Page 223 of 233 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3484
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    How is the Diector Cut different? Is it longer than the theater version?
    Yup, about 15 minutes or so, mostly at the beginning so that Hal, Carol & Hector's backstories are fleshed out a bit more.

I don't think it's technically a "director's cut" though since Martin Campbell was sick of the whole production by the time the film was released, but he has said that the extended cut is closer to his version of the film (but with a different leading man than he wanted). However, it's clear that he was not in charge of the film and the many, many producers and studio executives were meddling with the film on every conceivable level.

2011's Green Lantern will never be a great film, but I think the extended cut gives a pretty good job of fixing some of the more glaring characterization problems by giving the three main characters more depth than they got in the truncated theatrical version. I think the CGI is also a bit better, although I could be wrong there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yup, about 15 minutes or so, mostly at the beginning so that Hal, Carol & Hector's backstories are fleshed out a bit more.

I don't think it's technically a "director's cut" though since Martin Campbell was sick of the whole production by the time the film was released, but he has said that the extended cut is closer to his version of the film (but with a different leading man than he wanted). However, it's clear that he was not in charge of the film and the many, many producers and studio executives were meddling with the film on every conceivable level.

2011's Green Lantern will never be a great film, but I think the extended cut gives a pretty good job of fixing some of the more glaring characterization problems by giving the three main characters more depth than they got in the truncated theatrical version. I think the CGI is also a bit better, although I could be wrong there.
    I think I read somewhere on this thread that the director was contentious toward Ryan Reynolds. I'm not sure I remember it correctly. Was it Bradley Cooper that he wanted?

Too bad the film had issues from the beginning.

I think I read somewhere on this thread that the director was contentious toward Ryan Reynolds. I'm not sure I remember it correctly. Was it Bradley Cooper that he wanted?
    Yes, and yes. (although maybe the director should have been more concerned about the script than the leading man)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-18-2020 at 08:09 AM.

The shoulder lines don't look bad depending on who draws them. Crazy the New-52 feels like ancient history at this point and it was less than a decade ago.

I'm reading Darkseid War and I love them shoulder lines lol

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So as I suspected Newsarama made a mistake and Earth-3 Power Ring is indeed John and not a black Hal. Apparently in Andy Schmidt's original pitch the character was supposed to be Hal but it was changed: https://twitter.com/39aAndy/status/1339596523391262720
    ok. that does make sense, because if it wasn't that would be sillier than what hal looked like in justice league action.

Solicitation for the final Morrison/Sharp issue.

Written by GRANT MORRISON
    Art and cover by LIAM SHARP
    Variant cover by LADRONN
    It's Hal Jordan vs. Hector Hammond, and our Emerald Knight will need to summon all of his willpower to face down the psionic madman. Check out Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp's grand finale more than two years in the making! This tale touches on every plot thread from the entire run, and it's fully charged with fantasy, sci-fi, and Green Lantern lore. Say it with us now, "In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night..."
    40 pages, $4.99, available on March 9.

Interesting that it all ends with Hector, but he does feel like a villain that Morrison would be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Solicitation for the final Morrison/Sharp issue.

Was not expecting Hammond to be the final boss, but he's Silver Age enough for me to believe Morrison would want to use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was not expecting Hammond to be the final boss, but he's Silver Age enough for me to believe Morrison would want to use him.
    I'm still hoping for the Invisible Destroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm still hoping for the Invisible Destroyer.
    I'm hoping for the Goldface.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Too bad the film had issues from the beginning.
    Yes, Campbell wanted Bradley Cooper and the studio wanted Ryan Reynolds, so Campbell reportedly made Reynolds life miserable throughout the shoot, which is the source of Reynolds constant mocking of his performance in the film. Reynolds was never making fun of the character of Hal Jordan, but rather his part in a movie that was creatively compromised from the start.

He’s no more insulting Green Lantern than George Clooney is insulting Batman when he makes fun of Batman & Robin.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, Campbell wanted Bradley Cooper and the studio wanted Ryan Reynolds, so Campbell reportedly made Reynolds life miserable throughout the shoot, which is the source of Reynolds constant mocking of his performance in the film. Reynolds was never making fun of the character of Hal Jordan, but rather his part in a movie that was creatively compromised from the start.

He’s no more insulting Green Lantern than George Clooney is insulting Batman when he makes fun of Batman & Robin.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I... At least that movie introduced me to Taika Waititi.