Page 156 of 233 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3484

I kind of want to see what Hal with Ion would've been like...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    "Will Towel"
    CATFIGHT, Emotional Spectrum style!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think anyone was quite expecting how they would use Sinestro on this show, but it was very this show .
    can you spoil what the plot was about? i still have no idea what happened with that episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    The coolest Hal could ever be. That armor and cape really suit his grey hair.
    For as cool a villain as that is and as cool a design, I don't think it lasted long enough in the comics in that his death came way too soon. DC could have mined a lot more out of Parallax than they did during the Kyle Rayner years.

Astonishing Member

I kind of want to see what Hal with Ion would've been like...
    I would have too.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    can you spoil what the plot was about? i still have no idea what happened with that episode.
    Carol uses a disguised Sinestro as her fake boyfriend to make Hal jealous (and Sinestro is doing the same with Carol).

Mighty Member

by the way, does anybody know what happened in this episode? why is everybody so "huggy"?
    The episode is called #ItsComplicated if anyone is curious

Basically most of the time Carol is stalking Hal around, but this time she blows him off, he finds out she's dating somebody named Thaal Sinclair, he gets jealous and starts stalking her around so she'll go out with him again, then eventually he begs Carol to take him back and she finally does. Then she admits that she was fake dating Thaal Sinclair to make Hal jealous so he'd pay attention to her again. Then Thaal Sinclair wipes off his flesh-colored disguise to reveal he's Thaal Sinestro, and he was fake dating Carol to get close to Hal so he could get revenge for Hal ditching him and ruining their bromance (I feel I should point out this is also why Sinestro went from a green to a yellow lantern, and they used the word bromance verbatim). Carol and Sinestro start attacking Hal, Dex-starr randomly shows up to piss Jessica off, Jessica tells Hal this is all his fault and he needs to apologize to them. Hal apologizes saying that if he wasn't so cool and handsome Carol wouldn't be so obsessed with him and if he wasn't so awesome and fun to hang out with then Sinestro wouldn't have been so sad when Hal ditched him. Jessica is pretty sure they're about to kill him but instead they forgive him and everybody hugs (Dex-starr says he loves Hal because he tastes like steak sauce). Then they all fly off happily Jessica is stunned that Hal's non-apology somehow worked.

Long summary but like the episode title says it's complicated. lol

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post

Basically most of the time Carol is stalking Hal around, but this time she blows him off, he finds out she's dating somebody named Thaal Sinclair, he gets jealous and starts stalking her around so she'll go out with him again, then eventually he begs Carol to take him back and she finally does. Then she admits that she was fake dating Thaal Sinclair to make Hal jealous so he'd pay attention to her again. Then Thaal Sinclair wipes off his flesh-colored disguise to reveal he's Thaal Sinestro, and he was fake dating Carol to get close to Hal so he could get revenge for Hal ditching him and ruining their bromance (I feel I should point out this is also why Sinestro went from a green to a yellow lantern, and they used the word bromance verbatim). Carol and Sinestro start attacking Hal, Dex-starr randomly shows up to piss Jessica off, Jessica tells Hal this is all his fault and he needs to apologize to them. Hal apologizes saying that if he wasn't so cool and handsome Carol wouldn't be so obsessed with him and if he wasn't so awesome and fun to hang out with then Sinestro wouldn't have been so sad when Hal ditched him. Jessica is pretty sure they're about to kill him but instead they forgive him and everybody hugs (Dex-starr says he loves Hal because he tastes like steak sauce). Then they all fly off happily Jessica is stunned that Hal's non-apology somehow worked.

Sounds like they all need therapy.

Which in that universe I imagine is Saint Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post

thanks.

that was interesting. saw some clips of it on youtube and did not expect the motivation of sinestro...

thanks.

that was interesting. saw some clips of it on youtube and did not expect the motivation of sinestro...
    It seems like they took some surprising influences from the Johns era bromance (sorry Anthony) .

It seems like they took some surprising influences from the Johns era bromance (sorry Anthony) .
    that part of john's gl run i wasn't too excited about.

i remember being disappointed that sinestro felt he was the star of the gl book at the time.

that part of john's gl run i wasn't too excited about.

i remember being disappointed that sinestro felt he was the star of the gl book at the time.
    Think that's Johns tendency to want to get into villains' heads. When I read his Superman or Captain Marvel stuff, always get the sense he's more interested in Luthor and Black Adam than the former two.

I mean, it's a common complaint that Johns loves his villains too much...

Astonishing Member

I mean, it's a common complaint that Johns loves his villains too much...
    he builds them up better than he does the protagonists of the books. I have always loved Hal Jordan as Green Lantern but the way John's protrayed Sinestro had me wondering how Hal ever managed to EVER defeat him. Just as driven, just as brave more focused??? Sigh I wish he put as much effort into showing what made Hal great as he did Sinestro. A hero is judged by the quality of his adversaries but one should build up both the protagonist AND the antagonist. Like for me John's portrayal of Black Adam way outshines his Shazam.