Page 115 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3484
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Glad to know the story was about more than just the usual silly jabs at Hal by writers who don't understand him. Welcome!
    It's a really good outing for Hal. Trust me. Worth picking up for cheap.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, there's a nice symmetry to how Hal is portrayed in each story. I like the idea that Hal is always there to help out his friends whenever they need help. This is a breath of fresh air compared to other times during the late '80s when Barry was dead, Ollie didn't want anything to do with him, and every time he helped John, he only made things worse.
    It's really one of his most endearing traits. He was also there for Ollie during the 90s when Ollie was going through a depressive slump and literally just took a beating to help him get out of it. Maybe Hal should double-time as a therapist.

green arrow green lantern 1.jpggreen arrow green lantern 2 (2).jpggreen arrow green lantern 3.jpg
    Last edited by Mutatis_Mutandis; 07-13-2020 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    It's really one of his most endearing traits. He was also there for Ollie during the 90s when Ollie was going through a depressive slump and literally just took a beating to help him get out of it. Maybe Hal should double-time as a therapist.

green arrow green lantern 1.jpggreen arrow green lantern 2 (2).jpggreen arrow green lantern 3.jpg
    first time i've seen this. did hal just let oliver beat him? and did oliver actually do that?

that was noble of hal, but at the same time messed up... no matter the situation i wouldn't let any of my friends do that to me.

GL/Etrigan team-up in the "Doomed and Damned" Halloween special in October. The writer confirmed the featured GL will be Hal.

https://twitter.com/KenBlakePorter/s...47701674463233

GL/Etrigan team-up in the "Doomed and Damned" Halloween special in October. The writer confirmed the featured GL will be Hal.

Hal and Etrigan? An unexpected team-up, but I'm down .

A quick G-search yielded nothing. Where did you hear about this? Is it a full story or a short story in a DC Halloween special? I can honestly say I don't recall ever seeing Hal interact with Etrigan (aside from briefly in "Legend of the Green Flame" which was non-canonical anyway) I would love if they actually mentioned Hal's time in purgatory or as the Spectre, since everyone (including Hal) seems to have forgotten it.

[edit]Oh, nevermind. Found an article:
    https://www.gamesradar.com/two-dc-ha...-this-october/
    Ugh - not sure if I want to shell out 10 bucks just for the Hal story. Guess I'll have to see if enough of the other stories seem good. Otherwise I'll have to wait for a comixology sale.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-13-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Legend of the Green Flame was canon for everyone but Mike Carlin, who was unreasonably nit-picky about no one knowing Superman's secret identity. By the time it was published, it had already been established that Hal knew Clark's secret.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    first time i've seen this. did hal just let oliver beat him? and did oliver actually do that?

that was noble of hal, but at the same time messed up... no matter the situation i wouldn't let any of my friends do that to me.
    I wouldn't either! To be fair, Hal gets in some good shots too. Nothing like beating each other up to unlock your emotional constipation.

If I remember correctly, this is from "The Trial of Oliver Queen" when Hal takes Ollie camping to dry him out from an alcoholic binge. The fact that Hal is such a loyal friend is a neat facet to his character. He's terrible about asking for help, but he's first in line when someone else needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by rsquared View Post
    I wouldn't either! To be fair, Hal gets in some good shots too. Nothing like beating each other up to unlock your emotional constipation.

If I remember correctly, this is from "The Trial of Oliver Queen" when Hal takes Ollie camping to dry him out from an alcoholic binge. The fact that Hal is such a loyal friend is a neat facet to his character. He's terrible about asking for help, but he's first in line when someone else needs it.
    interesting. didn't know oliver became an alcoholic. (maybe that was done in a short story arc).

nice of hal to be there for his friend.

Hal cameo in Batman: Gotham Nights.

Hal cameo in Batman: Gotham Nights.

Nice to see Hal and Bruce working together without sniping at each other.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Finished TGL#5. Just wanted to pop in and say how great it is that a Green Lantern book is once again DC’s best title.
    I finally got the chance to read issue #5. It was easier for me to understsnd the story this time.

So those are the Orintho birds all grown up now?

I enjoyed the issue.

I don't understand though why Liam drew to homage Jack Kirby. Did not see the New God connection. I'll read it again and see what I missed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'm guessing they probably didn't want to have Hal twice on the list given they listed his friendship with Ollie.