Page 111 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Also tfw Morrison brings back even Olivia Reynolds but still no Dorine!
    She's from the time period the series is inspired by so I certainly hope she shows up.

Last edited by Johnny; 07-07-2020 at 03:07 AM.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    She's from the time period the series is inspired by so I certainly hope she shows up.
    Yeah, that run also gave us Haljor the barbarian lol (possible inspiration for the athmoora issues in season one?).

haljor.jpg
    Last edited by Mutatis_Mutandis; 07-07-2020 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Anybody remember when was the last time Hal was stationed on Earth? Ferls like it's been years. Was it Geoff John's early run?
    I think so. If I'm not mistaken, that was when they assigned two Lanterns per a sector and Hal was partnered with John and stationed on Earth. Ever since the rainbow wars started it's been a running gag how little time he spends on Earth.
    He was on Earth for a bit during Brightest Day trying to find the Entities. He didn't go back into space until they had to fight Krona, if I recall correctly.

Extraordinary Member

Question... how is a Morrison’s run. Never got around to reading it.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

From Beyond the Unknown #1 was an alright read. It read like that was an earlier version of Hal. The art was good.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I read a bit of it and find it boring but he's currently on season 2 but I don't know how that is.

This is kind of amusing because, for the life of me, I can't think of a single interaction between Hal and Victor.

Well, other then that scene in the Reign of the Supermen movie where Hal assumes Victor can talk to Cyborg-Superman because they're both robots .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Might be the best modern run on the character. It's pretty much the equivalent to All-Star for Hal, it pulls from his whole history but mostly deals with the Silver/Bronze age.

Though it doesn't quite reach that level because there are the typical Morrison issues where he gets a little too weird/self indulgent for his own good and that brings it down. But overall Hal is great in it and it's probably the only interesting book for their main line DC has on the stands right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is kind of amusing because, for the life of me, I can't think of a single interaction between Hal and Victor.

Well, other then that scene in the Reign of the Supermen movie where Hal assumes Victor can talk to Cyborg-Superman because they're both robots .
    Maybe the idea was "put the two guys WB failed the most in the same image"?

I'm quite enjoying it, it's the most refreshing take on GL in my opinion since Johns' early years on the book.

I know some wish it felt more connected to the rest of the DC universe but honestly given its current state I feel the less Hal is involved and more off doing his own thing out in space the better off his character is.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-07-2020 at 06:34 PM. Reason: clarity

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm quite enjoying it, it's the most refreshing take on GL in my opinion since Johns' early years on the book.

I know some wish it felt more connected to the rest of the DC universe but honestly given it's current state I feel the less Hal is involved and more off doing his own thing out in space the better off he is.
    Yeah, it has much less of a spinning wheels/filler feel to it than the rest of the DC line. I think more DC books should be like that, just concentrate on telling a good story in a self contained run with a unique identity (which the Morrison/Sharp team provides).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, it has much less of a spinning wheels/filler feel to it than the rest of the DC line. I think more DC books should be like that, just concentrate on telling a good story in a self contained run with a unique identity (which the Morrison/Sharp team provides).
    Yeah, the more time goes on the less I find myself caring how a particular series fits into wider continuity. Especially given how poorly some characters get presented in larger team or event books.

It really just depends on your feelings on Morrison. It's not my favorite take but Morrison has some interesting ideas (like he always does).

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Best take on Hal since New Frontier imo. Season one through Blackstars is consistently great. Season two has been a bit hit and miss.