Page 91 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3484

hal parallax vs sodam yat ion

https://www.cbr.com/reasons-why-soda...rdan-parallax/

some interesting arguments on who would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What good is a battery with no ring though.
    Green Lantern powers have varied wildly in the comics, so for a tv show with no established parameters (especially for Alan Scott's battery), they can make up anything they want - the battery could generate the ring, it could empower the person without needing a ring, the new GL could just use the battery sans ring (GL is called Green Lantern after all, not Green Ring) etc... Personally, since this is just the one tv show that isn't even about GL, I wouldn't mind seeing a new and interesting take on the GL concept. We already have an HBOMax show (and maybe movie) to bring us more comics-accurate depiction of the Corps.

I mean to be fair it’s either just the Lantern gives power which is possible or Courtney just took items of power and doesn’t understand how they function. I wouldn’t be surprised if she grabbed Jay Garrick’s helmet and questioned why it didn’t give her super speed (though that does make me wonder if the speed force will get involved and if we will see a new Flash in this show).

Personally I’m just interested to see what a new Earth 2 Green Lantern will do, I mean it’s not the Corps so there’s literally no one to train him or her in the use of the lantern. I mean besides Jade, has anyone besides Alan ever used that lantern before, because I’m drawing a blank.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like Stargirl's JSA will be getting a new Green Lantern. Alan Scott is dead, and Courtney took his Lantern with the intent of recruiting a successor. .....
    Hadn't seen the episode yet, so thanks for the spoiler dump with zero warning, in a thread not even about the Stargirl show. LOL!
    And I don't mean Scott's fate, meant getting his Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What good is a battery with no ring though.
    As to the lack of ring. Haven't seen the episode yet, but if he's confirmed dead so be it, yet my understanding is even though we saw the JSA "defeated" they're not confirmed on screen dead, just being referenced as "gone", "ended", "no-more", etc.
    All which could certainly mean dead, yet also later turn out to mean they may have survived in some state, whisked away to another place/time/dimension/state, Fate, Specter, Thunderbolt anyone of those could have achieved that, so when the time comes, it may be revealed they survived to fight another day.

To the point however of the ring, either way, just cause the ring wasn't next to the battery doesn't mean anything, the ring could still be out there, waiting for the right legacy to connect with, once that person is "found/reveled/chosen" by the ring. Then they'll need to connect it to the battery, which Cortney has procured.

Just saying; why default read the absence of the ring, as a dead end? You could better be interpreting it as somewhere out there, is a ring awaiting/searching for the next contender.
    The ring will then lead them to the Battery. (just a thought)

That said I hope they are still drawing from Infinity, and it's a young Jade and Obsidian who are introduced, and they don't even need the Battery, except as a symbol to recognize or connect with their father.

The GL Corps members should be held for the GL Corps specific series.
    And that's where Hal and the Corps should show up.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-02-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Green Lantern powers have varied wildly in the comics, so for a tv show with no established parameters (especially for Alan Scott's battery), they can make up anything they want - the battery could generate the ring, it could empower the person without needing a ring, the new GL could just use the battery sans ring (GL is called Green Lantern after all, not Green Ring) etc... Personally, since this is just the one tv show that isn't even about GL, I wouldn't mind seeing a new and interesting take on the GL concept. We already have an HBOMax show (and maybe movie) to bring us more comics-accurate depiction of the Corps.
    Yeah, I'm kind of interested to see what direction they take the Golden Age GL here.

i feel i have to reclaim this thread and bring it back to hal.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/dc...most-streamed/

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

Could be a sign of, well we've already quarantine watched and re-watched everything worth watching, so now what's left.

LOL kidding, with all it's defects I actually enjoyed the movie, and would have easily welcomed a sequel.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-02-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

The article mentions this was "a bit of a goof", so this whole thing was just a joke after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Could be a sign of, well we've already quarantine watched and re-watched everything worth watching, so now what's left.

