Page 96 of 432 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wish Jean or Cable had their Revolution outfits.
    I have been hoping to see Jean’s Revolution look pop up somewhere but nothing yet.
    First X-Lady

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wish Jean or Cable had their Revolution outfits.
    Given that Jean is notably Phoenix this would've been cool. And they could have made her alternate color green!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I have been hoping to see Jean’s Revolution look pop up somewhere but nothing yet.
    Dautreman likes revolution costume, maybe something down the road

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Dautreman likes revolution costume, maybe something down the road
    Jen Bartel asked awhile ago on her twitter what was people's favorite Jean costumes, I imagine for a cover. Revolution was mentioned a bunch, most notably by Kris Anka(which kinda made it the top comment IIRC lol).
    Last edited by Wiccan; 03-23-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jen Bartel asked awhile ago on her twitter what was people's favorite Jean costumes, I imagine for a cover. Revolution was mentioned a bunch, most notably by Kris Anka(which kinda made it the top comment IIRC lol).
    I never thought it was that popular...

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    is the same thing? for u? for me is not, lol, is really a difference between girl and woman, besides it could be the counter part to wonder woman
    Yeah, girl and woman has a difference. I got annoyed when on supergirl they had Cat justifying that every woman is a girl.

Jean is almost 30 to be called a girl

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Frankly, Marvel Girl, Marvel Woman...
    To-may-to, tom-mah-to...
    An adult woman should be called just that: a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    An adult woman should be called just that: a woman.
    Actually, Marvel + Girl or Marvel + Woman are not great codenames imo. That's what I meant.

Phoenix is the perfect codename. It's sad that Hickman and/or some Marvel editors prefer something less.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Actually, Marvel + Girl or Marvel + Woman are not great codenames imo. That's what I meant.

Phoenix is the perfect codename. It's sad that Hickman and/or some Marvel editors prefer something less.
    All of this.
    Marvel woman doesn't have that bad Ass ring to it.

Seems like a downgrade. Phoenix or even just Jean grey sound so iconic and badass.

I keep trying to think of something cool and badass, but I can't come up with anything.
    I think she should just stick to Phoenix or Jean grey. Marvel girl /woman don't bring that image I'm looking for to mind.

Jean going by her name does have a certain degree of bad-assness to it. In modern history (the 90s, Morrison era, and then teen Jean and post-Ressurection Jean) all of Jean's badass feats have been under the name Jean Grey. She's the most powerful psychic mind in the world. There's just a certain gravitas to Jean Grey.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

I think for trademark purposes they have to occasionally use the name Marvel Girl. Or else if it’s never used again, Marvel loses all rights too it. In the past 25 years Valeria Richards, then Rachel Grey used the name Marvel Girl. Now Jean Grey herself is.

With that said it sucks. There are all these Wolverines around. Why couldn’t adult Jean be Phoenix and the o5 stay in the present? Jeen could have been Marvel Girl.

She’s probably going to be Marvel Girl until a writer wants her as protagonist. Then she can be Phoenix again.

But I guess that didn’t fit Hickman’s vision. Marvel Girl makes sense as Jean has to be put in the background as HoX was really about how Xavier, Moira, Magneto, and Sinister reshaped the world of mutants. Even Destiny played her role.

I think Jean is Marvel Girl just because of the fact that they wanted her to have a "mutant name," which is one of the sillier things about Krakoa in general. There's no need for it.

I'm glad they didn't keep teen Jean around long term. It would've caused more problems than it would've solved and it would have technically gone against everything Krakoa was trying to establish, likely why the O5 got sent home in the first place. If someone needs to be Marvel Girl then they should just make a new one and either keep it in the X-Men brand or give her to the Marvel family, or even better, both.

Eg. make Gailyn Bailey the new Marvel Girl, make her a protege of Captain Marvel, bam.

Captain Marvel? Thats so random. If they ever brought her back, which they should, she should remain an X-character

And the Marvel Girl doesnt need to be in continual use in order for Marvel to retain the trademark to it. We had her without the codename for years throughout the 90s. Just publishing a book using the name for a character is enough to suffice and they do that enough outside of the regular ongoing X-men books. Grand Design, Age of X-man, not to mention other minis I havent paid too much attention to which utilized her. These all pushed the deadline back a few years. Jean didnt have to go back to the name for any trademark reasons. There are ways around that which Marvel has always employed

IA with Harps. The teen 05s story pretty much dried up at the end of Bendis' run and Marvel did nothing but drag them past their expiration date. They were too problematic to keep around and their existence goes against the current status quo.
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-23-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Captain Marvel? Thats so random. If they ever brought her back, which they should, she should remain an X-character
    I mean - I suggested making her both. Tying an X-Character to Captain Marvel should be fine too, and it keeps the "family" connected so to speak.

I don't mind Jean going as Marvel Girl but think the name better serves Rachel. In a perfect world, Jean's codename would still be Phoenix and Rachel would use Marvel Girl or Starchilde. Prestige is terrible.

considering all of the mass-resurrections among mutants, virtually everyone has become "a phoenix" in their own way. I wonder will this notion be touched on in the macro-story, soon.