Penance
    The M-Twins (2)
    Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    Sage
    Xorn (2)
    Lady Mastermind
    Proteus

I'm sure I'm missing some, and this is making at least one assumption (that Apocalypse would have Evan revived) and not counting Goblin Queen since she'll be "arriving" on Krakoa in Hellions 3.
    What about these characters:
    X-Man
    Shadow King
    Elias Bogan
    Blaquesmith
    Stryfe
    Gamesmaster
    Mirage

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What about these characters:
    X-Man
    Shadow King
    Elias Bogan
    Blaquesmith
    Stryfe
    Gamesmaster
    Mirage
    I didn't include everyone, just those that were most relevant. But...

X-Man is a literal reality right now. Shadow King is MiA, but given his personal history with Xavier he's probably not welcome. IDK about Bogan. Blaquesmith is in the future. Stryfe is a clone. IDK about Gamesmaster. Dani isn't really a telepath.

Either way there's easily more than 30 telepaths on Krakoa.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I didn't include everyone, just those that were most relevant. But...

X-Man is a literal reality right now. Shadow King is MiA, but given his personal history with Xavier he's probably not welcome. IDK about Bogan. Blaquesmith is in the future. Stryfe is a clone. IDK about Gamesmaster. Dani isn't really a telepath.

Either way there's easily more than 30 telepaths on Krakoa.
    If you are gonna count NTW, Karma and Lady Mastermind, then you might as well count Dani. Like them, she has a very specialized form of TP, but its still TP

Scott was the star per usual because X-Comics have always revolved around his convenience. I know there are a lot of super fans out there, I am not one of them.

I love my girl Jean and though I was happy to see her, I thought she could have been the one leading this as she is the telepath instead of relaying info to Scott. Was happy to see Illyana shine and other than that it was an ok issue. Hoping to see Jean more in the upcoming issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    Scott was the star per usual because X-Comics have always revolved around his convenience. I know there are a lot of super fans out there, I am not one of them.

I love my girl Jean and though I was happy to see her, I thought she could have been the one leading this as she is the telepath instead of relaying info to Scott. Was happy to see Illyana shine and other than that it was an ok issue. Hoping to see Jean more in the upcoming issues.
    Well, Hickman has already stated that X-Men is basically Scott's book - complaining that he was the star of that one just sounds unusually salty. If he becomes the star of any other book it would be a problem, though. Any appearances he has elsewhere should be brief and serve to advance the plot in some way similar to how he appeared in New Mutants or Cable this week.

But for the voices to start sounding right is a good sign since Hickman is more of a plot driven writer rather than a character driven one. A well written character is one Imcan recognize based on dialogue alone. Jean in civilian clothes in a black and white comic should still be recognizable to the reader and it sounds like that could have been the case today.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, Hickman has already stated that X-Men is basically Scott's book - complaining that he was the star of that one just sounds unusually salty. If he becomes the star of any other book it would be a problem, though. Any appearances he has elsewhere should be brief and serve to advance the plot in some way similar to how he appeared in New Mutants or Cable this week.

But for the voices to start sounding right is a good sign since Hickman is more of a plot driven writer rather than a character driven one. A well written character is one Imcan recognize based on dialogue alone. Jean in civilian clothes in a black and white comic should still be recognizable to the reader and it sounds like that could have been the case today.
    Salty? Hickman saying that Scott is the leader of x-men book doesn't mean we all have to agree with that.
    X-men have been revolving around Scott and his leadership for 15 years.

I don't think there was anything so distinctive for Jean on this issue

Finally a Hickman written Jean that feels like Jean.

And a few good reaction panels in general to boot

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

I stand by what I stated. It is a fact. X-Comics does revolve around Scott as have the women in his life. Probably the first time in a while they are no longer in his shadows and are doing there own thing. It is time for other characters to shine and I am happy Illyana got that chance however small it was.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Salty? Hickman saying that Scott is the leader of x-men book doesn't mean we all have to agree with that.
    X-men have been revolving around Scott and his leadership for 15 years.

I don't think there was anything so distinctive for Jean on this issue
    So true!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    I stand by what I stated. It is a fact. X-Comics does revolve around Scott as have the women in his life. Probably the first time in a while they are no longer in his shadows and are doing there own thing. It is time for other characters to shine and I am happy Illyana got that chance however small it was.
    Illyanna had good plot points with bendis and even Lemire. She was one of the breakouts of the last 10 years, a breath of fresh air.

Jean is doing her own thing on x-force at least, but I still don't like the fact that they are still dating

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean is dating Wolverine guys.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-11-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jean is dating Wolverine guys.
    She isn't, they are friends. it is pretty clear on x-force and wolverine solo. and we got confirmation from Marvel on their site.
    They will never compromise Logan so early and with Jean