Page 92 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Or Marvel X
    I kinda like it, almost sounds like marvelous. But I think Jean Grey is fine. Marvel Girl is so retro and it felt out of place in the late 80’s and early 90’s when she was sometimes called Marvel Girl in the x-factor years.

Phoenix is perfect, but they destroyed that for the foreseeable future. I’m not sure a new name would work for her. Maybe a title would work better (thinking of a hellfire title).

BANNED

For me, nothing beats Phoenix. There'd be no question of codenames if the cowards would let her have her mythology and aesthetics.

Marvel Woman or Phoenix. And she needs a costume fit for the year 2020.

Besides Phoenix(which has been soiled and bandied about too much over the decades), I'm fine with just Jean Grey...some of my favorite moments are when she was "just" Jean Grey, and it still commands fear from her enemies and love&respect from her friends and teammates, and she is pretty well known throughout the universe as Jean Grey

I don't much like Marvel or marvel derivative names because it's too close to the actual company.
    Last edited by Omega_DCD; 03-20-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Marvel Woman or Phoenix. And she needs a costume fit for the year 2020.
    Seconded! Jean will always be Phoenix, even without the Force.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I still don't think that the Phoenix has been sullied or bandied or whatever. I think it's a perfectly good codename only for Jean, and hope that Marvel does have plans to get the force back to her where it can stay indefinitely and be used for good.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

The Phoenix hasn't been sullied, it's just stealing other characters' gimmicks has always been and always will be lame. Jean wouldn't be cool if she ran around with adamantium claws and Thor's hammer either, the Phoenix Force works for her because it fits her character in the same way that those other character's iconic features fit them, it doesn't work if you just mix and match all willy nilly.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Or something totally new for her

Jean Grey + Marvel Girl + Phoenix = new codename : Trinity
    What about Psiad....no?! Okay I'll go...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    For me, nothing beats Phoenix. There'd be no question of codenames if the cowards would let her have her mythology and aesthetics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Seconded! Jean will always be Phoenix, even without the Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I still don't think that the Phoenix has been sullied or bandied or whatever. I think it's a perfectly good codename only for Jean, and hope that Marvel does have plans to get the force back to her where it can stay indefinitely and be used for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The Phoenix hasn't been sullied, it's just stealing other characters' gimmicks has always been and always will be lame. Jean wouldn't be cool if she ran around with adamantium claws and Thor's hammer either, the Phoenix Force works for her because it fits her character in the same way that those other character's iconic features fit them, it doesn't work if you just mix and match all willy nilly.
    I will never understand why Jean can't fully embrace the PF or at the very least the codename and visuals, Marvel will literally allow anyone not named Jean Grey casually wield the PF and utilize the name. At this point it's time Jean to engage with all if her history she's one of the few characters who imagery and mantle are always removed and in the most asinine ways.

I'm still sore that they brought her back without ever acknowledging she was gathering her missing pieces!

BANNED

I had forgotten about the pieces too, since her return! Wow! I feel like a bad fan.

You're totally right and it's just another intended disrespect to her history.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    What about Psiad....no?! Okay I'll go...

I will never understand why Jean can't fully embrace the PF or at the very least the codename and visuals, Marvel will literally allow anyone not named Jean Grey casually wield the PF and utilize the name. At this point it's time Jean to engage with all if her history she's one of the few characters who imagery and mantle are always removed and in the most asinine ways.

I'm still sore that they brought her back without ever acknowledging she was gathering her missing pieces!
    I dont think that was ever gonna happen bc AvX made her storyline irrelevant. Such a shame

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I had forgotten about the pieces too, since her return! Wow! I feel like a bad fan.

You're totally right and it's just another intended disrespect to her history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think that was ever gonna happen bc AvX made her storyline irrelevant. Such a shame
    Guys, I know I'm annoying but there's so much potential with Jean and very rarely is anything capitalized on infact mostly its just ignored. And I read other characters some of which are lower on the totem pole and its like writers are inspired to connect the dots to dangling plot lines, yet with Jean they expressly ignore them.

I mean if their going to forget about her pieces fine, but it would have been nice if anyone acknowledged what Jean was trying to do in XM:R. Or at the very least use that and her to help establish Krakoa.... nope!

Jean is a strong female character that has been in multiple different positions of power in multiple different contexts. So naturally people are threatened by the character's entire existence - that's why when Byrne came on he made it a point to have her killed off for the Dark Phoenix saga and it's been... weird since then. Jean was allowed a position of power in X-Men Red and the end of the Resurrxion era and it was all ripped away in favor of a more familiar and notably male character being in charge of everything. It sucks. It's like they're afraid of allowing this specific advancement because it's a female character when it is, in fact, the natural next step of things based on the way that Jean has been recognized for years.

I would be all over the idea of, after the Phoenix realizes that Namor is a scrub and that it wants different things, Jean is allowed to play double duty with the Avengers and the X-Men like Magik has been allowed to do and Wolverine has been allowed to do. Jean, of all mutants, is the one that feels like the most natural fit working with the outside world and it just feels like the most natural extension of the character... and it allows Marvel to have their iconic Phoenix as Phoenix and as a part of their biggest team (even if Aaron's run hasn't always been the best). Especially since Aaron had all those hints about Jean at the beginning of his run; Hickman and Aaron are friends, they can share.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Hints of Jean from Jason Aaron?

Hints of Jean from Jason Aaron?
    Early on in his run he kept making references to Jean. Captain America mentions her when the team needs a telepath and then when the celestials are killing all life on Earth he basically implies that Jean starts Phoenixing out, falling to her knees screaming and having visions of fire.

it sucks that the Phoenix started with Jean and now she can't claim the name, and now almost every villain or hero can have it
    I personally don't like Jean with Phoenix in team groups cause the Phoenix is a multiversal entity it's just too much power, it's like she can end every villain they face without a team

I would like Marvel to explore her Telepathy and Telekinesis more, it makes me mad how good the Pink Form concept was but they forgot about it and it was just a thing for a Teen Jean

I prefer the Jean Grey "nickname" over Marvel Girl, and the costume is dated, not even know why would they do that to her