Page 85 of 233 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i did not know this. who did campbell want as hal jordan?
    I'm pretty sure he wanted Bradley Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm pretty sure he wanted Bradley Cooper.
    bradley cooper would have been a great hal jordan.

He would've probably taken the movie's failure with more dignity than making a fool out of himself about it a decade after the fact.

Don’t think Hal got as bad a treatment as say Wonder Woman did in Injustice but doing a pseudo-rehash of Emerald Twilight in the story is somewhere on the list for the reasons I dislike that property.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He would've probably taken the movie's failure with more dignity than making a fool out of himself about it a decade after the fact.
    Reynolds really likes to remind people how much he didn't like working on this film.

Astonishing Member

bradley cooper would have been a great hal jordan.
    Yes. He would have. Good actor that can do both drama and comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Don’t think Hal got as bad a treatment as say Wonder Woman did in Injustice but doing a pseudo-rehash of Emerald Twilight in the story is somewhere on the list for the reasons I dislike that property.
    May not be over yet. Brainiac erased Coast City in Injustice 2. What usually tends to happen to Hal Jordan after his hometown is destroyed? This time it could be the actual ET, not only a pseudo-rehash. After all this universe is about fallen heroes anyway and Hal could be the first hero who went bad, redeemed himself and then went bad again.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-27-2020 at 03:09 AM.

May not be over yet. Brainiac erased Coast City in Injustice 2. What usually tends to happen to Hal Jordan after his hometown is destroyed? This time it could be the actual ET, not only a pseudo-rehash. After all this universe is about fallen heroes anyway and Hal could be the first hero who went bad, redeemed himself and then went bad again.
    i haven't been following. is injustice still on-going?

i haven't been following. is injustice still on-going?
    If you mean the Injustice comic, no, but I'm pretty sure there would be a 3rd Injustice game. So as far as Hal is concerned, it can really go either way. Creators are clearly not mandated to use him as the representative GL in outside media anymore, so I can easily see them turning him into Parallax or shafting him from the game in general.

I mean, none of the endings in the game seemed to indicate that though. The implications was he would be leading the new Justice League with the kids along with Barry.

I'd be surprised if they went that route but yeah, not looking forward to whenever NR announces the third game.

Am a little biased since just about every DC character I like got thrown under the bus in that game and the comics.

Extraordinary Member

This might be the weirdest post from me yet.

Recently, a black man was died while in police custody in Minneapolis. The incident was recorded on video. One of the arresting officers literally had his knee on the man's neck. You can hear the man saying he can't breathe. For all intents, and purposes, the man died on camera.

All the officers involved were fired. The FBI is investigating.

What does this have to do with Hal Jordan?

A GL is a space cop. A cop taking authority to the extreme, and utilizing brutality on a helpless suspect is....well....how I view Sinestro. This is how I view his running his sector, and ruling his home world. This is part of why I feel disgust whenever I feel Sinestro is presented as something of an anti-hero (some of you have read my rants over the years).

Regarding the case in Minneapolis, none of fired officers on the scene intervened.

In my mind, Hal would have (or a cop with his resolve). Hal would never have stood by, and let that situation get out of control.

Some people are actually showing more sympathy for the cops losing their than the man who died in their custody. Some people were rationalizing his death, and justifying the behavior of the officers involved. I'm like: what kind of Sinestro sh!t is this?! Some view Sinestro as a not so bad guy. I see Sinestro giving those cops yellow rings.

On a side note, DC should have way more Earth-born Yellow Lanterns than Green Lanterns, imo.

I've had a few run-ins with law enforcement in my life. A cop drew his gun on me as I was waiting for AAA assistance with my girlfriend at the time (after midnight). My gal freaked out, but I already had previous run-ins with abusive cops, and maintained my cool. A seemingly mundane event can turn deadly depending on the mind-set of some cops.

Anyway, I always appreciated Hal reporting Sinestro to the Guardians after he visited Korugar. I also appreciated the resolve Hal showed when Sinestro made him the focus of his rage afterwards. It takes a lot to go against the grain, and do the right thing. Hey, that's what heroes do, as MCU Thor would say.

Hal was my favorite watching Superfriends. As I grew up, I really appreciated Hal more as a character, particularly when it comes to law enforcement. This case in MN made me think if Hal & Sinestro.

I could very well be losing my mind with self-isolation comparing real life tragedy with comics.

Thank you for sharing this. I feel for George Floyd's loved ones in this difficult time. As far as Hal is concerned, I think the worst part is that DC eventually made him worse than Sinestro in that regard, space bug retcon and all. For a character like Hal who has seen everything there is to see and fought against any evil there was to fight, to even begin thinking about abusing his power no matter the circumstances, really shows the lowest point of this franchise in my mind. It's not even shock value for the sake of shock value, Emerald Twilight was an utter disgrace.