Page 168 of 233 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That is not a good Darkseid design.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Pretty sure most people in-universe want to forget that.
    LOL, good point.

It's Guy's face that really makes the scene.
    He loves it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    haven't really followed death metal, so i have no idea what's happening here...

and how is batgirl able to support that arm?
    If I understand it correctly, this is a nightmare universe where the Trinity must go through continuous Crises - this one in particular is the Final Crisis loop, so those characters aren't even the Prime Earth Hal, Cass, or Kara.

I mean, Hal and the other GL's from Earth, along with Justice Incarnate, were destroying multiversal tuning forks in Multiverse's End.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

So, apparently, the HBO Max show is about everyone but Hal, John, and Kyle, which was likely because those characters were meant to be used in the films which will now almost certainly never happen.

This would be infuriating if it wasn't so hilarious.

Hey come on now you've told me how many times not to get mad about this stuff so let's indeed laugh about it. Anyway here's Hal by Alex Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    So, apparently, the HBO Max show is about everyone but Hal, John, and Kyle, which was likely because those characters were meant to be used in the films which will now almost certainly never happen.

Yeah, major bummer Hal's not in the show. At least we always have TAS

Though Jess and Alan are follow-ups for GL behind Hal, so nice to see them get some love.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-09-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The people who did the movie have a hand in this, so it may be a blessing in disguise.

Incredible Member

Sigh. I still think WB owes us a HalÂ’s Batman Begins. None of the animations or the movie ever dug into how Hal has become this fearless pilot, how he overcame all the obstacles chasing his dreams. That movie was supposed to do it but it was plainly bad and Hal was just ooc with those absurd PTSD.

What makes you think the films won’t happen? Unless they go all in on Zack Snyder again I don’t see why they wouldn't make a GL movie.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Sigh. I still think WB owes us a HalÂ’s Batman Begins. None of the animations or the movie ever dug into how Hal has become this fearless pilot, how he overcame all the obstacles chasing his dreams. That movie was supposed to do it but it was plainly bad and Hal was just ooc with those absurd PTSD.
    I thought the early films in the animated line were pretty good representation of Hal, though granted New Frontier was an adaptation of a single story. At least before the continuity films that started with JL:War though to be fair almost no one was really greatly portrayed across that continuity.

Incredible Member

I thought the early films in the animated line were pretty good representation of Hal, though granted New Frontier was an adaptation of a single story. At least before the continuity films that started with JL:War though to be fair almost no one was really greatly portrayed across that continuity.
    There were animations with good depiction of Hal. But I want a show or film about how he becomes who he is, how he admires his father, why he loves flying and yearns for the sky and the universe, how he loves and conflicts with his families, how he fits in the corps and becomes the best among others, how he meets his mentor and best friend yet they go their separate ways. There are so many things could adapt about Hal yet haven’t shown to the wider audience. I just want a show with a consistent story about the life story of Hal. Sadly we haven’t got one.

Astonishing Member

Mixed emotions for the HBO show.

Happy for the GL franchise, but really disappointed (and frustrated) that Hal wasn't mentioned.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hey come on now you've told me how many times not to get mad about this stuff so let's indeed laugh about it. Anyway here's Hal by Alex Ross.

WOW! Amazing!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Mixed emotions for the HBO show.

Happy for the GL franchise, but really disappointed (and frustrated) that Hal wasn't mentioned.
    I feel the same way.

Nathan Fillion right? I know he voiced Hal in at least one animated movie.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.