Page 163 of 233 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I just ordered the Absolute Edition and will be giving the Deluxe Edition to my nephew. Fantastic book.
    Yep, one of the first DC comics I read and made Hal my favorite GL.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Exactly. I know GL fandom is kinda split, but I think there are plenty of non-Hal fans who like the GL concept and I hope they would understand that even if Hal leads the way (as he did in the comics) and finds success, it only opens the door for all the other GLs.
    Nope! We are long past that thinking. John fans are tired of that mentality (20+ years of it now), Kyle fans are just as frustrated (was the Star now he isn’t), and now there’s Jessica, who has a vocal fan base now too.

But it’s DC’s fault! The GL franchise is incredibly fractured and a war zone... curious to see how DC moves forward with it

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Nope! We are long past that thinking. John fans are tired of that mentality (20+ years of it now), Kyle fans are just as frustrated (was the Star now he isn’t), and now there’s Jessica, who has a vocal fan base now too.

But it’s DC’s fault! The GL franchise is incredibly fractured and a war zone... curious to see how DC moves forward with it
    They should use all of them.

Instead of a solo series with just one GL, or one with all of them, DC could go with a rotating cast. They could do 3 or 4 issues arcs with each Green Lantern, make it come out twice a month. Two months with Hal, followed by two of Guy, next 2 of John, 2 of Kyle, etc.

The HBO Max show should do the same. Let's say is a 10 episodes season:

Episode 1: Alan Scott part.1
    Episode 2: Alan Scott part.2
    Episode 3: Hal Jordan part.1
    Episode 4: Hal Jordan part.2
    Episode 5: Guy Gardner part.1
    Episode 6: Guy Gardner part.2
    Episode 7: John Stewart part.1
    Episode 8: John Stewart part.2
    Episode 9: Kyle Rayner part.1
    Episode 10: Kyle Rayner part.2

Just make sure of changing Kyle's origin so it isn't based on Hal going crazy killer mode.

Season 2 they could start with Jessica, or make a 12 episode season.

But I doubt they will do it, probably they will go with a white guy and some minority lantern, if the rumors about the show telling the origin story of 2 different GLs separated by years, it will probably be a white dude followed by a a POC rookie, so it will probably be Alan or Hal and John or Jessica.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 10-04-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Instead of a solo series with just one GL, or one with all of them, DC could go with a rotating cast. They could do 3 or 4 issues arcs with each Green Lantern, make it come out twice a month. Two months with Hal, followed by two of Guy, next 2 of John, 2 of Kyle, etc.

The HBO Max show should do the same. Let's say is a 10 episodes season:

Episode 1: Alan Scott part.1
    Episode 2: Alan Scott part.2
    Episode 3: Hal Jordan part.1
    Episode 4: Hal Jordan part.2
    Episode 5: Guy Gardner part.1
    Episode 6: Guy Gardner part.2
    Episode 7: John Stewart part.1
    Episode 8: John Stewart part.2
    Episode 9: Kyle Rayner part.1
    Episode 10: Kyle Rayner part.2

Just make sure of changing Kyle's origin so it isn't based on Hal going crazy killer mode.

Season 2 they could start with Jessica, or make a 12 episode season.

But I doubt they will do it, probably they will go with a white guy and some minority lantern, if the rumors about the show telling the origin story of 2 different GLs separated by years, it will probably be a white dude followed by a a POC rookie, so it will probably be Alan or Hal and John or Jessica.
    Why all the characters should be treated as equal despite their populatiry disparity?

Incredible Member

Just a kindly reminder, the only two times John got his own series(Mosaic and Green Lantern Corps) were when Hal sold very well. And when Kyle was the star, John was paralyzed and Guy was an alien.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Just a kindly reminder, the only two times John got his own series(Mosaic and Green Lantern Corps) were when Hal sold very well. And when Kyle was the star, John was paralyzed and Guy was an alien.
    As a John fan, I don’t want him in Hal’s shadow anymore. I’m done with that. If DC wants to do that again and make John’s success reliant on Hal again then they should just kill him off and retire him. Also a Jessica fan but her thing is different as she fills the female counterpart niche.

One thing is for sure, there’s too many Lanterns and DC has no idea what to do with them

Don't really see the point of another "My favorite lantern vs. Your favorite lantern" argument.

Incredible Member

As a John fan, I don’t want him in Hal’s shadow anymore. I’m done with that. If DC wants to do that again and make John’s success reliant on Hal again then they should just kill him off and retire him. Also a Jessica fan but her thing is different as she fills the female counterpart niche.

One thing is for sure, there’s too many Lanterns and DC has no idea what to do with them
    What do you mean by ”in Hal’s shadow”? John is a Green Lantern. He was created to be Hal’s substitution. The Green Lantern franchise and the GL corps were built as Hal was born. If you think not being the most prominent character is mistreatment of John. I’m sorry. Why do you think Hal, who has the longest run and best stories, who is the reason other GLs exist, who’s made the GL franchise grow and thrive, should be a secondary character?

Ultimate Member

Actually the 90s Green Lantern comic did that. That eventually lead to Green Lantern Mosaic and Guy's book. With Hal on the main one.

