Page 167 of 233 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'm picking up a few, but it was the only one I consistently looked forward to reading.

I did also just get the Deluxe Edition of Green Lantern Rebirth, and it's gorgeous. I can't believe I forgot that whole Guy Gardner Warrior Vuldarian thing.
    Pretty sure most people in-universe want to forget that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Morrison's Hal Jordan is my ideal incarnation of the character, and Sharp has proven himself again and again to be one of the best GL artists ever, up there with Gil Kane, Dave Gibbons, and Ivan Reis.

I am so glad that Morrison is hogging Hal during all the endless events DC has been cycling through, too. I am very happy that I don't need to read a lame Hal fights The Batman Who Tries Too Hard. I like the brief appearance he made last month fighting the Bizarros though...
    Yeah, that’s another reason I’ve enjoyed. Think the only reference it’s made to current DC stuff was a Doomsday Clock nod in the first issue.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-08-2020 at 05:42 AM.

Morrison's Hal Jordan is my ideal incarnation of the character, and Sharp has proven himself again and again to be one of the best GL artists ever, up there with Gil Kane, Dave Gibbons, and Ivan Reis.

I am so glad that Morrison is hogging Hal during all the endless events DC has been cycling through, too. I am very happy that I don't need to read a lame Hal fights The Batman Who Tries Too Hard. I like the brief appearance he made last month fighting the Bizarros though...
    Just the fact that Morrison don't have Hal doubting himself every couple of pages, unlike 99% of today's superhero comics, it makes this books one of the best currently going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm more of a Johns/GL:TAS Hal fan myself but I appreciate that Morrison depicts him as competent, experienced, and on the ball.
    I don't think Johns or Morrison's writing of him are that far apart, maybe more just Hal at different stages of his career/life. Though I guess we get more internal narration from Hal in Johns so we see a bit more on what's going on in his head.

This is the same guy who wrote that story in the anniversary issue where Hal felt like he needed to prove himself to Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    This is the same guy who wrote that story in the anniversary issue where Hal felt like he needed to prove himself to Batman?
    Still feel like that was trying to please Bat-fans who had sour grapes over Bruce getting his ego deflated by a brief moment.

Incredible Member

Bad news, it appears that Hal is mind-controled by Darkseid in Death Metal #4 preview.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Bad news, it appears that Hal is mind-controled by Darkseid in Death Metal #4 preview.
    Do you have a link for the preview?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    As long as he isn't mind controlled for a decade, I think I can handle it

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Still feel like that was trying to please Bat-fans who had sour grapes over Bruce getting his ego deflated by a brief moment.
    Deflated? More like walloped:

This scene STILL gives me enormous pleasure!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-09-2020 at 02:16 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Deflated? More like walloped:

This scene STILL gives me enormous pleasure!
    It's Guy's face that really makes the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Do you have a link for the preview?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    haven't really followed death metal, so i have no idea what's happening here...

and how is batgirl able to support that arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Cassandra Cain Batgirl and Kara Zor-El Supergirl? I don't remember the last time those two were ever in each other's vicinity.