Page 108 of 233 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3484
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I like the look on Black Adam's face.

Yeah, you better be worried.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what I mean by tying together the seemingly contradictory aspects of the character. Can he be a cowboy adventurer with balls of steel? Yes. But he's also an emotionally open, caring, intelligent (not necessarily in a tech-savvy way) and introspective person. That's the difference between somebody like Hawkman and Hal. Hawkman and Ollie are indeed polar opposites. Hal genuinely cares which is why the idea that some form of injustice might have escaped his sight immediately leads to him to course-correction (though obviously I think the original GL/GA run could have handled Hal's characterization much better but that's my generous reading of it as a Hal fan).
    For me, the biggest difference between Morrison and Johns is how they approach Hal's core. Johns's Hal is trying to prove something. Morrison's Hal has an inner peace that we haven't seen in the character in a very long time.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    For me, the biggest difference between Morrison and Johns is how they approach Hal's core. Johns's Hal is trying to prove something. Morrison's Hal has an inner peace that we haven't seen in the character in a very long time.
    That's a fair observation. Probably why I'm very much enjoying Morrison on Green Lantern and why Johns lost a lot of steam after Blackest Night.

Having Hal play cosmic billiards was exactly what I needed to read at the time I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's a fair observation. Probably why I'm very much enjoying Morrison on Green Lantern and why Johns lost a lot of steam after Blackest Night.

Having Hal play cosmic billiards was exactly what I needed to read at the time I read it.
    Yeah, Hal's unflappable nature in the face of insane and perilous situations has made Hal the perfect kind of hero for me these days...

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Agreed. 10 chars.

I think there was less of a need to prove himself later in Johns' run but it was definitely an aspect when Johns' Hal first started out as a GL, his dynamic with Sinestro, and to some degree when he came back after Rebirth.

Astonishing Member

I am now worried how Hal will be written after Morrison's run. What are the chances that Grant will extend?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I am now worried how Hal will be written after Morrison's run. What are the chances that Grant will extend?
    I would say 0%. He said he had about 24 issues of story to tell. Morrison knows when to leave before he's worn out his welcome. It's why he's never returned to Doom Patrol.

Morrison says he is done writing mainstream superhero comics. That said, I'm sure DC will dangle something in front of him that will bring him back doing something for them at some point, as long as he gets to do his own thing. So, it's possible he might end up writing Hal Jordan again at some point, but not his solo book.

His last mainstream superhero work will be Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 3, which will finish that story.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I mean that was after his whole Parallax/Zero Hour stint, so he did have a little bit to prove such as not being a power hungry maniac looking to rewrite the universe.....I say this as someone who really likes Hal, but he did just come off a bad period in time in the 90’s. That said I’m glad it’s moved on since I would say the Sinestro Corp War and Blackest Night. Morrison’s kind of had the Hal who’s made up for most/if not all of that but he’s definitely made good use of it, especially in BlackStars which is probably my favorite part of Morrison’s run.

Is this Convergence?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

so sorry. i couldn't remember where i found this. i don't recognize the signatures either.

i remember seeing this and thinking how cool the parallax armor is.

so sorry. i couldn't remember where i found this. i don't recognize the signatures either.
    This worked for me:

Right click -> Image search ->
    -> Skip all the evil printerest crap links that try and co-opt your search and internet content trap in their site.
    -> Till you get to something that looks like the actual legit source.

= Deviantart- Parallax Vs Shazam, Black Adam and Atrocitus

Pencil: José Luis - https://www.deviantart.com/joseluisarts/gallery (If not already DC and/or Marvel should hire him.

Inks: Mano Araujo - https://www.deviantart.com/manoarauj...itus-523532308

Colors xXNightblade08Xx - https://www.deviantart.com/xxnightbl...itus-640774720
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-01-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean that was after his whole Parallax/Zero Hour stint, so he did have a little bit to prove such as not being a power hungry maniac looking to rewrite the universe.....I say this as someone who really likes Hal, but he did just come off a bad period in time in the 90’s. That said I’m glad it’s moved on since I would say the Sinestro Corp War and Blackest Night. Morrison’s kind of had the Hal who’s made up for most/if not all of that but he’s definitely made good use of it, especially in BlackStars which is probably my favorite part of Morrison’s run.
    ?
    Yeah, I think Hal did have a lot to prove right after his rebirth, but I'm glad we're getting the more mellow version from Morrison now.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    This worked for me:

Right click -> Image search ->
    -> Skip all the evil printerest crap links that try and co-opt your search and internet content trap in their site.
    -> Till you get to something that looks like the actual legit source.

= Deviantart- Parallax Vs Shazam, Black Adam and Atrocitus

Pencil: José Luis - https://www.deviantart.com/joseluisarts/gallery (If not already DC and/or Marvel should hire him.

Inks: Mano Araujo - https://www.deviantart.com/manoarauj...itus-523532308

Colors xXNightblade08Xx - https://www.deviantart.com/xxnightbl...itus-640774720
    thanks guicho!

Yeah, I think Hal did have a lot to prove right after his rebirth, but I'm glad we're getting the more mellow version from Morrison now.
    it's refreshing to see hal confident and capable.