Page 84 of 233 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3484
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    strange. i am more worried than excited if this rumor has any bearing at all...

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ampaign=buffer
    I seriously doubt this is even remotely true.

1) Reynolds was miserable filming GL because Martin Campbell tortured him with take after take because he wanted to cast someone else.

2) Reynolds would be way too expensive. They only have 20 million to finish a nearly 4 hour VFX heavy film.

3) There won't be any reshoots, just ADR, according to more reliable sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

1) Reynolds was miserable filming GL because Martin Campbell tortured him with take after take because he wanted to cast someone else.

2) Reynolds would be way too expensive. They only have 20 million to finish a nearly 4 hour VFX heavy film.

Yeah, most of that budget is going on special effects for the footage that was previously left on the cutting room floor.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I bought GL E1 on comixology. From the first coupla pages Im in for a treat.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I get it's all speculation, but I find the fact that there's people who still entertain the idea of Hal being on that show to be rather surprising. Judging by their treatment of him, WB clearly sees the character as box office poison. You see how they treat him even in animation now, killing him off in three second flashback scenes, giving him the most unflattering portrayal that any of the male characters get on DCSHG, shafting him from all the covers and promotional materials in their animated movies, running with the Ryan Reynolds jokes and even posting memes of offering him his ring back on twitter, he's not even the featured Green Lantern in the Harley Quinn show despite that Sinestro is there, so to think they could possibly make Hal Jordan a main character on the HBO show sounds way too unrealistic to even speculate about. What in my opinion is not unrealistic to speculate about is the only way they could use him in outside media from now on, provided he's not shafted in everything, is by making him old or turning him into Parallax in order to prop other Lanterns. Currently I see no reason to think WB sees any value in this character other than that and the usual mockery.
    Idk man you distracted pretty much entirely from my main point just to talk about why you think Hal won’t be in the show. That’s great and all but not relevant to the outfits. I mean what actual evidence is there for you to claim it’s “way too unrealistic?”

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Idk man you distracted pretty much entirely from my main point just to talk about why you think Hal won’t be in the show. That’s great and all but not relevant to the outfits. I mean what actual evidence is there for you to claim it’s “way too unrealistic?”
    The character's treatment by WB for the past decade? After all of that I'm supposed to believe they would suddenly turn around and decide to give him a better portrayal? These characters are owned by corporations, if they're going to be given a push in outside media, the company that owns them has to want to push them first. Hal is hardly in the position that he was in prior to the Ryan Reynolds debacle and he's perhaps considered the most replaceable character in all of comics since he shares that mantle with so many other individuals. DC has to show me they see more value in him for me to entertain the idea that he's ever going to get a good live-action portrayal.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-25-2020 at 12:53 PM.

BANNED

The character's treatment by WB for the past decade? After all of that I'm supposed to believe they would suddenly turn around and decide to give him a better portrayal? These characters are owned by corporations, if they're going to be given a push in outside media, the company that owns them has to want to push them first. Hal is hardly in the position that he was in prior to the Ryan Reynolds debacle and he's perhaps considered the most replaceable character in all of comics since she shares that mantle with so many other individuals. DC has to show me they see more value in him for me to entertain the idea that he's ever going to get a good live-action portrayal.
    I mean I think that’s the point of this show to begin with. Also weren’t you countering me last year when I said I wanted Guy and John to be the main GLs and you repeatedly told me I was “wrong” and that it would be Hal and John? What changed in that time? I think you should have more faith especially considering what others have pointed out like how Geoff Johns is the exec producer and we know it will focus on two Lanterns. But that could be Simon and Jessica for all we know. I just think it’s Hal because Hal is one of the quintessential Lanterns.

But again, it’s a complete deviation from where I was going with this topic. I’m convinced that the GL show will be bad anyway. I raised the topic because I’m curious how they will adapt the Green Lantern uniforms and if the GLs would have distinct uniforms. Because for a lot of fan art and stuff people tend to draw Hal in John’s suit or draw several GLs with the exact same uniform. So if we’re being honest I’d rather talk about the uniforms than your lack of faith in HBO putting Hal in the show

BANNED

Hal stars in the main GL book, and he starred in the last main GL book

Hal has been featured in almost every recent DC animated film in the past 5 or so years

A character being adapted poorly does not mean that character is disliked by the studio or the general public

He is consistently in the top 5 of IGN’s Top DC Superheroes Lists

I’m sorry but how can it be argued that DC does not have faith in this character? yeah maybe we’ve had some lame adaptations in stuff like DCSHG but the fact of the matter is they chose to adapt Hal and not any other GL character. To say DC doesn’t care about Hal is just objectively incorrect.

And how can we gloss over that Mr Retired from Comics Morrison, one of DC’s all time superstar writers, came back to DC and monthly books to write Hal Jordan. That doesn’t mean anything??

Aside from a starring role in JL, John has had barely any exposure in recent years. Not as much as Hal that’s for sure.

I think any arguments about “which GL DC hates the most” usually reflects how DC treats Green Lantern as a property to begin with

BANNED

and he's perhaps considered the most replaceable character in all of comics since he shares that mantle with so many other individuals.
    Well, he's a replacement himself, in a sense. He was actually the one that set the precedent that Green Lantern doesn't have to be x character. Once Green Lantern and Flash did that long term, I think it was sort of like opening Pandora's Box, in a way. The same thing didn't happen in earnest with Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, or Aquaman.

