Page 195 of 233 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3484
    Astonishing Member

https://www.cbr.com/death-metal-gree...-arrow-battle/

Did not know Hal was in a Death Metal title.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/death-metal-gree...-arrow-battle/

Did not know Hal was in a Death Metal title.
    I'm really tired of these portrayals of Hal as some authoritarian stooge. First in Injustice, now this. Even in the original GL/GA run, he was naive sometimes but had a very strong sense of right and wrong and didn't hesitate to go against authority figures.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    I'm really tired of these portrayals of Hal as some authoritarian stooge. First in Injustice, now this. Even in the original GL/GA run, he was naive sometimes but had a very strong sense of right and wrong and didn't hesitate to go against authority figures.
    And he hasn't really been written that way in the comics in years.

Arrow

In all fairness, Hal isn't the only one (not be far) acting OOC in Injustice (first the games then the comics).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Especially given how his whole thing with Sinestro began.

But yeah, this stuff where Hal gets made an authoritarian apologist/stooge so Arrow can get his ego stroked really turns me off Ollie sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And he hasn't really been written that way in the comics in years.
    Yeah, it seems like writers have very selective memory when it comes to Hal.

RCO021_1580293059.jpg

To be fair that’s a Hal created by the BWLs, so just headcanon it as LMAOman getting his revenge on Hal for punching him in the face after all these years by making a version of Hal that’s a total betrayal of who he is
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Especially given how his whole thing with Sinestro began.

But yeah, this stuff where Hal gets made an authoritarian apologist/stooge so Arrow can get his ego stroked really turns me off Ollie sometimes.
    I will admit it’s getting old to see Ollie rant about how Hal and the other Leaguers are oppressing the little guy between bites of his avocado sandwich in his penthouse apartment. Shut up Ollie you hypocrite, you and Bruce are the “man” you keep ranting about, yet you always love to stick with your billionaire buddies when push comes to shove.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I will admit it’s getting old to see Ollie rant about how Hal and the other Leaguers are oppressing the little guy between bites of his avocado sandwich in his penthouse apartment. Shut up Ollie you hypocrite, you and Bruce are the “man” you keep ranting about, yet you always love to stick with your billionaire buddies when push comes to shove.
    Although he actually had a very justifiable grudge against the League if you take what happened at the end of his last series at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although he actually had a very justifiable grudge against the League if you take what happened at the end of his last series at face value.
    Man I remember all the speculation about what was in the box, and it seriously ended up being a big ol’ nothing burger huh? (I’m assuming you’re referring to the League giving him that box meant to take them out if they got out of line).

Man I remember all the speculation about what was in the box, and it seriously ended up being a big ol’ nothing burger huh? (I’m assuming you’re referring to the League giving him that box meant to take them out if they got out of line).
    It's...not exactly clear.

Green Arrow's entire life and standing gets blown up in smokes because he won't give the government the box, but then when he opens it, there's nothing in it. Then he drops the box and rages at the heaven, only for the last few panels showing the box blinking as if there might've been something in it that Ollie didn't unlock or needed to wait a minute for.

Incredible Member

It's sad that as a GA fan, the writer Saladin Ahmed can't see Hal as a lifelong friend who would devote his life for Ollie but a political opponent figure.
    I would prefer a story about them handing out or standing up against authority together.

Didn't the article say that Hal was essentially being mind-controlled by the Guardians through his ring? Sounded like how the Lanterns were affected by Parallax in "GL:Rebirth."

To be fair that’s a Hal created by the BWLs, so just headcanon it as LMAOman getting his revenge on Hal for punching him in the face after all these years by making a version of Hal that’s a total betrayal of who he is

Yeah, why I've always had to cock an eyebrow at those stores where Batman or GA get held up as some resistance leader like Injustice or when people say how "relatable" they are.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-24-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Didn't the article say that Hal was essentially being mind-controlled by the Guardians through his ring? Sounded like how the Lanterns were affected by Parallax in "GL:Rebirth."
    I'm not following the stories that closely, but is this even the real Hal and Ollie?

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    It's sad that as a GA fan, the writer Saladin Ahmed can't see Hal as a lifelong friend who would devote his life for Ollie but a political opponent figure.
    I would prefer a story about them handing out or standing up against authority together.
    Same. (10 chars)