Page 102 of 233 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3484
    Spectacular Member

Talking about Hal running low in juice for the 80th Anniversary story I get how it can be tiresome but wow when you read the story and see what it is setting up, that’s all it becomes is just a plot device. I really enjoyed the 80th as I got to read it early for my review. I’m really interested in what people are going to say about the Alan Scott story. The Denny O’Neil story was beautiful and hits harder now that he has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    like green arrow, i've been wondering how hal and barry's friendship started.

anybody know the history of it?
    I assume it started from a Silver Age team-up and went from there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops1983 View Post
    Talking about Hal running low in juice for the 80th Anniversary story I get how it can be tiresome but wow when you read the story and see what it is setting up, that’s all it becomes is just a plot device. I really enjoyed the 80th as I got to read it early for my review. I’m really interested in what people are going to say about the Alan Scott story. The Denny O’Neil story was beautiful and hits harder now that he has passed.
    Ok. That gives.me hope. I was afraid Hal would be treated as careless again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume it started from a Silver Age team-up and went from there.
    did all (or most) of the friendships start in the satellite era? like hal and barry? barry and ralph? carter and ray? hal and oliver?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    like green arrow, i've been wondering how hal and barry's friendship started.

anybody know the history of it?
    First team up and meeting of Hal and Barry were in GL 13.
    A pretty good story actually.

679441.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

679441.jpg
    Featuring the famous big-headed Flash cover .

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

679441.jpg
    well, that's one way to deal with super speed...

Okay I read the 80th Anniversary issue and my first thought is Hal's conversation with Bruce really should have been with Alan instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bito Wladon View Post
    Okay I read the 80th Anniversary issue and my first thought is Hal's conversation with Bruce really should have been with Alan instead.
    Hal apologizing to Batman may come as odd for the character, but I think it’s in line with Geoff Johns’ run, so I was fine with it and it is one of the stories I liked the most in this special. I didn’t get the commemorative feel other anniversary issues gave me, such as the commemoration of Robin and AC & Tec #1000. Most stories were “meh”, but I LOVED the short story by Dennis O’Neil and Mike Grell, which was the one I was looking forward for. I really should read again Green Lantern/Green Arrow by O’Neil and Adams and I might threw in Grell’s Longbow Hunters while I’m at it
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

The one part I didn't like about that story was Hal telling Bruce that without him he'd probably still be Parallax. What did Bruce ever contribute to Hal getting rid of Parallax when he was the one who doubted him the most. Bruce was certain that Hal had gone rogue again for the entirety of the GL Rebirth story, even in the end he didn't seem too happy to see Hal back and it wasn't until later on when they made up. I get DC writers always putting Batman on a pedestal and I get the comedic element Johns was going for when the League was going to get a good laugh at Hal in the end for pouring his soul to Batman, but there's no need to rewrite the story just to prop Batman. He's the last guy who needs it. lol

Last edited by Johnny; 06-23-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Thought the two Hal-centered stories were pretty good. Liked that Carol was the "final" message in Last Will.

The Batman thing came off Johns throwing a bone to the Batman fans who still have sour grapes over Hal decking Bruce back in Rebirth.