Page 176 of 233 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3484
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jessica and Simon definitely imply some Johns influence since they're his creations. And, y'know, Sinestro .

I don't think the GL franchise will ever have an undisputed lead character. The fandom is too divided.
    It had. Before 90s.
    Well, I will continue to vote with my feet. And WB and DC can decide which fandom to please that benefits the most.

Astonishing Member

Things that I think would help with my fustration with DC/WB:

- A GL Earth One volume 3 for next year.
    - news that Hal would still have his own series and part of a team series.
    - an Invicibros spin off.
    - actually a revival of GLTAS would be better.
    - announcement of the GL movie with Hal as or one of the lead.
    - Hal and Carol gets included in the HBO series.
    - an Injustice 3 announcement with Hal and Carol part of the roster.
    - a new animated movie.

Any of those will do.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    One of the things I realized during my "hiatus" was that I've never really known what it's like to be a GL fan during a time when Hal Jordan didn't feel like he was a top priority. When I was first introduced to the character(I knew about him before that but I did not take active interest in the franchise until then) was around that 2007/2008 period of the Sinestro Corps War. As you can imagine at the time Hal, deservedly so, was treated like a superstar and that was my first real introduction to him. If I was introduced to him about a decade earlier I'd probably have a very different idea of who Hal Jordan was. So when I first heard they were making a GL movie starring Hal I didn't even think twice about it. I was like "Of course it will star Hal, who else would it star, it won't make any sense to be about anyone else". He was the lead guy, the "spark that started the everlasting fire" or whatever he was called in that final Johns issue. In my mind, combined with his founding JL status, that's who Hal Jordan always was, the guy you could rarely ever do anything GL-related without.

So naturally when I first started seeing he was being pushed aside, promoted less and less or shafted from outside media projects more often, it frustrated me a lot because I couldn't understand it. They were doing things to the character that in my mind didn't make sense. Why would you exclude him from this event, why would you kill him off in a 3 second flashback scene in Apokolips War, why ridicule him in that animated film, why keep him out of the League for nearly a decade, why have the New-52 line-up on Fandome merchandise yet have John instead of Hal on it, etc etc. It got so bad for me to the point where I had to take a step back and see the cyclical nature of the franchise for what it was. I think Bored put it best once when he said that just because Hal has been one of DC's top characters doesn't mean he will always be treated that way. That's the part I couldn't realize or accept, because to me that's not what Green Lantern was.

The point in my usual long rambling, that I know all of you here love so much, don't lie, is that Green Lantern isn't always going to be what I want it to be. Hal will not always be the main priority, for all I know he may not even have another solo title anytime soon or not show up in outside media for years to come. The silver lining is that at this point Hal is so ingrained in GL and DC mythology that I don't think he is the kind of character they can easily get rid of, especially given their past history with the character. At this point they'd have to get really creative if they decide they want to get rid of him again, cause lord knows they've done everything from character assassinating him to killing him off to sidelining him many times before. Whenever he's absent from anything GL-related, there's going to be a substantial group of people wondering what's going on. Because of his success in the 2000s, there's also many people, including younger professionals, whose first introduction to the franchise was Hal, and he'll always be their guy because of that. Many Star Trek fans for instance were introduced to The New Generation with Picard and Data and all those great characters, but Kirk and Spock eventually came back because they were the OGs and they had value to the series that just couldn't be replaced for good. Hal Jordan will similarly always have value to DC, Green Lantern or the Justice League, the level of his status will simply fluctuate depending on which characters, aka corporate IPs, WB/DC find best suited to put the spotlight on for the specific era we happen to live in.
    DING! DING! DING!

This is something that I had to learn as well, but, once you understand that the GL franchise is never going to be about just one main character, it opens up the whole thing in such great ways. I love Hal Jordan, but I don't want his particular flavor to become the default for GLs in the DCU. I want an ebb and flow of different characters each getting their own cool showcase.

Hal got two seasons of one of the best DCAU shows in history. He is the star of New Frontier, Sinestro Corps War, and Blackest Night. His legacy is secure.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Things that I think would help with my fustration with DC/WB:

- A GL Earth One volume 3 for next year.
    - news that Hal would still have his own series and part of a team series.
    - an Invicibros spin off.
    - actually a revival of GLTAS would be better.
    - announcement of the GL movie with Hal as or one of the lead.
    - Hal and Carol gets included in the HBO series.
    - an Injustice 3 announcement with Hal and Carol part of the roster.
    - a new animated movie.

Any of those will do.
    I’d be happy for all of those except Injustice 3. Though wouldn’t be surprised if Carol or someone like Larfleeze shows up when it happens since they’ve already done the other colored Corps.

Though with NRS she’ll probably have a costume that will make her 2000s one look good in comparison.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I’d be happy for all of those except Injustice 3. Though wouldn’t be surprised if Carol or someone like Larfleeze shows up when it happens since they’ve already done the other colored Corps.

Though with NRS she’ll probably have a costume that will make her 2000s one look good in comparison.
    Well maybe another game where Superman and the League aren't the antagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Well, the outfits for the MK ladies have gotten a tad more conservative as of late, so I wouldn't expect something super skimpy...although you can probably edit to be that way .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the outfits for the MK ladies have gotten a tad more conservative as of late, so I wouldn't expect something super skimpy...although you can probably edit to be that way .
    Not really thinking in terms of skimpy, she could be covered head-to-toe like a Nun and it would still probably be overdesigned mess like most of the Injustice costumes are.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So assuming from the January Solicitations we are on a 2 month break from Morrison's Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    So assuming from the January Solicitations we are on a 2 month break from Morrison's Green Lantern.

Annoying but I guess Lee was serious about not wanting to do one big relaunch, and instead focus on each area of the DCU. First up in March will be the Superfamily since Bendis will be off the Superbooks so we’ll need new writers for those, and a new writer for JL (which will probably be Bendis). We’ll get a new GL series in May, hopefully with at least two new series like what we got with Rebirth.

Incredible Member

I really don’t understand why the suspension as Hal is not part of the event.

I already asked this question but no one seems to know the answer. Remember at the end of season 1 when Hal was forced to use the miracle machine to create another universe, the weaponeer 666 was still wrecking havoc alongside the borderman creature. Since Hal only transported Mu and Belzebeth to another universe it means the original wasn't altered and the events that were happening at that moment still happened. So what happened? Did the lanterns manage to push them back? Season 2 starts and it's never addressed I'm starting to feel Hal is in fake reality. Thoughts?