Page 205 of 233 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Well you don’t need to worry about him ruining Hal then because he flat out says he never wants to use him lol. He’s going to focus entirely on John. Keep your fingers crossed that Hal will get another book or be part of a team one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well you don’t need to worry about him ruining Hal then because he flat out says he never wants to use him lol. He’s going to focus entirely on John. Keep your fingers crossed that Hal will get another book or be part of a team one.
    As a freelance writer I can tell you there’re thousands of ways to ruin a character without a true appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    As a freelance writer I can tell you there’re thousands of ways to ruin a character without a true appearance.
    True. He can undermine Hal all he wants by what he has John or the others say about Hal if he decides to use them as his surrogates. But let's hope he has enough professionalism to not do that in print and just focus on promoting the Lanterns he likes rather than tear down the ones he doesn't.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    True. He can undermine Hal all he wants by what he has John or the others say about Hal if he decides to use them as his surrogates. But let's hope he has enough professionalism to not do that in print and just focus on promoting the Lanterns he likes rather than tear down the ones he doesn't.
    At worst he'll probably just discredit Hal's achievements in the mythos just to prop up his fave lol

I mean, I'm not going to begrudge Thorne for his character preferences and I trust he's enough of a professional to not overtly do anything disrespectful to a character he doesn't even want to bother with, even if I heavily disagree with his opinions on Hal.

The last thing the franchise needs is more fuel on the fire of the GL character wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I'm not going to begrudge Thorne for his character preferences and I trust he's enough of a professional to not overtly do anything disrespectful to a character he doesn't even want to bother with, even if I heavily disagree with his opinions on Hal.

The last thing the franchise needs is more fuel on the fire of the GL character wars.
    He's certainly entitled to his opinions on the characters, but his broadcasting of them on social media is the Molotov cocktail no one needed.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

This is Rumor Control. Here are the Facts.

There is a MASSIVE difference between speaking as a fan to other fans and working as a professional writer in a professional context.

I do not take jobs to "**** on fans."

I do not have vendettas against fictional characters.

I'm not allowed to say what the focus of the book will be for legal and ethical reasons but I can assure you, unequivocally, when and if Hal appears, he will be the Hal Jordan that has been established and will behave the way DC Comics would like him to be portrayed. I do not diminish one character in order to elevate another and, in fact, if we're going through my tweets, you'd find several saying how much I hate when that is done. It's an example of poor writing.

When I'm a fan, I speak as a fan. When I sit down to write, that stops.

I do not subscribe to the tribalism and angry fist-shaking that seems to be the rule with many current fans. EVERY Lantern has fans who think they should be THE Lantern. Neither I nor DC comics have any intention of shitting on them.

I have between 30 and 50 thousands comics, dating back to the 1940s. I love comics. LOVE.

I'm here to tell great stories, as is the rest of this team. We are excited as HELL about what's coming.

For a lot of you I'm an unknown commodity but, being unknown, you shouldn't automatically expect trouble any more than you should automatically expect greatness.

We have an epic yarn to tell with a LOT of great things coming that haven't even been hinted at, much less announced.

Creators sign NDAs, meaning we are actually not allowed to refute rumors and fear-mongering with specific facts. Meaning, until the books actually drop, people who don't know what they're talking about get to dominate the field.

Here is a fact: Only about five people on this planet know what's coming and none of them are in the fan press. None.

What won't happen:

I will not debate story points here or anywhere else.
    I will not debate any aspect of past, current or future GL stories, here or anywhere else.
    I will never give spoilers, here or anywhere else.
    I will never **** on the work of the other creators who've driven the story of the Lanterns. EVERY one of them has done something amazing that is loved by some segment of the Lantern fandom.

I will not in any way tarnish the legacy of the Green Lantern Corps because that is neither my job nor my intent.

What will happen:

I will tell the story I came to tell.

Epic stories. Amazing art. Life and death. New faces. Old faces. New species. Old species and I hope, a lot of scifi fun.

Anyone who thinks I have any intention of shitting on Hal Jordan can sit down and be still. Because that is a straight-up lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

There is a MASSIVE difference between speaking as a fan to other fans and working as a professional writer in a professional context.

