Page 90 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    What Joshua Williamson's done on Flash is only slightly better than what Robert Venditti did on Green Lantern. He has talent but I feel he writes neither a good Wally nor a good Barry...
    I'm pretty sure most of the creative part of Sam Humphries' work came from story ideas give by Geoff Johns. Humphries wrote some interesting stuff, but most of the time his writing is average. Also I don't trust him after seeing how he ruined Simon Baz.
    It was Tim Seeley who ruined Simon, not Humphries.

I agree that Humphries' writing is average, but his characterization of Jessica and Simon was good and the way he wrote their bond made his run worth reading.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    Who should be the next GL writer after Morrison?

Mark Waid could be coming back to DC and that'd be an interesting development.
    how about a season 3 of grant morrison....

and another hal title.

What Joshua Williamson's done on Flash is only slightly better than what Robert Venditti did on Green Lantern. He has talent but I feel he writes neither a good Wally nor a good Barry...
    I'm pretty sure most of the creative part of Sam Humphries' work came from story ideas give by Geoff Johns. Humphries wrote some interesting stuff, but most of the time his writing is average. Also I don't trust him after seeing how he ruined Simon Baz.
    I think he writes a good Barry and Wally, when his Barry isn't a depressing sad-sack...

Astonishing Member

Who are DC's top writers today?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Who are DC's top writers today?
    I can’t say if anyone would agree but I’d argue Williamson, Snyder, and Tynion given not only their prominence in titles but also how currently they appear to be the ones involved in the present day big events at DC.

They are all involved in some way with the Year of the Villian/Hell Arisen/Death Metal storyline and all writing big name heroes or teams who have a big impact on the DC landscape, I’m thinking Flash, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Batman, and Batman/Superman.

Personally I’d throw in Tom Taylor, however he seems to mainly write elseworld series like Injustice and DCeased. Although, I wouldn’t sleep on his Suicide Squad run as it’s really good.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-01-2020 at 09:21 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I can’t say if anyone would agree but I’d argue Williamson, Snyder, and Tynion given not only their prominence in titles but also how currently they appear to be the ones involved in the present day big events at DC.

They are all involved in some way with the Year of the Villian/Hell Arisen/Death Metal storyline and all writing big name heroes or teams who have a big impact on the DC landscape, I’m thinking Flash, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Batman, and Batman/Superman.

Personally I’d throw in Tom Taylor, however he seems to mainly write elseworld series like Injustice and DCeased. Although, I wouldn’t sleep on his Suicide Squad run as it’s really good.
    Hmmm. Anybody from Marvel might just happen to have an expiring contract soon?

Looks like Stargirl's JSA will be getting a new Green Lantern. Alan Scott is dead, and Courtney took his Lantern with the intent of recruiting a successor. He doesn't have his own thread, hence why I'm posting it here, but the article suggests it would be Simon Baz, because he's a Geoff Johns creation like Stargirl is.
    https://www.cbr.com/stargirl-new-jsa...n-thunderbolt/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like Stargirl's JSA will be getting a new Green Lantern. Alan Scott is dead, and Courtney took his Lantern with the intent of recruiting a successor. He doesn't have his own thread, hence why I'm posting it here, but the article suggests it would be Simon Baz, because he's a Geoff Johns creation like Stargirl is.
    Wouldn’t the same be of Jessica Cruz? Honestly I’m interested to see what is going to happen with Alan’s Lantern. I honestly expected Jade or Obsidian to appear as the lost children of Alan, but I guess it is interesting to see basically John’s original Earth 2 Green Lantern for this show.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

What good is a battery with no ring though.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What good is a battery with no ring though.
    Wasn’t it Alan’s Battery that was powered, which in turn created the ring? I mean he’s become more powerful by absorbing the lantern.
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    It was Tim Seeley who ruined Simon, not Humphries.

I agree that Humphries' writing is average, but his characterization of Jessica and Simon was good and the way he wrote their bond made his run worth reading.
    Simon Baz was either a useless jerk or a cheerleader for Jessica most of the time in Humphries' run. Humphries only used him and their friendship to foil Jessica. Simon had neither his own character arc nor any shining moments. All he did was play Jessica's BFF.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 06-01-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I prefer Alan Scott himself. This makes me a little upset honestly... I really want to see the original JSA and considering Geoff Johns' writing experience, I thought we could have more living elder statesmen of the JSA.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Looks awesome. I love seeing Hal go Super Saiyan.

I prefer Alan Scott himself. This makes me a little upset honestly... I really want to see the original JSA and considering Geoff Johns' writing experience, I thought we could have more living elder statesmen of the JSA.

Agreed. I think the first 10 minutes of that pilot was my favorite Super Hero TV show yet. The rest of the first 2 eps are ok.... but that opening with the real JSA in major battle royal was AMAZING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wasn’t it Alan’s Battery that was powered, which in turn created the ring? I mean he’s become more powerful by absorbing the lantern.
    yep... Kind of. The lantern told Alan to fashion a ring out of the metal of the Lantern, so i guess there's no reason someone couldn't do it again....