Page 94 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 6479

spirit w0t you on about bruh

Aaron established sexual harassment as a constant problem in her superhero career to be the reason she is ok with and enjoys being savage even if she has trouble controlling it and enjoyed being normal She-Hulk too.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    spirit w0t you on about bruh

Aaron established sexual harassment as a constant problem in her superhero career to be the reason she is ok with and enjoys being savage even if she has trouble controlling it and enjoyed being normal She-Hulk too.
    women who often get sexual harassment and abuse many times starts to get unsexy as a way to avoid future incidents.
    This point I think Aaron at least did his reasearch.

I'm a bit of doubt when it comes to Aaron writing Jean, his best female character still is Jane. But I can't really remember any highlight on female characters on his career.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    women who often get sexual harassment and abuse many times starts to get unsexy as a way to avoid future incidents.
    This point I think Aaron at least did his reasearch.

I'm a bit of doubt when it comes to Aaron writing Jean, his best female character still is Jane. But I can't really remember any highlight on female characters on his career.
    Overall he really wasn’t into female characters so much as the main character. Overall his record was bad. But it was amazing when he took Jane Foster who was always the powerless girlfriend who had to be rescued and made her Thor. Even more interesting she was a cancer patient in a human form. So when he gets interested he can right a compelling female protagonist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Jean's power levels in New X-men were ideal. She had her powerful tp/tk but also could channel the Phoenix. She was described as being plugged into a cosmic power source. It was like being plugged into a battery or a phone always on charge. She was powerful but not cosmic world ending powerful.

Or even before then when she had the Phoenix costume and codename but was just a powerful tp/tk. The problem is that they did so much to make the Phoenix it's own character not just a cosmic force. Now that it is a cosmic std that can possess anyone it just becomes boring and convoluted.
    True. Of course when has continuity every stopped Marvel. The instant they want to they can ignore Ohoenix being a cosmic std and have it go back to Jean.

It possessing everyone doesn’t really contradict it being tied to Jean. It could possess an insect. However, Jean is the true Phoenix who repeatedly has aced the universe and who repeatedly arises from the dead as Phoenix and as herself.

BANNED

Generally speaking, the Phoenix dud not make its full cosmic power available Jean except for when seriously needed. That, plus Jean had a moral code.

It’s like powerful characters like Magik or Thor could go back in time and do whatever but they don’t due to the consequences to the time stream. Only in extreme circumstances do Magik or Thor use their time powers.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I like the idea of treating Jean going full Phoenix (as in full cosmic power) like an Avatar mode, Super Saiyan, etc kind of thing. A temporary power-up state that Jean can only access whenever absolutely necessary.

Normal Phoenix Jean is about the same as she was during Morrison's run give or take, a bit more powerful than she is now, in control, etc. I'd also throw in Dark Phoenix as a chaotic but still heroic 'mode' for when Phoenix is given control for a short amount of time.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

I want Jean to either go back to being Phoenix or wear her X-Men Red costume again: that 1960s costume needs to go.

My point is that she wouldn't need the Phoenix (Let's be honest the Phoenix is very overused at this point and not even for her, Marvel gave that power up to so many characters through the years)

If they could give her again her pink form she could be just as dangerous with the draining abilities, leaving her body for a body made of pure psionic energy and with superhuman stats and let's not forget the powerful tp and tk working together (it's not like Jean didn't fly through the space before with at least super sonic speed with just her TK like the issue with Binary, a high-end feat but a feat) and then just go back to normal recreating her body with her molecular TK like she did i think at least two times, one with the Poisons and the other idk

I'm saying this because even if some of us want the Phoenix being a part of her i don't think Marvel has plans to give her Phoenix for now but i could be wrong tho.

I also want her x-men red costume back

Don't know if anyone here has HBO, but Dark Phoenix debuted on it last night. Even though I own the movie and have seen it multiple times, I still watched it. After the events of the past couple of weeks, it was a nice escape. It remains one of my favorite superhero movies. And I find it to be one of the most re-watchable superhero movies I've ever seen.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Don't know if anyone here has HBO, but Dark Phoenix debuted on it last night. Even though I own the movie and have seen it multiple times, I still watched it. After the events of the past couple of weeks, it was a nice escape. It remains one of my favorite superhero movies. And I find it to be one of the most re-watchable superhero movies I've ever seen.
    I do and I saw it! Even though I saw it numerous times in the theatre, I watched it twice last nite!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I watched it multiple times in the theatre and we bought the blu ray as soon as it came out. It has a lot of faults/issues but there are things to appreciate about the movie. When you watch the commentary you see what went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    I want Jean to either go back to being Phoenix or wear her X-Men Red costume again: that 1960s costume needs to go.
    I did not like the X-Men Red costume at first but it grew on me and I prefer it to the MG look. The X-Men Red costume looks best in green and yellow. I wish Jean would get a different costume because the X-Men Red look is too armored and MG just looks bizarre (not practical for most missions, a retro look, a call back to her as a teen/young woman). It doesn't command the respect as say, Storm's costume. The character is the first x-woman and should look the part.

The thing I do like about the MG look is that Jean does look strange especially with the mask. She looks like someone wearing "mutant clothes" as opposed to human clothes.

Yeah, I liked Dauterman's redesign of the X-Men Red costume, but I feel like he's the only one that would be able to draw it well. Say what you will about the Marvel Girl outfit, but I have yet to see an artist's depiction of it that I thought was ugly. It's kinda perfect in its simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Yeah, I liked Dauterman's redesign of the X-Men Red costume, but I feel like he's the only one that would be able to draw it well. Say what you will about the Marvel Girl outfit, but I have yet to see an artist's depiction of it that I thought was ugly. It's kinda perfect in its simplicity.
    If you love the washing gloves, from some artists' interpretation of the Marvel Girl suit, yeah, I suppose it's kind of perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    90% of the renditions Ive seen of it in DoX have been ugly