Page 33 of 233 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They haven't depicted him as bad as War in my opinion. I mean, he's kind of a tool, but he's not as incompetent.
    More often than not, it's the first impression that matters the most and for many people this version of him has already been established as a tool. If I had to choose between a bad media depiction of Hal and no media depiction of him at all I'd always choose the latter. The former keeps him in the public eye for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    More often than not, it's the first impression that matters the most and for many people this version of him has already been established as a tool. If I had to choose between a bad media depiction of Hal and no media depiction of him at all I'd always choose the latter. The former keeps him in the public eye for all the wrong reasons.
    I mean, they've course-corrected a lot since then so I try not to look too much on what things were like in the first film...

A peek at Hal's bit from "DC's From Beyond the Unknown" Walmart 100-page Giant:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...fWtpecw5Xk8L2I
    A more traditional take on Hal that's 180 degrees away from Morrison's in terms of his relationship to earth.

Also, bonus reprint featuring Katma! (I'm sure that it was written by Alan Moore didn't hurt)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-20-2020 at 06:55 AM.

wait, people are greeting hal a happy birthday on twitter... is it?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    wait, people are greeting hal a happy birthday on twitter... is it?
    Yep - it was established on a calendar DC did back in 1976.

feb calendar.jpg
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    Yep - it was established on a calendar DC did back in 1976.

feb calendar.jpg
    happy birthday to hal jordan. wish you could spend your birthday with friends and family here on earth.

(february seems to be a busy month for the league).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    A peek at Hal's bit from "DC's From Beyond the Unknown" Walmart 100-page Giant:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...fWtpecw5Xk8L2I
    A more traditional take on Hal that's 180 degrees away from Morrison's in terms of his relationship to earth.

Also, bonus reprint featuring Katma! (I'm sure that it was written by Alan Moore didn't hurt)
    Although it's cool to see Kenneth Rocafort working on GL... Does it mean we will not have a Walmat Green Lantern book in the future?

Incredible Member

Happy birthday to the greatest Green Lantern.

Happy Birthday Hal .

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Happy birthday to Hal Jordan, THE greatest Green Lantern!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Happy birthday to Hal Jordan, THE greatest Green Lantern!
    yeah!

and not only as a green lantern...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I know I am generally the one here who tends to argue against negativity and conspiratorial thinking, but I don't think it's too much to suggest that the departure of Dan Didio will not lead to a more pronounced role for Hal Jordan within the DCU. Didio was the only reason Emerald Twilight was finally overturned following the departure of former DCU head Mike Carlin and he is the only reason we're enjoying Morrison & Sharp's wonderfully weird take on the character now.

Without Didio around, the sizeable glut of Earth Green Lanterns will very likely lead to less and less appearances by Hal unless there's a creator who really wants to write a story with him.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news to my fellow Hal fans, but I think this is the most likely outcome. By the way, I don't think there's any guarantee Wally West fans are going to be any happier with whomever replaces Didio, although I certainly hope that fanbase gets thrown a bone. They've certainly suffered enough.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I know I am generally the one here who tends to argue against negativity and conspiratorial thinking, but I don't think it's too much to suggest that the departure of Dan Didio will not lead to a more pronounced role for Hal Jordan within the DCU. Didio was the only reason Emerald Twilight was finally overturned following the departure of former DCU head Mike Carlin and he is the only reason we're enjoying Morrison & Sharp's wonderfully weird take on the character now.

Without Didio around, the sizeable glut of Earth Green Lanterns will very likely lead to less and less appearances by Hal unless there's a creator who really wants to write a story with him.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news to my fellow Hal fans, but I think this is the most likely outcome. By the way, I don't think there's any guarantee Wally West fans are going to be any happier with whomever replaces Didio, although I certainly hope that fanbase gets thrown a bone. They've certainly suffered enough.
    I don't think spreading the love around to the other Earth GLs would be a bad thing for the property, but I do fear we're going to get some Emerald Twilight 2.0 or whatever to make it happen.

If Hal has to take a back seat for a bit, it's not the end of the world. As long as he's respectfully put on the back burner. Don't deliberately write him badly to prop up someone else, doubly so for adaptations. Like if they go with another Lantern for a movie, don't give them Hal's origin and supporting cast/villains. But in the interim, we have plenty of stuff of his to read/re-read. I'm hoping for more old back issues runs from the Bronze age to get collected. And if DiDio's leaving means that 5G may get the plug pulled, maybe Morrison and Sharp can get a complete season 2 after all?