LOL kidding, with all it's defects I actually enjoyed the movie, and would have easily welcomed a sequel.
    While I don't think of it as a "good" movie, it's rewatchable now that you know what you're in for. The performances are pretty decent and if you've seen it, you can't be disappointed by rewatching it. Other films might be "better", but I wouldn't want to watch them again. Green Lantern I can drop into and just have it on.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I can tell you from my experience teaching literally hundreds of kids over the years that the 2011 GL movie is not a punchline to them. They love it. It's not a good movie, but it's got so much going on that it works like gangbusters for audiences who are looking at things with a less critical eye than adults.

I suspect that movie will end up having a small but vocal fandom in the coming years in the same way that a lot of movies do. I mean, look at Goonies. It's another not so great film beloved by those who fell in love with it before their brains had finished developing. Pop culture is so spread so much thinner these days, obviously, but the fact that YouTube clips of that movie keep getting watched over and over again says a lot.

This clip is particularly popular with my students and Hal is consistently chosen as an avatar for whenever we play a learning game. Frankly, the film plays better as a series of YouTube clips than it does as a cohesive movie.

Jeez, this clip alone has over 25 million views.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I can tell you from my experience teaching literally hundreds of kids over the years that the 2011 GL movie is not a punchline to them. They love it. It's not a good movie, but it's got so much going on that it works like gangbusters for audiences who are looking at things with a less critical eye than adults.

I suspect that movie will end up having a small but vocal fandom in the coming years in the same way that a lot of movies do. I mean, look at Goonies. It's another not so great film beloved by those who fell in love with it before their brains had finished developing. Pop culture is so spread so much thinner these days, obviously, but the fact that YouTube clips of that movie keep getting watched over and over again says a lot.

This clip is particularly popular with my students and Hal is consistently chosen as an avatar for whenever we play a learning game. Frankly, the film plays better as a series of YouTube clips than it does as a cohesive movie.
    I like Reynolds but isn't really who I envision as Hal. That said thought all the actors for the various alien GLs (Michael Clarke Duncan/Kilowag, Mark Strong/Sinestro, and Geoffrey Rush/Tomar-Re) were all pretty good casting.

Yeah, I think to some degree...while not perfect, the movie gets a bum rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I like Reynolds but isn't really who I envision as Hal. That said thought all the actors for the various alien GLs (Michael Clarke Duncan/Kilowag, Mark Strong/Sinestro, and Geoffrey Rush/Tomar-Re) were all pretty good casting.
    Who would you have wanted as Hal? I thought Reynolds did the best he could given the hostile director he was working with. I think Campbell's perferred choice of Bradley Cooper could have worked, too, but even he would have been saddled with that script, which was clearly the product of too many producers and studio executives rewriting the thing to death.

Timothy Olyphant would work best in my view, particularly for Morrison & Sharp's more laconic 60s/70s version. He's the closest to a Paul Newman-type that's out there these days.

I think Tom Cruise also would have worked just fine for the now abandoned Hal/John GLCorps film, despite my discomfort with Cruise's creepy Scientology stuff.

Dennis Quaid would have been perfect about 20 or 30 years earlier.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Who would you have wanted as Hal? I thought Reynolds did the best he could given the hostile director he was working with. I think Campbell's perferred choice of Bradley Cooper could have worked, too, but even he would have been saddled with that script, which was clearly the product of too many producers and studio executives rewriting the thing to death.

Timothy Olyphant would work best in my view, particularly for Morrison & Sharp's more laconic 60s/70s version. He's the closest to a Paul Newman-type that's out there these days.

I think Tom Cruise also would have worked just fine for the now abandoned Hal/John GLCorps film, despite my discomfort with Cruise's creepy Scientology stuff.

Dennis Quaid would have been perfect about 20 or 30 years earlier.
    Reynolds doesn't look like some guy that can start everlasting fire. He just doesn't have that light in him.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 06-03-2020 at 12:12 AM.