Page 86 of 432 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 6479
    BANNED

Hickman gave Cyclops the Phoenix in Secret Wars and wrote Jean's embarrasing non-Percy appearances. I don't think he'd be up for an issue focused on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Hickman gave Cyclops the Phoenix in Secret Wars and wrote Jean's embarrasing non-Percy appearances. I don't think he'd be up for an issue focused on her.
    On secret wars Marvel didn't let hickman use Teen Jean.

Now I'm thinking Marvel might not want Jean be Phoenix anymore. I think more and more this is the case

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    That was just a marketing gimmick. Ppl bought it thinking it will catty fights but turned out to be strictly professional. Moreover, Jean has nothing to say to Emma, she already made her pay. It is Scott she needs to talk to buuutttt we will never see that. I wish they had a Giant Sized Jean Grey issue though.
    Of course people expected more meat and what we got was dissapointing. I think jean can still give Emma a hard time for what she did.
    Sure Jean and Scott have much more. Gambit and Rogue went for a therapy for much less
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-13-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean is not Hickman's favorite but I don't think he hates her or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Which is weird, she even was on one secret wars cover and in one variant that had all the surviving group, it would have been cool to see jeen in the event.
    Though considering the phoenix and Cyclops were there just to die to doom maybe she was spared another death
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-13-2020 at 08:38 PM.

BANNED

What makes you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What makes you say that?
    I guess he gave a interview and teen jean is on the first issue cover

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jean is not Hickman's favorite but I don't think he hates her or anything like that.
    Indifference can be worse than hate

Which is weird, she even was on one secret wars cover and in one variant that had all the surviving group, it would have been cool to see jeen in the event.
    Though considering the phoenix and Cyclops were there just to die to doom maybe she was spared another death
    Covers are made a lot of time ahead for marketing
    Jean died another 3 or more times after that
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-13-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Indifference can be worse than hate
    Or he's simply a causal fan that the editors are blocking him with, or he's simply waiting for an opportune time to explore her. He's got a large cast to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Or he's simply a causal fan that the editors are blocking him with, or he's simply waiting for an opportune time to explore her. He's got a large cast to get through.
    one can hope that is the case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

Brevoort said not having Jean on Secret Wars was kind of a last minute decision. Since the Phoenix was pretty much inserted so they could display how powerful Doom became, having her there just to die as the Phoenix again would be a bigger reason for outrage in these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    There isn't a large cast. X-men is basically Scott and some guests stars. Only some issues that had magneto, charles and the other had Mystique

I sort of wish Teen Jean was used in Secret Wars instead of Cyke as Phoenix again. Heck, we are probably going to see Namor as Phoenix again. At this point Scott and Emma (and soon to be others) have been Phoenix as much as Jean. Yikes! Oh well, this always makes my fan arguments that Jean could work as Phoenix again an even harder sale. I'm glad Jean is a psychic badass in either version of the character.

In regards to Hickman, I think it is fine to be cautious but I am very hopeful after Giant Size and after X-men 8. I hope he continues to use her and maybe he will develop an affinity for the character or come up with additional stories for her (or including her).

I know I anticipate reading the next few X-men issues and it is possible that Jean doesn't have a huge role but a supporting role. As long as the character is used well I don't mind a supporting role. Right now most of the X-characters are in supporting roles. I do like that we have a variety of characters being used throughout the entire line.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

There isn't a large cast. X-men is basically Scott and some guests stars. Only some issues that had magneto, charles and the other had Mystique
    But he does have a very large cast outside of just Cyclops. Hickman has access to EVERY SINGLE X-character. Don't you remember the SDCC announcement for X-Men and the Dawn Of X that had that huge roster image SOLELY for X-Men?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Scott seems to the main character because he is the captain commander, and thus he is leading most of these teams. You are right that he's getting a huge push and one that is likely to continue. I do wish Jean was still as prominent as she was in X-men Red, but alas that era is over. At least Jean is used well in X-force and guest stars in X-men.

Hickman used a lot of Xavier in Hox/Pox so other characters may get their time to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    But he does have a very large cast outside of just Cyclops. Hickman has access to EVERY SINGLE X-character. Don't you remember the SDCC announcement for X-Men and the Dawn Of X that had that huge roster image SOLELY for X-Men?
    I know but that still doesn't make his cast really big. The reason his cast isn't big is because he doesn't need to develop every single x-men character.
    When the time comes x-men will have a more central cast.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Scott seems to the main character because he is the captain commander, and thus he is leading most of these teams. You are right that he's getting a huge push and one that is likely to continue. I do wish Jean was still as prominent as she was in X-men Red, but alas that era is over. At least Jean is used well in X-force and guest stars in X-men.

Hickman used a lot of Xavier in Hox/Pox so other characters may get their time to shine.
    Scott get always to be the leader, really original take from Hickman right?

X-men red didn't even last one year and it is over, while Scott always get leadership push.

X-force is pretty good, but x-men needs to step up with jean characterization.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-14-2020 at 08:51 AM.

I know but that still doesn't make his cast really big. The reason his cast isn't big is because he doesn't need to develop every single x-men character.
    When the time comes x-men will have a more central cast.

Scott get always to be the leader, really original take from Hickman right?

X-men red didn't even last one year and it is over, while Scott always get leadership push.

X-force is pretty good, but x-men needs to step up with jean characterization.
    This is something we can bridge on (meaning to agree), I do wish Jean had more of the spotlight following X-men Red. It didn't seem quite enough after the character had been gone for so long. Scott back as Xavier's general does sometimes feel like a regression, but I have to admit it works for the character. He gets to be the leader that he was from the early X-men days. Like JDW said the quiet council rules the new mutant nation, but Scott as the captain commander gets to lead them.

Why we still bitching about Scott in here?