Page 16 of 233 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sharpe confirmed on Twitter that Season 2 got reduced from 12 issues to 8. Probably either on account of 5G or sales not being as high as DC would like. Sucks but I’m still looking forward to what’s next.
    This is a shame either way, but it is especially annoying if this 5G BS is the reason why.
    It's ruining everything it touches lol.

Mighty Member

Oh, that's so disappointing that S2 was cut to 8 issues I really hope they don't shorten it further!

The preview art looks fantastic at least. I'm really excited for what we will get of S2.

Incredible Member

I can hardly believe it. They finally get Morrison on an on-going series after all these years but won't let him finish what he wants to write? This is so stupid...

Sharpe confirmed on Twitter that Season 2 got reduced from 12 issues to 8. Probably either on account of 5G or sales not being as high as DC would like. Sucks but I’m still looking forward to what’s next.
    I personally doubt sales are related to it, since TGL has been one of their best selling non-Batman titles, besides books like the Martian Manhunter series did not get reduced despite having lower sales or titles like Hawkman are still around. Must be 5G or whatever they're planning for the near future, since I don't see other way they'd want to reduce a Grant Morrison book, let alone by 4 issues. Either way, people seem to have rather mixed reactions to this run across the board, but to cut it short like that is disappointing.

I read the Den of Geek interview where Sharp mentioned the season being shorter, but I can't find his tweet where he specifies they went from 12 to 8 issues. Perhaps he deleted it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-19-2020 at 04:27 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I'm curious about the timeline of that picture. John's look was from when he just became a Lantern. And was the woman Jessica Cruz?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm nor sure if there's a story reason for that, especially given Jessica's presence in the issue. Perhaps it was a mistake and the trade would have John in his regular costume.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-19-2020 at 04:04 AM.

that's another sad news to hear.

so after season 2... what happens next?

Incredible Member

What can we do then? I remember Tom King's Omega Men was saved from cancellation after DC saw fans' reaction. Should we start a hashtag on twitter or anything?

Well I don't really think this is a situation where fans can "do" something, it seems more like wrapping up a story in order to go on with their future plans for the franchise. If 5G is expected to age the main DC characters and Hal is supposedly slated to be featured in whatever big event they do to start that initiative, then it probably wouldn't make much sense to have an old Hal in one book and a young Hal in another when it takes place in the same continuity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well I don't really think this is a situation where fans can "do" something, it seems more like wrapping up a story in order to go on with their future plans for the franchise. If 5G is expected to age the main DC characters and Hal is supposedly slated to be featured in whatever big event they do to start that initiative, then it probably wouldn't make much sense to have an old Hal in one book and a young Hal in another when it takes place in the same continuity.

At least we tried. I just don't want to regret about "if only I did that back then" in the future. Besides, there are tons of Batman books that conflicts with each other in continuity going on all the time.
    Man I‘m really speechless under this situation. They let Venditti write 83 issues regardless of fans' relentless complaint while choosing to cut one of their best runs at present. What's going on in their brains?

It’s a shame that his run is being cut short due to, IMO, an unnecessary event (since DC already HAS 5 separate generations that are fine and dandy just the way they are for the most part)

What concerns me more is that they’re aging Hal AGAIN and more than likely phasing my 4 favourite GL’s (Hal, Guy, John and Kilowog) out for some new 5th generation character (or possibility that Teen Lantern character since she’s already part of DC’s 5th generation)

I remember that pic really got my hopes up for some reason. Cavill is a monster troll.

Incredible Member

I remember that pic really got my hopes up for some reason. Cavill is a monster troll.

If the rumor is true, Zack Snyder did cast an actor as Hal in Justice League...

I guess it's possible but I'm tired of hearing about that Snyder cut. It's a shame if Hal got screwed over, but I think in some ways he may have also dodged a bullet since most people seem to want to forget that phase of the DCEU.

Incredible Member

I guess it's possible but I'm tired of hearing about that Snyder cut.
    Me too. I don't believe the Snyder cut would be better than the current version. It must have been terrible so WB found Whedon to fix it. Besides, that rumored actor just... he's not my Hal.