Page 83 of 233 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3484
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if the 3rd message is to Sinestro? lol Outside of the GLC, he doesn't send messages to Carol or his family or his closest friends, but to Batman and Sinestro. That probably wouldn't sit well with many people.
    I think the point here is whether Hal has something to say to that person but has never got the chance to speak out. Hal certainly has many close friends and they keep no secrets from each other. But to Batman or Sinestro, that’s another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    Anyone knows why is Morrison not writing something for the special?
    would have been nice to read more of grant's take on hal and hal's ring...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    IMO, with those textures and weird eyes, Hal looks like a monster here. (and I'm not talking about Cruise) And really... white boots??

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I think the point here is whether Hal has something to say to that person but has never got the chance to speak out. Hal certainly has many close friends and they keep no secrets from each other. But to Batman or Sinestro, that’s another thing.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    IMO, with those textures and weird eyes, Hal looks like a monster here. (and I'm not talking about Cruise) And really... white boots??
    Yeah, the white boots kind of clash with the overall aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

This seems like a good mix of stories and GL's in my opinion.
    The main seven all have stories, and Jo, Keli and Tai all have pin-ups. Seems mostly fair except that Hal got two pin-ups and John and Alan don't get one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

this looks really familiar. is this a remake of an old cover?

By Vasco Georgiev.

Kind of odd that he chose Sam over Richard, but a great piece nonetheless.

By Vasco Georgiev.

Kind of odd that he chose Sam over Richard, but a great piece nonetheless.
    I think Hal would be a good mentor for Sam. We don't see that as often with him as I'd like.

Richard and Sam don't interact much, outside of the last Nova solo book, yeah. Currently, Rich is with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and he doesn't even know if Sam is still active - Sam had been incommunicado for a while because Commander Scott Adsit confiscated his helmet. He recently retrieved it after it was stolen from Adsit. Rich doesn't know that yet. I'd certainly like to see Rich find out about Outlawed and Sam's current status. He has experience of it, having been off world in Civil War and come home to find himself outlawed because wasn't registered under a new law.

If GL and Nova were in the same universe though, it's probably John who would end up as the mentor to Sam. Hal's too much of a maverick, whereas John, like Rich, is a leader - they both once led their respective Corps.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I hope the HBO version of Hal doesn’t look like this. I mean the gloves and boots are totally wrong to start, and not enough of him is green. It makes me wonder, will HBO sacrifice some of the definitive aspects of certain characters’ designs to make them look more “real?” Will Green Lanterns have distinct uniforms for example? If Hal’s looks like this (basically John’s) , what would John’s look like? This is all just speculation btw

I get it's all speculation, but I find the fact that there's people who still entertain the idea of Hal being on that show to be rather surprising. Judging by their treatment of him, WB clearly sees the character as box office poison. You see how they treat him even in animation now, killing him off in three second flashback scenes, giving him the most unflattering portrayal that any of the male characters get on DCSHG, shafting him from all the covers and promotional materials in their animated movies, running with the Ryan Reynolds jokes and even posting memes of offering him his ring back on twitter, he's not even the featured Green Lantern in the Harley Quinn show despite that Sinestro is there, so to think they could possibly make Hal Jordan a main character on the HBO show sounds way too unrealistic to even speculate about. What in my opinion is not unrealistic to speculate about is the only way they could use him in outside media from now on, provided he's not shafted in everything, is by making him old or turning him into Parallax in order to prop other Lanterns. Currently I see no reason to think WB sees any value in this character other than that and the usual mockery.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-25-2020 at 03:08 AM.

strange. i am more worried than excited if this rumor has any bearing at all...

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ampaign=buffer

I get it's all speculation, but I find the fact that there's people who still entertain the idea of Hal being on that show to be rather surprising. Judging by their treatment of him, WB clearly sees the character as box office poison. You see how they treat him even in animation now, killing him off in three second flashback scenes, giving him the most unflattering portrayal that any of the male characters get on DCSHG, shafting him from all the covers and promotional materials in their animated movies, running with the Ryan Reynolds jokes and even posting memes of offering him his ring back on twitter, he's not even the featured Green Lantern in the Harley Quinn show despite that Sinestro is there, so to think they could possibly make Hal Jordan a main character on the HBO show sounds way too unrealistic to even speculate about. What in my opinion is not unrealistic to speculate about is the only way they could use him in outside media from now on, provided he's not shafted in everything, is by making him old or turning him into Parallax in order to prop other Lanterns. Currently I see no reason to think WB sees any value in this character other than that and the usual mockery.
    Have you not seen their take on Robin?

Honestly, the fact that Johns is running it, Sinestro has been confirmed, and that there will be two lead Lanterns for different time periods gives me a strong indication that Hal is going to be the lead.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

How about we make a friendly wager about this? I think it's a pretty safe bet that Hal will be one of the key characters of the HBO Max show. Both Johns and Berlanti are big Hal Jordan fans. Neither of them were pleased with how the GL movie they were both involved with got mangled by studio meddling. I think both of these guys are going to use their comparatively larger clout these days to redeem Hal Jordan from the punchline he's become.