Page 159 of 233 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I love that this story was Denny O'Neil's final GL/GA story. There's something really poignant about Hal and Ollie's relationship coming full circle and having Hal be the one to open Ollie's eyes about his use of violence, just as Ollie opened up Hal's eyes to the plight of the working class in that first GL/GA issue from decades ago.
    Yeah, something about Hal doing a rather mundane thing like reading a book but against the backdrop of doing it isolated on another planet I dig.

Feels like something Morrison would write.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

I love that this story was Denny O'Neil's final GL/GA story. There's something really poignant about Hal and Ollie's relationship coming full circle and having Hal be the one to open Ollie's eyes about his use of violence, just as Ollie opened up Hal's eyes to the plight of the working class in that first GL/GA issue from decades ago.
    Loved that story. Given the absolute dire state of the world currently, maybe it would be a good idea for Hal and Ollie to go on another road trip?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Loved that story. Given the absolute dire state of the world currently, maybe it would be a good idea for Hal and Ollie to go on another road trip?
    I've been banging the drum for an updated Hard Traveling Heroes miniseries starring Hal, John, Ollie, and Dinah for years now...

Between those 4, you have a lot of different perspectives. Throw in Jessica Cruz and I think it'd be even better

I've been banging the drum for an updated Hard Traveling Heroes miniseries starring Hal, John, Ollie, and Dinah for years now...

Between those 4, you have a lot of different perspectives. Throw in Jessica Cruz and I think it'd be even better
    Could have made a series to put under the Black Label, before that got kaput with the recent editorial purging.

Though Batman would have probably found his way into it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    They just tied Hal's baterry at the back of the cycle.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm sold. Get that in my pullbox posthaste.

If they do a new "HTH" I'd want them to travel around sector 2814 instead of America this time. Hal, Ollie, Dinah and Jessica sound good to me.

Could I argue for Simon Baz instead of Jessica? I like Jessica and love that she’s been getting some use after Green Lanterns, but Simon Baz hasn’t really been used all that much and I’d love to see some more focus on him after Green Lanterns.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm sold. Get that in my pullbox posthaste.
    Mark Russell writing and Cully Hamner on art would be my preference, but it might be better to have each issue be a different creative team of diverse backgrounds focused on a different issue, otherwise it becomes a bit too much of a rehash of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Could I argue for Simon Baz instead of Jessica? I like Jessica and love that she’s been getting some use after Green Lanterns, but Simon Baz hasn’t really been used all that much and I’d love to see some more focus on him after Green Lanterns.
    There's already three dudes on the team and Jessica is, in my opinion, the better and more interesting character. There's a reason that Jess has taken off while Simon hasn't appeared anywhere since his creator lost his executive position. Again, this is all my opinion. I'm sure someone will do something interesting with Simon one of these days, but I haven't found anything particularly compelling about him...yet.

Astonishing Member

I loved that story.

Part of me, the artist ... and the writer part too ... parts of me thought that it would have been just as poignant but kind of funnier and more "Hal Jordanish" if he said the dialogue "I Read it on another Planet" to Ollie but the artwork showed him with green headphones in listening to it as a book-on-tape. I'm a book reader and I know lots of book readers, some of whom are tactile hands-on guys and girls. But something about Hal Jordan and his proclivity for multitasking made me think it'd be hard for him to just sit still. Although that's rather the point - to sit still and take it in and meditate. But yeah, thought he might be more of a book-on-tape guy.

I hope analogue books always exist and am not bothered at the fact that those who want to listen to a story rather than scan a document still get the whole experience of an author's words.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Mark Russell writing and Cully Hamner on art would be my preference, but it might be better to have each issue be a different creative team of diverse backgrounds focused on a different issue, otherwise it becomes a bit too much of a rehash of the original.
    Russell is a must. He's the best person for that job.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    They just tied Hal's baterry at the back of the cycle.
    I noticed that too. C'mon, now! Sheesh!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!