I hope they would understand that even if Hal leads the way (as he did in the comics) and finds success, it only opens the door for all the other GLs.
    But why should it be like that? In reality you are trying to force Kyle, John, Jo or whoever else fans to buy a Hal book. When MANY don't want to. Who already understand if the shoe was on the other foot- most Hal fans would not touch their books ESPECIALLY a John one.

So as a result fans walk away. Because there are too many other choices without the drama.

Hal fans want to yell at John fans for not supporting Hal Jordan & TGLC-when they were TOLD by the artist that was Hal's book and he is the only GL that matters. That yelling should have been at DC editorial.

How many times do folks have scream at a brick wall to say "USE ALL OF THEM?"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But why should it be like that? In reality you are trying to force Kyle, John, Jo or whoever else fans to buy a Hal book. When MANY don't want to. Who already understand if the shoe was on the other foot- most Hal fans would not touch their books ESPECIALLY a John one.

So as a result fans walk away. Because there are too many other choices without the drama.

Hal fans want to yell at John fans for not supporting Hal Jordan & TGLC-when they were TOLD by the artist that was Hal's book and he is the only GL that matters. That yelling should have been at DC editorial.

How many times do folks have scream at a brick wall to say "USE ALL OF THEM?"
    Would you please not embarrassing yourself by repeating this hooey again and again that HJGLC was Hal’s book? Even if it was in editorial plans, the writer diluted Hal harshly and made it into a team book with four leading characters, and complete garbage. Venditti said many times how he tried hard to balance the four characters’ plots. It was not a Hal’s book and it was totally cheating to say so.
    Nobody yelled at John’s fans to buy the book. It’s just you imagining things. I want the book to be unsalable, so that it could end, be cancelled, as it should be, as what it got. I’m more than satisfied with The Green Lantern Morrison and Sharp present now.

What do you mean by ”in Hal’s shadow”? John is a Green Lantern. He was created to be Hal’s substitution. The Green Lantern franchise and the GL corps were built as Hal was born. If you think not being the most prominent character is mistreatment of John. I’m sorry. Why do you think Hal, who has the longest run and best stories, who is the reason other GLs exist, who’s made the GL franchise grow and thrive, should be a secondary character?
    Because I’m not a fan of Hal. Everyone has their favorites and their biases. I have mine and I’ve clearly chosen my side. John is my favorite, followed by Jessica with Kyle being a cool addition as well.

If DC wants to just focus on Hal, like they did for the past 20+ years, fine whatever, I don’t care. But don’t drag John (and Jessica now) along just for diversity points (look at us we have diverse characters too) like they been doing until recently. Just retire them! It’s better that way

Why all the characters should be treated as equal despite their populatiry disparity?
    In the case of the tv show, none of those characters are popular enough among the general audience to deserve special treatment, so it would be smart, imo, to give them all a spotlight and open the doors to more storytelling possibilities.

On the comics, I just think it would be good if fans of all earth lanterns get something with their favorites, and if DC went with different creative teams for each GL, they should give each creators the same space to tell their stories, so if the Hal team got a 4 issues arc, the Guy team should also got the same number.

Incredible Member

Because IÂ’m not a fan of Hal. Everyone has their favorites and their biases. I have mine and IÂ’ve clearly chosen my side. John is my favorite, followed by Jessica with Kyle being a cool addition as well.

If DC wants to just focus on Hal, like they did for the past 20+ years, fine whatever, I donÂ’t care. But donÂ’t drag John (and Jessica now) along just for diversity points (look at us we have diverse characters too) like they been doing until recently. Just retire them! ItÂ’s better that way
    Just curious, do you like John because who he is or because of the projection you make into him? As I can see he is never a well-established character. Jessica was only created 6 years ago and already has more growth than John ever had in 40 years. Yet no writer or his fan ever considered exploring his characteristics is vital to him. Instead they are just yelling “John should be the top dog no matter what”.

Incredible Member

In the case of the tv show, none of those characters are popular enough among the general audience to deserve special treatment, so it would be smart, imo, to give them all a spotlight and open the doors to more storytelling possibilities.

On the comics, I just think it would be good if fans of all earth lanterns get something with their favorites, and if DC went with different creative teams for each GL, they should give each creators the same space to tell their stories, so if the Hal team got a 4 issues arc, the Guy team should also got the same number.
    Ah yeah, tell DC that Duke Thomas should have the same number of issues as Batman. What about alien lanterns? They deserve the same, too.

In the case of tv shows, that not how storytelling works. You canÂ’t use scattered stories to attract enough audience to sustain the show. Unless you think Emerald Knights is a good animation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Don't really see the point of another "My favorite lantern vs. Your favorite lantern" argument.
    I don't think its possible to avoid it now. You have a generation that grew up watching John Stewart on the JLA cartoon, and you have an 8 year run of Kyle as GL, and as consequence, you have a I hate Hal brigade because they resent having their favourite GL in the shadows.

This is the problem with duplicate heroes, it pits fan against fan, and breeds toxicity.