Page 200 of 233 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3484
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Any fans of Wolfman’s 80’s Pre-Crisis run? That was some solid Bronze Age classics. I know how much he gets praised for his New Teen Titans run, and deserves every ounce of praise he gets for it, but he really cranked out some great stories with co-creator Joe Staton.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Only if he's also lost the plot and conjures a green cartoon lobster he uses as a sidekick.

I may be channeling Morrison's Happy right now.

When Neal gets out of his way with the aggressive extra lines and coloring, he's still among the best in the industry.
    Hal himself look great, but I can't get past the ring being on the wrong hand!
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I want it all. I want grizzled stubbly gray-flecked long hair Atomic Hal Jordan.
    Damnit, I want this too now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I love me Emerald Knight Hal .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    Hal himself look great, but I can't get past the ring being on the wrong hand!
    I mean it's a thought based weapon. Doesn't really matter much to me which hand he's got it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That's rad.

^^ The two different colored eyes are interesting, if unnecessary. But that's a super-cool look!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Any fans of Wolfman’s 80’s Pre-Crisis run? That was some solid Bronze Age classics. I know how much he gets praised for his New Teen Titans run, and deserves every ounce of praise he gets for it, but he really cranked out some great stories with co-creator Joe Staton.
    It was before my time, but I'm curios what stories were told during that period. Was it the time when Hal quit the Corps?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    It was before my time, but I'm curios what stories were told during that period. Was it the time when Hal quit the Corps?
    He was exiled from Earth by Marv Wolfman. Len Wein brought him back to Earth and promptly quit the Corps for Carol.

You can definitely see Crisis on Infinite Earths percolating in Wolfman's creative steam during his run. Very back to basics. Test Pilot. Ferris Air. Solar Jet! Qwardians!

Well worth checking out, but I don't believe they've ever been collected in trades, but you can read them all digitally on DC Universe.

He was exiled from Earth by Marv Wolfman. Len Wein brought him back to Earth and promptly quit the Corps for Carol.

You can definitely see Crisis on Infinite Earths percolating in Wolfman's creative steam during his run. Very back to basics. Test Pilot. Ferris Air. Solar Jet! Qwardians!

Well worth checking out, but I don't believe they've ever been collected in trades, but you can read them all digitally on DC Universe.
    Sounds good to me .

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

He also gave us the Omega Men. You can see him figuring out the Crisis, with the concerted efforts to streamline the continuity in this, and his Action Comics run. I have a love/hate relationship with Crisis, but it was a fun adventure along the way. Early 80’s Pre-Crisis DC had so many sleeper hit runs, it’s a shame the Crisis destroyed the richness of the Multiverse.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Hal's previous experiences during Wolfman's run were another reason why Hal is nowhere to be seen in the original Crisis on Infinite Earths. It wouldn't really help the dramatic tension of Wolfman & Perez's epic if Hal was walking around, unfazed, commenting on how he already beat a problem like this back in the Anti-Matter Universe a couple years earlier. Better to have Pariah running around screaming like a ninny

The whole GLC was pretty much sidelined in the series, despite the backstory essentially springing from the GLC mythos.

It still burns me though that Hal wasn't shown in even one panel of "Crisis."

I am hoping for something like this after Grant Morrison's TGL.

Astonishing Member

Hal's previous experiences during Wolfman's run were another reason why Hal is nowhere to be seen in the original Crisis on Infinite Earths. It wouldn't really help the dramatic tension of Wolfman & Perez's epic if Hal was walking around, unfazed, commenting on how he already beat a problem like this back in the Anti-Matter Universe a couple years earlier. Better to have Pariah running around screaming like a ninny
    Makes you wonder how Crisis would have bern resolved if Hal didn't got sidelined.