Page 54 of 233 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Thing is that was written after O'Neil's editorial edict came down and the new direction for Emerald Twilight was put in effect which is why they had Hal acting like that. Just like the added dialogue they put in the collected Return of Superman omnibus (which is something editorial almost always does when collecting a major storyline after they decide to change directions from the original printed floppies... look at the collected Infinite Crisis omnibus and how different it is from the original floppies... same with the collected Final Crisis edition and how different it is from the original floppies)

Whoa.... what's that?!? I have all the issues, I never checked out the omnibus. What new dialogue did they add??

i wasn't aware that the collected editions had different/additional content that the original single issues.

how different are they?

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    There have been tons of interviews with Jones including an interview with Jones from right here on CBR. The original version of Emerald Twilight (IIRC) was going to have another set of the Guardians "returning" from Zamaron claiming to be the original Guardians that left and claiming that the Guardians who came back at the beginning of volume 3/The Road Back arc were imposters causing confusion in the ranks of the GLC and some lanterns choosing sides leading to a cosmic civil war with Hal stuck in the middle trying to figure things out as they went along.
    I believe it was also going to reveal that the Guardians were responsible for killing Hal's dad to ensure that he would become the "greatest GL ever" and he was going to quit and somehow internalize his powers then take on the name "Protector" and be some cosmic hero.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I believe it was also going to reveal that the Guardians were responsible for killing Hal's dad to ensure that he would become the "greatest GL ever" and he was going to quit and somehow internalize his powers then take on the name "Protector" and be some cosmic hero.
    i wonder how fans would have responded to that.

and "protector" sounds really campy.

Ok, I just read my new favorite Green Lantern story. This seemingly goofy crossover was fantastic!

0F0ECBFE-0F62-40C8-92AD-0F37191E3756.jpg
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Ok, I just read my new favorite Green Lantern story. This seemingly goofy crossover was fantastic!

One of my favorite crossover stories. I remember the writer said the two volumes of this series sold well enough so there will likely be a third one, what I'm still waiting for...

It was a very enjoyable crossover. Still haven't read the Planet of the Apes crossover but I've heard good things about that too.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It was a very enjoyable crossover. Still haven't read the Planet of the Apes crossover but I've heard good things about that too.
    It's a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i wonder how fans would have responded to that.

and "protector" sounds really campy.
    "Protector" was a horrible name! Thankfully that was only the name they used as a placeholder.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

So he would've had his own name just not GL, much like Alan was Sentinel, Guy was Warrior and John was a Darkstar, since Kyle was the only character who DC wanted to be called GL at the time. Not a big fan of the name Protector, but who knows, maybe he could've had some cool stories. Guess Renegade Hal could've happened 20 years earlier than it did.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-01-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny;4915934[B
    ]So he would've had his own name just not GL, much like Alan was Sentinel, Guy was Warrior and John was a Darkstar,[/B] since Kyle was the only character who DC wanted to be called GL at the time. Not a big fan of the name Protector, but who knows, maybe he could've had some cool stories. Guess Renegade Hal could've happened 20 years earlier than it did.
    Unsurprisingly, none of those stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unsurprisingly, none of those stuck.
    I wonder how much of it was bad decisions and how much was just fans not being open to new things? I bit of both I suppose...

Incredible Member

Guys, little help? I once read an old issue Hawkman found Hawkgirl(or Hawkwoman, I can't remember...) left him and he was worried about that. Hal and Clark gave him a few words of comfort. Hal said something like you need to give your love more space.
    I think it's in a Bronze Age team book(maybe JLA?), but I can't find it now... Does anyone have an impression?

* Don't bother. I found it. It's in World's Finest #274.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 04-02-2020 at 01:50 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

Yeah, that crossover was a lot of fun, ditto for the sequel series.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Guys, little help? I once read an old issue Hawkman found Hawkgirl(or Hawkwoman, I can't remember...) left him and he was worried about that. Hal and Clark gave him a few words of comfort. Hal said something like you need to give your love more space.
    I think it's in a Bronze Age team book(maybe JLA?), but I can't find it now... Does anyone have an impression?

* Don't bother. I found it. It's in World's Finest #274.
    funny, i would have expected hawkman approaching atom about that.