Page 8 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think one problem is that the X-men individually are too weak and their enemies have to be on that level. Jean can't be Phoenix like that because she would one shot everything and everybody else would become redundant or job. I would really like to her on some big cosmic trouble on the f4. There she could be full phoenix without jobbing much.
    Yes she can. People think Phoenix is this unbeatable god-like character bc of Dark Phoenix but this has always been a false view of Jean and her abilities. Dark Phoenix eating a star was an exception; it was never her norm. Claremont wrote Jean with clear limitations when she got her Phoenix upgrade

Her power was finite. She was able to do amazing things but if she overexerted herself, she'd weaken herself. Magneto used this advantage to defeat her and later after saving she and Beast, she passed out. Heck the way Xorn killed Jean isnt unlike what Magneto did to her here, except he of course held back

Proteus defeated her and it took Colossus of all people to save the day

This notion that Jean cant be Phoenix bc of the types of enemies the X-men face, just doesnt hold up. Yes the concept of Phoenix has changed since then but thats a fault of the writers. The ironic thing is that Jean sans PF grew to be almost as powerful as she was at her base levels during Claremont's run. Jean doesnt need the Phoenix Force to be powerful not does her having it make her too powerful. She needs it bc its part of her iconic imagery and brand and shouldnt be viewed as either a crutch or limitation

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I guess it depends on how powerful she would be with the phoenix. I personally think that Jean with the phoenix should be a god, way above guys like silver surfer, thor or hulk.
    Jean/Phoenix should be something special

though I'm all for her keeping it. I just fear she may job too much if it is on the X-men and that maybe other context could be better to avoid that
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-04-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Jean with the Phoenix Power in cosmic adventures. At least that way, Jean's Phoenix Power would be among other powerful forces.

BANNED

On a good day, Erik can one-shot Jean at full non-WPotC power. Anybody can can and will beat anybody at any time at the will of the writer. Jean not being Phoenix and not being her fully Omega TK self is pretty much just about making her Marvel Girl.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I liked how Jean started wearing the Phoenix costume as a way of empowering herself - way back in Uncanny X-Men 355. (Then the editors got cold feet and all telepaths lost their powers and Jean’s increased powers were forgotten.)
    I could see her doing something like that again. Truly reach her own potential without being a host to the cosmic bird. She can don the costume and the imagery, a version of adult Teen Jean’s pink psionic form.
    I just want to see Jean reach her ulitimate potential in her own right.
    (And I want to see her get rid of the Marvel Girl dress and codename. She is an adult woman, and it is 2020 now, not the 1960s.)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I liked how Jean started wearing the Phoenix costume as a way of empowering herself - way back in Uncanny X-Men 355. (Then the editors got cold feet and all telepaths lost their powers and Jean’s increased powers were forgotten.)
    I could see her doing something like that again. Truly reach her own potential without being a host to the cosmic bird. She can don the costume and the imagery, a version of adult Teen Jean’s pink psionic form.
    (And I want to see her get rid of the Marvel Girl dress and codename. She is an adult woman, and it is 2020 now, not the 1960s.)
    I think she's getting a new costume or a revamped version of her Red uniform.

BANNED

Gorgeous!

Jean during a hard day in the office.

Happy 2020 to my second favorite mutant and one of my top ten female superheroes. May the New Year bring her great things.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Some people believe Jean isn't strong for herself without the Phoenix and that's exactly what X-men Red was trying to solve, that she can be powerful without it.

It would be cool if she could keep the imagery and name regardless of the bird status.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-04-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I think she's getting a new costume or a revamped version of her Red uniform.
    She'll be wearing it but we dont know if it will be a one off look or her new norm. Im kinda thinking it will be limited to the one shot and it might just be her psionic form

Doesn't Jean with Phoenix have access to powers she usually doesn't have? Powers like cosmic pyrokinesis, teleportation, matter transmutation, life force draining, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Doesn't Jean with Phoenix have access to powers she usually doesn't have? Powers like cosmic pyrokinesis, teleportation, matter transmutation, life force draining, etc.
    Well, in theory, I guess? But outside of fire, I don't remember it being much more than a boost to her tk/tp, both in Claremont's run and Morrison's.

BANNED

I've never thought of the fire as real fire, but just extreme TK, like the molecule manipulation.

Because why would she (or the psychic cosmic entity) have fire powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I've never thought of the fire as real fire, but just extreme TK, like the molecule manipulation.

Because why would she (or the psychic cosmic entity) have fire powers?
    Well, Phoenix is a firebird... On the original run there was no fire at all, but after it there has been a lot of fiery effects and I feel like it's just silly if it's not actually fire but just Jean/the Phoenix wanting to look cool.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 01-05-2020 at 01:42 AM.