Page 89 of 432 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

chillin with apocalypse, omg sinister
    This is a spoiler, you have to delete it

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    It annoys me when fans act like Jean isn’t powerful or that she shouldn’t be omega. Her potential has been a big part of her story for decades. I still want to see more demonstrations of what an omega telepath means and how her and Quire are set apart from the others.

Hickman uses powers in an under stated way , which I do sometimes appreciate, but I do want more with the omega mutants. I’d also love to see Jean use her powers in tandem with Quire, Xavier, or Exodus.

Especially when since the 60's before Claremont or Phoenix she was described as having limitless psionic potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its ironic that Jean started off with the Phoenix costume, then Red and now Marvel Girl. She gets more powerful with each look but in the comics each look subsequent look is attributed to a weaker version of the character
    It's also so disappointing, of all the costumes Jean could get re-branded in the Marvel Girl dress and name is all intentional at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I guess he gave a interview and teen jean is on the first issue cover

Indifference can be worse than hate

Covers are made a lot of time ahead for marketing
    Jean died another 3 or more times after that
    In total agreement, at least with hate there's an underlining reason to not use or misusing the character, indifference lead to wallpaper status or exile into limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Scott seems to the main character because he is the captain commander, and thus he is leading most of these teams. You are right that he's getting a huge push and one that is likely to continue. I do wish Jean was still as prominent as she was in X-men Red, but alas that era is over. At least Jean is used well in X-force and guest stars in X-men.

Hickman used a lot of Xavier in Hox/Pox so other characters may get their time to shine.
    It's almost a shame to call it an era because as soon as it started it was already over, Taylor and Red got a great opening few issues. Then things started to go off the rails as the long-term direction changed and so with it most of her development during that time.

I wish Jean was more of Xavier's second in command with her leadership in Red acknowledged bc uniting mutantkind was one of her goals. She doesnt need to be field leader but the face of mutantkind is a role she's always. been well suited for. I think even more so now than X with that big scary helmet on
    Another of my gripes with her roll out in this new era, this is the role she's literally been occupying for years yet Hickman has not utilized her in that way in the slightest. It's so interesting how Cyke consistently excels in the commander/leadership role that he's been prepping for his whole life. Yet Jean isn't used nearly as well in that regard, even her relationship to Xavier isn't a close or familial as it usually is especially given what she was able to accomplish in X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Probably but X-men #7 was a much better book.
    X-force is doing fine too though I wish it was doing better. To be honest even if I like Domino I didn't buy the issue focused on her.

Sorry Domino, but I feel like X-Force lost a lot of it's steam focusing so closely on Domino for two whole issues. The book which was feeling like the flagship, all of a sudden started feeling like a side book.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    It may sound strange, but I will say it : Benjamin Percy is the kind of alpha male with a big heart. No wonder why he's a real Wolverine fan. No wonder why he appreciates Jean, and why he is not afraid to acknowledge all her multifaceted traits and talents.

Its funny that during CC's run, Jean was one of his favorite character, as Phoenix. She was strong and a temper. CC was so ahead of his time, during the 70's.
    And it's great to see that some famous and talented writers were fans of Phoenix Jean too : Morrison, Kelly and Seagle.

I know that Jean can't be Phoenix, surely for editorial reasons, but Percy is really writing her like the fiery Phoenix Jean is.

Percy gets all the roses and praise for being willing to actually engage Jean in ways that are other than superficial, I also like how he refers to her as the Omega of Omegas I know that for Hickman that's Franklin. But man it's nice to see any area of Jean focused on outside of the little she's done in books not X-force or GSX.

Oh I'm intrigued by what [A] and Jean are discussing, I know everytime I see them together I think of her kicking his ass an entire issue around the Age of X-man era. Oh, and someone do tell whose hanging around Sinister's neck?

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I suppose that's Domino at the right side
    If we're looking at the same person on the lower right, I think that's Tempus aka. Eva Bell
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-17-2020 at 08:56 AM.

That is an awesome quote from Percy! He totally gets her. Imagine a book written by Percy and drawn by Dauterman

Is that Jean fighting the Brood? Is the last issue from X-men gonna play out in X-Force?

Is that Jean fighting the Brood? Is the last issue from X-men gonna play out in X-Force?
    that is x-force #5. Jean fighting the plant people

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I'm so happy to see the support Percy is getting, X-force is the best selling monthly comic outside of Hickman's issues for two months and Wolverine #1 was the best selling book of its month. With all the kind things he's had to say about Jean, I'm just thankful she's in his hands I have no doubt she'll get her due in X-force. My hope is that some of it rolls out to the other books but we'll see.

Just passed a car in NYC with the license plate "JEANGRAY"! Tried to to get a pic but couldn't get it in time!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'm so happy to see the support Percy is getting, X-force is the best selling monthly comic outside of Hickman's issues for two months and Wolverine #1 was the best selling book of its month. With all the kind things he's had to say about Jean, I'm just thankful she's in his hands I have no doubt she'll get her due in X-force. My hope is that some of it rolls out to the other books but we'll see.
    It's good to see percy having success on x-men books, his books are easily my favorite from the line.

Also is good to see a writer likes Jean and gets her

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Just passed a car in NYC with the license plate "JEANGRAY"! Tried to to get a pic but couldn't get it in time!
    Maybe a real person is called like that?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Agreed. I hope we get some Jean centric issues eventually. I am hopeful Percy will get to define Jean in this new era. He definitely says the right things, and his work has been great so far. Jean will be in tomorrow’s issue of X-force and then again in next week’s X-men issue.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

God, I wish we'd gotten more of Jean's relationship with Hope. More of the 'Jean in charge' era in general, really...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

the extermination era was flawless
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

That being said you can't have both for Jean.

Jean was in X-Force #9 briefly, but didn't play much of a role. Still had a few nice exchanges and I still recommend the book.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.