BANNED

and he's perhaps considered the most replaceable character in all of comics since he shares that mantle with so many other individuals.
    Well, he's a replacement himself, in a sense. He was actually the one that set the precedent that Green Lantern doesn't have to be x character. Once Green Lantern and Flash did that long term, I think it was sort of like opening Pandora's Box, in a way. The same thing didn't happen in earnest with Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, or Aquaman. We also saw this happen when Dick Grayson stopped being Robin and someone else took up the name. Once that precedent had been set, Robins all of a sudden started coming out the wood work.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 05-25-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Hal being done with Earth makes sense in the GL Earth One universe. I love the feel of this book. The feel of cold deep space, reminds me of Alien and Aliens.

But I'm glad he's earthside again in TGL.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    strange. i am more worried than excited if this rumor has any bearing at all...

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ampaign=buffer
    This almost certainly isn't true. All the rumours seem to confirm that they'll be an expanded presence of the Green Lantern Corps in the Snyder Cut, but no Hal Jordan or any other human Lanterns. Also doubt that either Reynolds or Snyder would want him to reprise his role.

How about we make a friendly wager about this? I think it's a pretty safe bet that Hal will be one of the key characters of the HBO Max show. Both Johns and Berlanti are big Hal Jordan fans. Neither of them were pleased with how the GL movie they were both involved with got mangled by studio meddling. I think both of these guys are going to use their comparatively larger clout these days to redeem Hal Jordan from the punchline he's become.
    This seems like a fairly safe bet as long as the Green Lantern Corps movie is cancelled. If they're still planning on doing both then we could have the HBOMax show doing Jessica and Simon whilst the movie in development hell is meant to star Hal and John. But I think given the low value of the property they're not going to try to produce both a high budget movie and TV show at the same time.

I mean I think that’s the point of this show to begin with. Also weren’t you countering me last year when I said I wanted Guy and John to be the main GLs and you repeatedly told me I was “wrong” and that it would be Hal and John? What changed in that time? I think you should have more faith especially considering what others have pointed out like how Geoff Johns is the exec producer and we know it will focus on two Lanterns. But that could be Simon and Jessica for all we know. I just think it’s Hal because Hal is one of the quintessential Lanterns.

But again, it’s a complete deviation from where I was going with this topic. I’m convinced that the GL show will be bad anyway. I raised the topic because I’m curious how they will adapt the Green Lantern uniforms and if the GLs would have distinct uniforms. Because for a lot of fan art and stuff people tend to draw Hal in John’s suit or draw several GLs with the exact same uniform. So if we’re being honest I’d rather talk about the uniforms than your lack of faith in HBO putting Hal in the show
    There were rumors floating around that the HBO Max show would focus on Sinestro and Abin Sur (past) as well as Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz (present) while connecting to the DCEU Green Lantern film (focusing on Hal and John). We’ll see if that ends up being true.

Hal stars in the main GL book, and he starred in the last main GL book

Hal has been featured in almost every recent DC animated film in the past 5 or so years

A character being adapted poorly does not mean that character is disliked by the studio or the general public

He is consistently in the top 5 of IGN’s Top DC Superheroes Lists

I’m sorry but how can it be argued that DC does not have faith in this character? yeah maybe we’ve had some lame adaptations in stuff like DCSHG but the fact of the matter is they chose to adapt Hal and not any other GL character. To say DC doesn’t care about Hal is just objectively incorrect.

And how can we gloss over that Mr Retired from Comics Morrison, one of DC’s all time superstar writers, came back to DC and monthly books to write Hal Jordan. That doesn’t mean anything??

Aside from a starring role in JL, John has had barely any exposure in recent years. Not as much as Hal that’s for sure.

I think any arguments about “which GL DC hates the most” usually reflects how DC treats Green Lantern as a property to begin with
    John has also appeared in those animated films, he was the Lantern used in TT:GO to the movies, Harley Quinn and had speaking roles on YJ. Jessica got an animated film, the LEGO films and DCSHG... basically John and Jess have been getting as much exposure as Hal has...

Also IGN list doesn’t mean much, the same characters usually get the same spots over and over again.
    Last edited by Samm; 05-25-2020 at 11:11 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    There were rumors floating around that the HBO Max show would focus on Sinestro and Abin Sur (past) as well as Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz (present) while connecting to the DCEU Green Lantern film (focusing on Hal and John). We’ll see if that ends up being true.

John has also appeared in those animated films, he was the Lantern used in TT:GO to the movies, Harley Quinn and had speaking roles on YJ. Jessica got an animated film, the LEGO films and DCSHG... basically John and Jess have been getting as much exposure as Hal has...

Also IGN list doesn’t mean much, the same characters usually get the same spots over and over again.
    ok, but I still see no reason why that means we can't speculate on GL uniforms. all i'm getting from that is that we don't really know anything, so outright declarations that Hal straight up won't be in it seem a little premature

i did not know this. who did campbell want as hal jordan?