I'm not allowed to say what the focus of the book will be for legal and ethical reasons but I can assure you, unequivocally, when and if Hal appears, he will be the Hal Jordan that has been established and will behave the way DC Comics would like him to be portrayed. I do not diminish one character in order to elevate another and, in fact, if we're going through my tweets, you'd find several saying how much I hate when that is done. It's an example of poor writing.

I do not subscribe to the tribalism and angry fist-shaking that seems to be the rule with many current fans. EVERY Lantern has fans who think they should be THE Lantern. Neither I nor DC comics have any intention of shitting on them.

I have between 30 and 50 thousands comics, dating back to the 1940s. I love comics. LOVE.

I'm here to tell great stories, as is the rest of this team. We are excited as HELL about what's coming.

For a lot of you I'm an unknown commodity but, being unknown, you shouldn't automatically expect trouble any more than you should automatically expect greatness.

We have an epic yarn to tell with a LOT of great things coming that haven't even been hinted at, much less announced.

Creators sign NDAs, meaning we are actually not allowed to refute rumors and fear-mongering with specific facts. Meaning, until the books actually drop, people who don't know what they're talking about get to dominate the field.

Here is a fact: Only about five people on this planet know what's coming and none of them are in the fan press. None.

What won't happen:

I will not debate any aspect of past, current or future GL stories, here or anywhere else.
    I will never **** on the work of the other creators who've driven the story of the Lanterns. EVERY one of them has done something amazing that is loved by some segment of the Lantern fandom.

I will not in any way tarnish the legacy of the Green Lantern Corps because that is neither my job nor my intent.

Here's what will happen:

Epic stories. Amazing art. Life and death. New faces. Old faces. New species. Old species and I hope, a lot of scifi fun.

Anyone who thinks I have any intention of shitting on Hal Jordan can sit down and be still. Because that is a straight-up lie.
    Thank you .

What won't happen:

What will happen:

Thank you for sharing that. But I hope you understand that your public comments, even when as a fan, are the only thing all but five people on the planet have to go on. As incendiary as they read the reactions of the fanbase are not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    Thank you for sharing that. But I hope you understand that your public comments, even when as a fan, are the only thing all but five people on the planet have to go on. As incendiary as they read the reactions of the fanbase are not surprising.
    People have opinions. Not all opinions are the same. That's life and it's fine. Like I said, there's a massive difference between fans debating and pros telling stories. I do this for a living.

Some people won't like what I write. Some will love it. We hope to have more of the latter. That's the deal we all signed up for. You can look for reasons to be upset in advance or you can wait until the thing actually arrives and make your assessment when you actually have something to assess.

your call.

What we plan to do is tell some awesome stories. Hope you'll take a look.

People have opinions. Not all opinions are the same. That's life and it's fine. Like I said, there's a massive difference between fans debating and pros telling stories. I do this for a living.

Some people won't like what I write. Some will love it. We hope to have more of the latter. That's the deal we all signed up for. You can look for reasons to be upset in advance or you can wait until the thing actually arrives and make your assessment when you actually have something to assess.

your call.

I always give anything GL a chance. BTW, when you can talk about this I hope you'd consider coming on my podcast. I've had a number of creators on in the past including Dan Jurgens, Robert Venditti, Liam Sharp and the producers of the Green Lantern animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    I always give anything GL a chance. BTW, when you can talk about this I hope you'd consider coming on my podcast. I've had a number of creators on in the past including Dan Jurgens, Robert Venditti, Liam Sharp and the producers of the Green Lantern animated series.
    consider it a date.

Spectacular Member

your call.

Well you're in charge of GL now, If you think Hal is as interesting as cardboard then it's up to you to fix him.

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    Well you're in charge of GL now, If you think Hal is as interesting as cardboard then it's up to you to fix him.
    that is not actually my job.

also, just wait until the book arrives. you're looking for trouble where none exists.

Hal will be absolutely fine.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

What won't happen:

What will happen:

Thank you! I was, admittedly, a little nervous when reading through your thoughts on Hal as a fan but I'm really excited to see what you have in store for us.