Page 17 of 233 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

It’s weird that Hal seems always get screwed over by DC’s reboot plans.
    Geoff Johns announced a sequel to Secret Origin in 2010 which was shelved because of Flashpoint. Hal got kicked out of Justice League(and he hasn’t been back up to now) and the main title after Rebirth which is supposed to “bring back the tradition”. Now he finally gets a wonderful book after 5 years’ mediocre at best runs. It turns out that has to end ahead of schedule, in all possibility, because of 5G.
    And guys in DC think fans should be excited about reboot?
    Last edited by HAN9000; 01-20-2020 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    It’s weird that Hal seems always get screwed over by DC’s reboot plans.
    Geoff Johns announced a sequel to Secret Origin in 2010 which was shelved because of Flashpoint. Hal got kicked out of Justice League(and he hasn’t been back up to now) and the main title after Rebirth which is supposed to “bring back the tradition”. Now he finally gets a wonderful book after 5 years’ mediocre at best runs. It turns out that has to end ahead of schedule, in all possibility, because of 5G.
    And guys in DC think fans should be excited about reboot?
    Nope. What concerns me more is that they’re aging Hal AGAIN and more than likely phasing out my 4 favourite GL’s (Hal, Guy, John and Kilowog) for some new 5th generation character (or possibility that Teen Lantern character since she’s already part of DC’s 5th generation)

Well I think we all know this will obviously be a temporary thing. "How" temporary will naturally depend on sales, but temporary nonetheless. After all they're expected to age "all" their primary characters now, not just Hal, and they won't have an old Bruce Wayne around for too long.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well I think we all know this will obviously be a temporary thing. "How" temporary will naturally depend on sales, but temporary nonetheless. After all they're expected to age "all" their primary characters now, not just Hal, and they won't have an old Bruce Wayne around for too long.
    This is it. Everyone knows 5G is going to be a farce. However, it costs DC’s current best run, and also the best gl run in years.

Yeah. It could be a year or could be longer. Still, that’s a long time without my favourite characters.

Has all this 5G stuff actually been confirmed anywhere or is it still rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Has all this 5G stuff actually been confirmed anywhere or is it still rumors?
    The last issue of Doomsday Clock mentions that "after the timeline is restored, Earth-5G is born".

The last issue of Doomsday Clock mentions that "after the timeline is restored, Earth-5G is born".
    Right - but DDC didn't explain what that meant. There were a lot of future tidbits dropped in those pages, most of which will probably lead to nothing. All the rest is just supposition and rumor so far then, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Right - but DDC didn't explain what that meant. There were a lot of future tidbits dropped in those pages, most of which will probably lead to nothing. All the rest is just supposition and rumor so far then, yes?
    So far yes, but some of the rumors we've been hearing about it seem to be starting to take shape. For instance Lucius Fox is now playing the role of Alfred being in Bruce's ear during his missions, which could naturally lead to Luke Fox being the new Batman as originally rumored. Wonder Woman being the first superhero was confirmed. Most of the rumors are indeed still rumors now, but if the name "5G" was already mentioned in a major title that dealt with timeline changes, this certainly seems to be going somewhere.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-20-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If I were to guess at how long this 5G train wreck lasts, I’d say 18 to 24 months, depending on sales, and how stubborn DC is if they’re hellbent on making this nonsense work. However, if the Batbooks tank because Bruce isn’t the central figure, it could be ended sooner. Nevertheless, it’s damn frustrating that DC is kneecapping their best GL run since Rebirth for the age of this shortsighted farce.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If I were to guess at how long this 5G train wreck lasts, I’d say 18 to 24 months, depending on sales, and how stubborn DC is if they’re hellbent on making this nonsense work. However, if the Batbooks tank because Bruce isn’t the central figure, it could be ended sooner. Nevertheless, it’s damn frustrating that DC is kneecapping their best GL run since Rebirth for the age of this shortsighted farce.
    To be fair, I'm not particularly worried about 5G, in fact I'm somewhat apathetic about it. Perhaps I have a certain level of curiosity about it, but for a while now I've had this sense of indifference towards those "things will never be the same" type of events. Probably seems more like a waste of time to me, but at this point I don't tend to get irritated by publishers doing cheap tactics for the sake of boosting monthly sales. I just can't seem to bring myself to really care about it one way or the other.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-20-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Such a great image. Love the "Aladdin" vibes.

Such a great image. Love the "Aladdin" vibes.

So...the new young Guardians are changing everything up or what..?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...the new young Guardians are changing everything up or what..?
    I dunno - the one in the last frame doesn't exactly look young... We've already seen Sharpe take liberties with the design of Oa and the Guardians, etc. It might just be that.

Knowing how DC usually handles this franchise, you have to wonder if the Young Guardians are even going to still be around after this run. The Templar guardians apparently don't even exist anymore.