Page 50 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    What do you feel the chances of Carol reaching the heights of Mera or Catwoman?
    I keep hoping someone will take the chance and stick her on a JL lineup in the "GL slot." (although they'll probably also have her hook up with some other hero, because writers tend to be unimaginative that way.... )

It's honestly sad. Heroes swapping girlfriends, especially if they also happen to be heroes, has to be some of my least favorite tropes.

I think we'd need to see a concerned and upfront push for her like she got during the Johns run.

Venditti taking over was not good for her character in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we'd need to see a concerned and upfront push for her like she got during the Johns run.

Venditti taking over was not good for her character in the long run.
    i don't think that thing with kyle did her any favors as well. hers and kyle.

Seems like homeboy spends so much time in space he doesn't even care about pants anymore.

^^ Terminator Green Lantern?

Mighty Member

Considering that MERA is the one who initially got her boost from Johns GL and not Carol despite being in one event rather than most of the run, I think that answers that

I don't think it would be impossible for Carol to get a popularity boost but I think it would take a popular writer on GL + using Carol heavily + solid, consistent, appealing characterization for her at the very least. None of which she has had in the past... several years? Morrison GL is relatively popular but somehow niche at the same time and he’s barely using her anyway so I think she’s out of luck for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Seems like homeboy spends so much time in space he doesn't even care about pants anymore.

Didn't Venditti's run make it common for the GL's to go buff under their uniform? Or at least Guy...
    Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Considering that MERA is the one who initially got her boost from Johns GL and not Carol despite being in one event rather than most of the run, I think that answers that

I don't think it would be impossible for Carol to get a popularity boost but I think it would take a popular writer on GL + using Carol heavily + solid, consistent, appealing characterization for her at the very least. None of which she has had in the past... several years? Morrison GL is relatively popular but somehow niche at the same time and he’s barely using her anyway so I think she’s out of luck for the foreseeable future.
    If we count Blackest Night as a GL story and not as a DCU story, I guess.

I loved that scene of Carol telling Hal she loves him right before he fuses with Parallax again though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's honestly sad. Heroes swapping girlfriends, especially if they also happen to be heroes, has to be some of my least favorite tropes.
    Same here. I'm glad DC hasn't decided to put sparks berween Hal and Black Canary.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Great piece of art by Bryan Hitch!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Great piece of art by Bryan Hitch!

i liked his work on justice league.