Page 203 of 233 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3484
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’ve never read anything by Thorne, any recommendations? Also, love that we’re getting Raney on this book.

Incredible Member

Considering The Green Lantern will be the end of Hal's solo, I think it's time for me to drop DC. I was never a comic fan and it's Hal got me into comics. So there's no reason for me to stick DC and I will be back to play video games.
    I've spent more than 4000 dollars on comics, arts, and statues these years and this will end soon. DC lost one loyal customer today.
    I'm sure you won't see me after March of 2021.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 12-04-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’ve never read anything by Thorne, any recommendations? Also, love that we’re getting Raney on this book.
    He wrote Mosaic over at Marvel, but he’s mostly worked in animation and TV. He’s a massive comic book fan though, the BP Appreciation loves his ideas for BP. GL & Vixen in Truth and Justice will be his first DC work I think. He also posts here under the “Redjack” account so he’ll probably swing by later today, tomorrow, or next week.

Hal probably will be taking a backsit for a while, I just can't see DC having 2 GL books when they are planning to cut their line in 25%. The best we can expect, imo, is for Hal to be the Green Lantern in the JL, but I find that difficult.

But, we had 2 years of Morrison and Sharp making the BEST book on DC, and Hal was the main character. The Green Lantern may not have set the world in fire like John's run did, but I bet it will be a classic run, it's just too good.
    So, if Hal will be taking the backsit most of us expect him to take on the near future, he will go out on a hell of a note, way better than the last time DC decided to put him out of the spotlight.

I'll give most GL content a shot but yeah, if this it for a while for Hal as a solo act it's a much better note to end on than the 90s even if Season 2 has been rather hit/miss.

There are a lot of GL's to account for. I'm curious to see how DC will handle it.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He wrote Mosaic over at Marvel, but he’s mostly worked in animation and TV. He’s a massive comic book fan though, the BP Appreciation loves his ideas for BP. GL & Vixen in Truth and Justice will be his first DC work I think. He also posts here under the “Redjack” account so he’ll probably swing by later today, tomorrow, or next week.
    Good to know. I’m very excited about the Vixen book as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Hal probably will be taking a backsit for a while, I just can't see DC having 2 GL books when they are planning to cut their line in 25%. The best we can expect, imo, is for Hal to be the Green Lantern in the JL, but I find that difficult.

But, we had 2 years of Morrison and Sharp making the BEST book on DC, and Hal was the main character. The Green Lantern may not have set the world in fire like John's run did, but I bet it will be a classic run, it's just too good.
    So, if Hal will be taking the backsit most of us expect him to take on the near future, he will go out on a hell of a note, way better than the last time DC decided to put him out of the spotlight.
    I don't think so. Hal appeared as a GL nearly every six months during that ten years. He never truly left the DC Universe. And DC has been pretending Hal doesn't exist for a long time outside of TGL, including purposely left him out of all kinds of group shots. I've said this before and Bored thought I was reading too much into them. (shrug) I was the only one who caught the sign and disturbed by it. It turns out I was right.
    And one more thing, this time I don't see a group of vocal fans wanting him back. Just look at this thread.
    No matter how many good stories he has, how well-established character he is, I'm sure he will be the next Wally West, sitting at backseat and watching another character taking over his materials inside and outside comics. That happened before and will happen again.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 12-04-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Nah Hal’s going to be in the movie with John. He’s in the Injustice video games. He’s gotten an animated series and movies (although I wish he had more). Hal isn’t going anywhere, they’re just rotating again. As long as Hal isn’t killed off or retired I’m perfectly fine with the GL book focusing on one of the other GLs, Hal’s dominated the main GL book since Johns. Plus we’ll still get Hal appearances elsewhere I’d wager, the Earth One series, some Black Label or kid books.

Incredible Member

Nah Hal’s going to be in the movie with John. He’s in the Injustice video games. He’s gotten an animated series and movies (although I wish he had more). Hal isn’t going anywhere, they’re just rotating again. As long as Hal isn’t killed off or retired I’m perfectly fine with the GL book focusing on one of the other GLs, Hal’s dominated the main GL book since Johns. Plus we’ll still get Hal appearances elsewhere I’d wager, the Earth One series, some Black Label or kid books.
    See, that's what I said, I don't see a group of vocal fans wanting him back. If this is just a simple rotation, he should be given proper treatment, like, put him in Justice League or Lantern group shots.

1) The movie is still in the air and we don't know if there will be any changes.
    2) He was a lesser role in Injustice 2 comparing with the first one. So presumably he will be sidelined further if they are going to make the third game.
    3) The DCAMU has ended and we don't know what's DC's new plan.
    4) How do you know he isn't killed off in Future States?
    5) There's no proof Earth One will get a third volume.
    6) There's no plan for Hal in Black Label or kid books. DC ink/Zoom presented a Vietnam Lantern. YA promoted a black woman. And Simon was the lantern in Dear Justice.

