Page 114 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be fair, it seems like Barry is uncharacteristically sour here, so I don't think that's a reflection on Hal at all. If anything Hal comes off much better than Barry does.
    I was thinking that Barry seems out of character here and Hal comes off pretty ok to me. He's reacting to Barry's attitude. Gorgeous art though.

In the context of the story, Barry is in the midst of an emotional breakdown, so that's why he's acting uncharacteristically sharp. He and Hal actually have a heart-to-heart later, and it's a nice showcase of the strength of their friendship. I really liked it.

ffma10i (2).jpg
    ffma10i (3).jpg

(Hi, by the way! Big GL fan here, hope it's okay that I jumped in. )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rsquared; 07-11-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rsquared View Post
    In the context of the story, Barry is in the midst of an emotional breakdown, so that's why he's acting uncharacteristically sharp. He and Hal actually have a heart-to-heart later, and it's a nice showcase of the strength of their friendship. I really liked it.

ffma10.jpg

Hi there. Welcome!

Where is this from by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Hi there. Welcome!

Where is this from by the way?
    Thanks! It's from Flash: Fastest Man Alive #10 by Dave Wielgosz and Brad Walker. It's a digital-first series, I think.
    Last edited by rsquared; 07-11-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Finished TGL#5. Just wanted to pop in and say how great it is that a Green Lantern book is once again DC’s best title.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I was thinking that Barry seems out of character here and Hal comes off pretty ok to me. He's reacting to Barry's attitude. Gorgeous art though.
    I agree. Hal actually comes across pretty well here, dealing with a friend who is obviously in a bad mood. Even when he put Barry in his place saying he has to look over "a lot of planets" when Barry is bitching about taking care of two cities. He's still just trying to look after his friend.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-11-2020 at 07:43 PM.

ffma10i (2).jpg
    ffma10i (3).jpg

Welcome! Always great to see new fans.

Thanks! It's from Flash: Fastest Man Alive #10 by Dave Wielgosz and Brad Walker. It's a digital-first series, I think.
    Awesome - thanks! I didn't know this had come out. I just bought it - it's a pretty good Hal appearance. Coincidentally, it's similar to the short story in the anniversary special with Ollie where Hal shows up (and gets some crap for being in space too much) and helps out a friend who's been acting out and getting close to the edge.
    Annotation-2020-07-11-230037.jpg

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

ffma10i (2).jpg
    ffma10i (3).jpg

Welcome!
    Also the dialogue is really good.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

ffma10i (2).jpg
    ffma10i (3).jpg

Glad to know the story was about more than just the usual silly jabs at Hal by writers who don't understand him. Welcome!
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-12-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

ffma10i (2).jpg
    ffma10i (3).jpg

I liked this story a lot, too. These one-and-done stories can be really great when done right. The art on both of these stories was also a highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Finished TGL#5. Just wanted to pop in and say how great it is that a Green Lantern book is once again DC’s best title.
    Agreed. This issue really did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Awesome - thanks! I didn't know this had come out. I just bought it - it's a pretty good Hal appearance. Coincidentally, it's similar to the short story in the anniversary special with Ollie where Hal shows up (and gets some crap for being in space too much) and helps out a friend who's been acting out and getting close to the edge.
    Annotation-2020-07-11-230037.jpg
    Yeah, there's a nice symmetry to how Hal is portrayed in each story. I like the idea that Hal is always there to help out his friends whenever they need help. This is a breath of fresh air compared to other times during the late '80s when Barry was dead, Ollie didn't want anything to do with him, and every time he helped John, he only made things worse.