Page 169 of 233 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I feel the same way.

Nathan Fillion right? I know he voiced Hal in at least one animated movie.
    Yeah, he's voice Hal on-and-off over the past few years.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What makes you think the films won’t happen? Unless they go all in on Zack Snyder again I don’t see why they wouldn't make a GL movie.
    I think streaming is the future. I don’t see WB footing the bill for a 200 million dollar GL movie given the current global situation

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hey come on now you've told me how many times not to get mad about this stuff so let's indeed laugh about it. Anyway here's Hal by Alex Ross.

I think you misread my post. I am not mad. The situation is frustrating as hell, but it is too damned funny to get angry about.

I will be curious to see how the HBO Max show dances around Hal Jordan though, particularly in regards to Guy, Simon and Jessica

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, he's voice Hal on-and-off over the past few years.
    I remember he was a popular pick to play a live-action Hal - I wonder who people want now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think streaming is the future. I don’t see WB footing the bill for a 200 million dollar GL movie given the current global situation
    I agree. Shame that Hal seemingly won't be involved. I'm happy for fans of the other characters, but I'll wait and see with this one.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I think you misread my post. I am not mad. The situation is frustrating as hell, but it is too damned funny to get angry about.

I will be curious to see how the HBO Max show dances around Hal Jordan though, particularly in regards to Guy, Simon and Jessica
    It is kind of funny. It reminds me of what happened with Superman, DC kept him out of tv because of the DCEU, and the tv side got to do Supergirl, when WB gave up on doing anything with Superman in theaters on for the next 5-10 years, imo, they let CW use him, but now SG already used all of his most famous villains, storylines and iconic moments. The same will happens to Hal I believe.

The only good thing that can come out of this is they giving Paralax to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    It is kind of funny. It reminds me of what happened with Superman, DC kept him out of tv because of the DCEU, and the tv side got to do Supergirl, when WB gave up on doing anything with Superman in theaters on for the next 5-10 years, imo, they let CW use him, but now SG already used all of his most famous villains, storylines and iconic moments. The same will happens to Hal I believe.

The only good thing that can come out of this is they giving Paralax to someone else.
    Honestly I’m still worried that if the show is successful that’s how they’ll just bring Hal in.

I'm more wondering what they plan to do with Sinestro without Hal in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm more wondering what they plan to do with Sinestro without Hal in the show.
    Perhaps the same thing the DCAU did. They will make him someone else's main rival. And it's not like they need Hal to do the Sinestro Corps War anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Perhaps the same thing the DCAU did. They will make him someone else's main rival. And it's not like they need Hal to do the Sinestro Corps War anyway.
    I can't really see Jessica and Simon playing off Sinestro like Hal would. Maybe Guy, but it would still feel weird.

It's just weird putting Sinestro in a show with a bunch of GL's he's barely connected to or cares about. I mean, he helped make Simon a GL (technically) but that's it.

I can't really see Jessica and Simon playing off Sinestro like Hal would. Maybe Guy, but it would still feel weird.

It's just weird putting Sinestro in a show with a bunch of GL's he's barely connected to or cares about. I mean, he helped make Simon a GL (technically) but that's it.
    Nature of adaptations pretty much. Sinestro will always be at his best opposing Hal to me but his general status quo as a "Former GL who went evil" boogeyman can be juxtaposed well enough to fit a freshmen GL (presumbably Jess and Simon) if that's what they're going for.

Hopefully he's done better than the DCAU at least, he was a big fat nothing of a character there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Nature of adaptations pretty much. Sinestro will always be at his best opposing Hal to me but his general status quo as a "Former GL who went evil" boogeyman can be juxtaposed well enough to fit a freshmen GL (presumbably Jess and Simon) if that's what they're going for.

Hopefully he's done better than the DCAU at least, he was a big fat nothing of a character there.
    Yeah, he was kind of a waste of Ted Levine.

Yeah, he was kind of a waste of Ted Levine.
    I thought he was cast well in the movie and TAS.

Just seems whatever he appears in is usually kaput before they get to the good stuff for him.

BANNED

Americans have this strange tendency to adapt stuff and then make it in stark contrast to the source material in many ways, and I think it ultimately causes friction down the road. Adapting Sinestro without Hal Jordan...it's like, you can do that...but why?

In the end it will cause tension within the fanbase, because people are going to be like "why do they keep giving these underdeveloped characters Hal's stuff. Why not just use Hal?" And hypothetical people who become Green Lantern fans from this show would end up being misled, and those types of criticisms will be what they're greeted with when they explore the mythology and fanbase more.

Like...when Sailor Moon gets adapted, the main character is Sailor Moon. It's not Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mercury is in a relationship with Tuxedo Mask, but that's kind of how Americans would do things if they were behind it. And those Sailor Scouts would mos. def be getting their races bent all to hell. And all of that would cause friction and confuse fans.
    When Sailor Moon fans get into Sailor Moon fandom from watching cartoons everything is normal and no one is greatly confused, and if they fight with each other, it's over the quality an English dub or something...it's never like the main Sailor Scout should be Sailor Mercury. It's just really weird, and I think it stems from laziness. The Americans often tend to want an end result without putting in the foundational effort. They want to use these characters instead of Hal Jordan (for whatever reason), but then they realize these other GL's were never built up sufficiently enough to get by without aping the stuff that was specifically meant for Hal Jordan's character.

And just to be clear, I'm pretty ambivalent to all these characters, but I do think the situation is weird and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Falz View Post
    Americans have this strange tendency to adapt stuff and then make it in stark contrast to the source material in many ways, and I think it ultimately causes friction down the road. Adapting Sinestro without Hal Jordan...it's like, you can do that...but why?

In the end it will cause tension within the fanbase, because people are going to be like "why do they keep giving these underdeveloped characters Hal's stuff. Why not just use Hal?" And hypothetical people who become Green Lantern fans from this show would end up being misled, and those types of criticisms will be what they're greeted with when they explore the mythology and fanbase more.

Like...when Sailor Moon gets adapted, the main character is Sailor Moon. It's not Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mercury is in a relationship with Tuxedo Mask, but that's kind of how Americans would do things if they were behind it. And those Sailor Scouts would mos. def be getting their races bent all to hell. And all of that would cause friction and confuse fans.
    When Sailor Moon fans get into Sailor Moon fandom from watching cartoons everything is normal and no one is greatly confused, and if they fight with each other, it's over the quality an English dub or something...it's never like the main Sailor Scout should be Sailor Mercury. It's just really weird, and I think it stems from laziness. The Americans often tend to want an end result without putting in the foundational effort. They want to use these characters instead of Hal Jordan (for whatever reason), but then they realize these other GL's were never built up sufficiently enough to get by without aping the stuff that was specifically meant for Hal Jordan's character.

And just to be clear, I'm pretty ambivalent to all these characters, but I do think the situation is weird and bad.
    Phantasy Star?

But yeah, I agree with your post, and I'm American
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.