Page 93 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I prefer the Jean Grey "nickname" over Marvel Girl, and the costume is dated, not even know why would they do that to her
    The green is particularly horrible: a simple mix of cyan and yellow that screams "pulp comic book".
    Last edited by Zelena; 03-21-2020 at 01:11 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Early on in his run he kept making references to Jean. Captain America mentions her when the team needs a telepath and then when the celestials are killing all life on Earth he basically implies that Jean starts Phoenixing out, falling to her knees screaming and having visions of fire.
    Honestly if he wrote Jean and had her usurp the Phoenix Force in his run, that would almost make up for the crap that he has done bc at least there would be some payoff and bring things full circle back to her

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Honestly if he wrote Jean and had her usurp the Phoenix Force in his run, that would almost make up for the crap that he has done bc at least there would be some payoff and bring things full circle back to her
    Honestly agreed. There's just a huge question of if he's even allowed to touch her - or his second choice, Quentin Quire, for that matter.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Aaron with Jean would be great. I'm sure he could outdo helplessly crying and TKing plates

BANNED

considering the state jennifer walters is in now be carefull what you wish for

Phoenix Jean can't crash a flying fire whale into Roxxon HQ.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    considering the state jennifer walters is in now be carefull what you wish for
    I mean, you know, what's happening with Jen is unfortunately the result of something Bendis put into motion and Jean is Jean. His Carol is semi-decent.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I mean, you know, what's happening with Jen is unfortunately the result of something Bendis put into motion and Jean is Jean. His Carol is semi-decent.
    you know there was an entire series dealing with her trauma and her changes that ended in a positive note only for aaron to ruin it, right?

BANNED

What's happening to She Hulk?

That would be the ideal, Jean get the Phoenix out of crazy possesed Namor and saves the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What's happening to She Hulk?
    Aaron wrote that she-hulk was raped by starfox, he used his pheromones for her sleep with him. She discovered that and that is why she is muscular like Hulk, because she doesn't want to be attractive anymore.
    it sucks that the Phoenix started with Jean and now she can't claim the name, and now almost every villain or hero can have it
    I personally don't like Jean with Phoenix in team groups cause the Phoenix is a multiversal entity it's just too much power, it's like she can end every villain they face without a team

I would like Marvel to explore her Telepathy and Telekinesis more, it makes me mad how good the Pink Form concept was but they forgot about it and it was just a thing for a Teen Jean

I prefer the Jean Grey "nickname" over Marvel Girl, and the costume is dated, not even know why would they do that to her
    A solution for that is that Jean can't use full Phoenix force or she will destroy her body or some other limitation.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-21-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Aaron wrote that she-hulk was raped by starfox, he used his pheromones for her sleep with him. She discovered that and that is why she is muscular like Hulk, because she doesn't want to be attractive anymore.
    Wait, what?

it sucks that the Phoenix started with Jean and now she can't claim the name, and now almost every villain or hero can have it
    I personally don't like Jean with Phoenix in team groups cause the Phoenix is a multiversal entity it's just too much power, it's like she can end every villain they face without a team

I would like Marvel to explore her Telepathy and Telekinesis more, it makes me mad how good the Pink Form concept was but they forgot about it and it was just a thing for a Teen Jean

Jean's power levels in New X-men were ideal. She had her powerful tp/tk but also could channel the Phoenix. She was described as being plugged into a cosmic power source. It was like being plugged into a battery or a phone always on charge. She was powerful but not cosmic world ending powerful.

Or even before then when she had the Phoenix costume and codename but was just a powerful tp/tk. The problem is that they did so much to make the Phoenix it's own character not just a cosmic force. Now that it is a cosmic std that can possess anyone it just becomes boring and convoluted.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think you're confusing a storyline from She-Hulk's solo book from like 14 years written by Dan Slott where She-Hulk was Starfox's lawyer and thought he had used his powers to seduce her in the past, but it turned out he had not. His seduction power is also psionic, not pheromone based. That has nothing to do with Jennifer's current bulked up state in Aaron's Avengers book. From what I've read, she got an extra boost of power from a Celestial, which made her more like the classic Hulk where she's stronger but with less mental faculties.

My theory is that perhaps they did plan to use Jean in Avengers but that plan changed. Jean was name dropped a few times early on and I thought maybe she would have some sort of connection to the prehistoric Phoenix but I don't think anything will come of it.

When Jean was said to be overcome with fiery visions she was said to be in Atlantis (it was during the X-men Red days). So there is the Namor connection , and he might be the latest phoenix host.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I think you're confusing a storyline from She-Hulk's solo book from like 14 years written by Dan Slott where She-Hulk was Starfox's lawyer and thought he had used his powers to seduce her in the past, but it turned out he had not. His seduction power is also psionic, not pheromone based. That has nothing to do with Jennifer's current bulked up state in Aaron's Avengers book. From what I've read, she got an extra boost of power from a Celestial, which made her more like the classic Hulk where she's stronger but with less mental faculties.
    it wasn't me, it was Aaron

he retconned that story from her solo, image from avengers #20

I owuld be more interested if he explored this idea with Jean on dark Phoenix, as it wouldn't need to retcon.