Page 112 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3484

Wonder if the inconsistency of S2 could be related to reducing it and then making it 12 issues again. Perhaps Morrison had mapped out the 8 issues after he was told it wasn't going to be 12 like S1, and then when it was going to be a full season again decided to write a few filler-like stories to make it a full season. That's what the TV format often does, which Morrison has often compared the series to. I will say though that in terms of presentation S2 has been even more ambitious and experimental than S1. I can see why to some people it comes off as self-indulgent though. It's still nice that DC pretty much lets Morrison and Sharp do whatever they like.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wonder if the inconsistency of S2 could be related to reducing it and then making it 12 issues again. Perhaps Morrison had mapped out the 8 issues after he was told it wasn't going to be 12 like S1, and then when it was going to be a full season again decided to write a few filler-like stories to make it a full season. That's what the TV format often does, which Morrison has often compared the series to. I will say though that in terms of presentation S2 has been even more ambitious and experimental than S1. I can see why to some people it comes off as self-indulgent though. It's still nice that DC pretty much lets Morrison and Sharp do whatever they like.
    Yup, it's likely. S2 feels very disjointed in terms of the flow of the overall story.

Astonishing Member

Seems strange for Hal to be partnered with Cyborg. Green Arrow might have been better. (But then agan, Barry was partnered with Plastic Man, instead of Elongated Man.)

Honestly, I can't remember the last time Hal and Vic were within 6 feet of each other anyway... (they were both in "Darkseid War", but even then maybe not)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Honestly, I can't remember the last time Hal and Vic were within 6 feet of each other anyway... (they were both in "Darkseid War", but even then maybe not)
    It was Dark Nights Metal wasn’t it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It was Dark Nights Metal wasn’t it.
    Well, they were in that giant robot together .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think the ad eould still have worked if Cyborg was paired with Shazam.

And Hal was paired up with Flash, or Green Arrow. Or maybe Jessica.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they were in that giant robot together .
    Yeah, Hal was the balls of JLA Voltron. Very nice touch that

I think Vic was the arm.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Metal was pretty goofy good fun when it wanted to be. Hopefully, Death Metal will be more of this kind of stuff and less of "Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman!" stuff that Snyder too often gets mired in.

I mean, I ain't sticking my nose up at goofy stuff like evil Robot Dinosaur Batman, but I want to see other parts of the DCU get as much love.

Metal was fun overall. Death Metal can go either way, but so far, other than Capullo's art, I'm not particularly enamored with it.

Even the villains are self-aware about the replaceable/expendable nature of the Green Lanterns.

Even the villains are self-aware about the replaceable/expendable nature of the Green Lanterns.

i guess that was the ring that hal forged from his will. wonder if that still plays into grant's story.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i guess that was the ring that hal forged from his will. wonder if that still plays into grant's story.
    and cbr also has an article about hal's ring...

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-ha...ring-murdered/

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I'm pretty sure Venditti's the only one who ever thinks about Hal forging his own ring. Morrison had the story of Hal going inside his ring and it was made to seem as though it was Abin Sur's former ring. (even though that makes no sense at this point) Also, nobody has ever drawn Hal's ring as his new EVS designed "Hal forged" ring (other than EVS) - they always go with the more classic design.