Page 128 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Unfortunately either Hal needs to stop hanging out in space so much or Alan Scott needs to go more cosmic.
    Hm, now I want to see a 21st century teamup of them going to what would become the 31st century's Sorcerer's World. Maybe fight Mordru...?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    My preference is it was a freak accident, and not any outside influence caused the death of Martin Jordan. Still, it works in-story for some to believe sabotage was involved.

The more I think about it.....did Martin have life insurance?

If I was a rival of Carl Ferris, I would have sent an ambulance chaser to the Jordan home pronto.

The Jordan family could have/should have received some compensation, but too much that might undermine their (I'm assuming) working class status.

I recall that Dick Grayson received compensation following the deaths of his parents (and Lucius Fox turned it to a small fortune). I'm not sure if that is still in continuity.

Clearly, I'm putting too much thought in this.

I'd rather Hal not have some dark conspirator messing with his life before getting the ring.
    i can't remember how hal's mom died. (i can't even remember his mom's name). i'm thinking mrs. jordan got sick and somehow depleted whatever compensation they had from martin jordan's death.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i can't remember how hal's mom died. (i can't even remember his mom's name). i'm thinking mrs. jordan got sick and somehow depleted whatever compensation they had from martin jordan's death.
    My memory of secret origin is faulty. Your explanation makes sense.

But yeah, enough tragedy surrounded the Jordan family without the need for outside forces to pull strings.

The fact that Hal went through losing both parents at such a young age, yet still had an optimistic view of life is inspiring.

Without knowing he is Green Lantern, I can easily see folks thinking Hal's inability to settle down, and live a stable life came from losing his parents.

Folks, some of you have probably noticed that I've been rather grumpy for quite some time when it comes to this character and my less than positive expectations towards his future in comics or outside media. What I've come to realize lately that is that for some particularly odd reason this doesn't tend to affect my mental health that well. Sounds incredibly silly but when something occurs to this character that I happen to dislike, such as him getting excluded or replaced in outside media projects, or written in an awful way, or basically anything that I could perceive as a certain slight to the character, that more or less ruins my day. Maybe it's partially due to everything that goes on in the world now, maybe part of me is still that teen who read GL Rebirth for the first time all those years ago and fell in love with the GL mythos with Hal at the forefront, maybe I'm still affected by the live-action movie and the non-stop mockery and disrespect that has been hurled this character's way since, or maybe it's simply some distorted sense of entitlement on my part that this character for some reason always has to be treated with nothing less than reverence. Whatever the case, I think at this point I need a break, otherwise I'd just keep bringing down the mood and not give back the same level of support and enthusiasm that people always tend to express here.

Don't wish to appear as if I'm attempting to give myself some level of self-importance by making "farewell speeches" or whatever this is, but I wanted you to know how much fun I've had here and the appreciation I have for all of you who've been nothing but great to me for the years I've posted here. Stay healthy and as a wiser fan than me likes to say, make everyday your brightest day.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Folks, some of you have probably noticed that I've been rather grumpy for quite some time when it comes to this character and my less than positive expectations towards his future in comics or outside media. What I've come to realize lately that is that for some particularly odd reason this doesn't tend to affect my mental health that well. Sounds incredibly silly but when something occurs to this character that I happen to dislike, such as him getting excluded or replaced in outside media projects, or written in an awful way, or basically anything that I could perceive as a certain slight to the character, that more or less ruins my day. Maybe it's partially due to everything that goes on in the world now, maybe part of me is still that teen who read GL Rebirth for the first time all those years ago and fell in love with the GL mythos with Hal at the forefront, maybe I'm still affected by the live-action movie and the non-stop mockery and disrespect that has been hurled this character's way since, or maybe it's simply some distorted sense of entitlement on my part that this character for some reason always has to be treated with nothing less than reverence. Whatever the case, I think at this point I need a break, otherwise I'd just keep bringing down the mood and not give back the same level of support and enthusiasm that people always tend to express here.

Don't wish to appear as if I'm attempting to give myself some level of self-importance by making "farewell speeches" or whatever this is, but I wanted you to know how much fun I've had here and the appreciation I have for all of you who've been nothing but great to me for the years I've posted here. Stay healthy and as a wiser fan than me likes to say, make everyday your brightest day.
    Best wishes. Take care of yourself and hope you decide to return. You were always helpful to me. Thanks.

Extraordinary Member

I never saw you as a mood killer. You just speak your truth, and that's anyone can ask for.

You are a passionate fan, and that's awesome.

I pop in & out myself due to the world being one big Arkham, and lack of interest in modern comics.

I still read comics, just Bronze Age DC & Marvel. Go old school, Johnny. You might find some great stories from the 70's & 80's.

Be safe, and keep your ring charged, Johnny.

i appreciate your posts johnny. i find it helpful to see that i'm not alone with the frustrations i feel with hal is treated sometimes. so its nice to know that someone else knows how to express those frustrations of mine.

i'm with anthony shaw, i don't think you've been a mood killer. i actually think that the hal jordan thread has a nice community. i often go here to look at new news, to read old hal adventures, and to look at the art.

thanks man.

Johnny, I totally get where you're coming from. I get bummed out by Hal's treatment too.

If you need a break, that's perfectly understandable, and you earned it, but the forum won't be the same without you. Take all the time you need to recharge your ring .

No shame in taking time off from something you feel brings you down. I hope you take care yourself and fwiw, I enjoy all the Hal artwork you find and post here.

Last edited by juan678; 08-08-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    but why the grey hair?

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

I've always enjoyed your posts as well as our few interactions on this thread. I've never particularly found you too "negative" or anything; I find your passion for the character refreshing and your observations quite on-point. But if it's getting to you, you should absolutely take some time off and prioritize yourself. Take care!

Astonishing Member

I keep on thinking that GL should have automatic protection against pheromone attacks and viruses.

How has Hal been mistreated? Something I missed while I was gone? (I was infected with Covid and have been battling it and the long term effects for sometime now)