IMO, the main GL book belongs to Hal. And I don't see why not.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 12-04-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Who’s to say he won’t be on the JL? We don’t know the lineup yet.
    1. If Johns is still involved Hal will be in it. Count on that.
    2. Uh people don’t care about the “story” in fighting games. Most are there for the MP and they’ll be playing as Hal so he’ll still be getting new fans. Plus the latest rumors were that the third game will adapt Blackest Night which would put Hal at the center.
    3. He’s still got animated movies to enjoy those aren’t going anywhere and will be on HBO Max where new people can find and enjoy them
    4. I don’t. But who cares if he is? Future State is lasting for two months and then we go back to the present. The entire Flash Family is going to be KIA but people aren’t freaking out too badly about it because it’s not lasting beyond two months
    5. It got a second one despite no one expecting it. I feel pretty confident it will get one more
    6. Not yet. We’ll see about the future.

This isn’t like when Parallux happened. That ended with Hal completely ruined and destroyed, turned into a villain. If he steps aside now he’ll do so as the star of a 20 year term as the face of the franchise where his influence rejuvenated and spread awareness of the franchise to every medium. He won’t be forgotten, ever. And he may still get a book, appearing in a GLC book for example. I won’t argue with you if you want to be angry but I’m quite satisfied with Hal’s state in the public eye and I’m willing for him to step aside for now until someone comes on board with a bold new direction for Hal.

Incredible Member

Who’s to say he won’t be on the JL? We don’t know the lineup yet.
    1. If Johns is still involved Hal will be in it. Count on that.
    2. Uh people don’t care about the “story” in fighting games. Most are there for the MP and they’ll be playing as Hal so he’ll still be getting new fans. Plus the latest rumors were that the third game will adapt Blackest Night which would put Hal at the center.
    3. He’s still got animated movies to enjoy those aren’t going anywhere and will be on HBO Max where new people can find and enjoy them
    4. I don’t. But who cares if he is? Future State is lasting for two months and then we go back to the present. The entire Flash Family is going to be KIA but people aren’t freaking out too badly about it because it’s not lasting beyond two months
    5. It got a second one despite no one expecting it. I feel pretty confident it will get one more
    6. Not yet. We’ll see about the future.

This isn’t like when Parallux happened. That ended with Hal completely ruined and destroyed, turned into a villain. If he steps aside now he’ll do so as the star of a 20 year term as the face of the franchise where his influence rejuvenated and spread awareness of the franchise to every medium. He won’t be forgotten, ever. And he may still get a book, appearing in a GLC book for example. I won’t argue with you if you want to be angry but I’m quite satisfied with Hal’s state in the public eye and I’m willing for him to step aside for now until someone comes on board with a bold new direction for Hal.
    1) Johns is involved in the HBO MAX show and Hal is not in it. Johns was also the one who moved Hal out of the main GL book and pushed Jessica and Simon hard in Rebirth. I think he cares more about commercializing his own characters than Hal now.
    2) It's only a rumor. We don't know that for sure. Plus I don't feel GL is a well-functioned character in that game... (Or it could be I'm just bad at playing him.)
    3) He's got one animated movie, or 1.5 at most. I really don't think Emerald Knights is his movie.
    4) How do you know everyone will be back for sure? How do you know something won't stay?
    5) It's good to be confident but doesn't help the situation.

It has been a long process before we reach here. First it was Robert Venditt, who diminished Hal in his run and openly said that's because he wanted John to be the corps leader. Then he watered down the supposedly Hal-centered book and made it a team book with 4 leading characters in his second run.
    Next came Scott Snyder, who shove John into Hal's role, usurped his relationships with Sinestro and Barry Allen in JL book.
    That's what I kept saying and there's always someone saying I'm oversensitive. Am I? Look what we've got here.
    If Scott Snyder can make John have Hal's villain and friend, what makes you think DC won't let him have more? Barry Allen has Wally's relationships, friends, villains, characteristics, even his girlfriend in the show, despite Wally has the greatest run and was the one hold the flash family. What makes you think Hal will be luckier than Wally?
    If you are quite satisfied with this. That's fine. You can enjoy your backseat nicely. I will be done with DC after TGL ends.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 12-04-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Just want to chime in to say that I'm a huge Hal fan, he's literally my number one favourite character in comics, but I'm happy that he's stepping down for a bit. Maybe it'll be a while, maybe not long at all but Hal has had a great run as THE Green Lantern for an entire generation. It's time to let other GLs share the spotlight, and no-one is more deserving of this next solo title than John Stewart imo. It's about damn time!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Just want to chime in to say that I'm a huge Hal fan, he's literally my number one favourite character in comics, but I'm happy that he's stepping down for a bit. Maybe it'll be a while, maybe not long at all but Hal has had a great run as THE Green Lantern for an entire generation. It's time to let other GLs share the spotlight, and no-one is more deserving of this next solo title than John Stewart imo. It's about damn time!
    Yeah, that doesn’t sound strange at all as the second post of an account.
    What’s the logic behind “I’m so happy I won’t see my favorite character for who knows how long time”?
    And Kyle Rayner is more deserving of a solo title IMO since he is the second most popular lantern among comic fans
    Last edited by HAN9000; 12-05-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

So I'm not a fan because I don't post?
    I'm happy that he's had a long run in the spotlight already; I grew up reading him in the New 52 stuff and watching the animated series, and went back to read the Johns era from the beginning! He's had some great stories told in 15-16 years since his rebirth, and I'm excited to see the main title focus on other GLs. Maybe I'm weird, I just don't mind not seeing Hal for a while as long as he's treated well on his inevitable return as the mainline Green Lantern.
    I'd love to see Kyle get some love but come on, if anyone is deserving of a solo title right now it has gotta be John seeing as he has yet to be given a solo title!