Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Zatanna Zatara: Appreciation 2020

New year, new decade, new Zatanna thread.
    Discuss all things about DC's sorceress supreme!

Really hoping Zatanna ends up getting a mini somewhere down the line, really loving her in JLD. Honestly wouldn’t mind Tynion writing her mini, he writes her well imo.

Extraordinary Member

I can't for the life of me understand why the CW hasn't developed a Zatanna series. I'd much rather watch that than Batwoman or Stargirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Really hoping Zatanna ends up getting a mini somewhere down the line, really loving her in JLD. Honestly wouldn’t mind Tynion writing her mini, he writes her well imo.
    I agree. Didn't Gail Simone hint she would write her

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I can't for the life of me understand why the CW hasn't developed a Zatanna series. I'd much rather watch that than Batwoman or Stargirl.
    Perhaps it's a budget issue? Her powers are a lot flashier than Constantine's

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I think Zatanna has been written.pretty well in JLD and given a prominent role.

But I do prefer her to be written in a lighter tone so I would like her to get a mini or even be featured in.another book with her more fun and playful side featured.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

But I do prefer her to be written in a lighter tone so I would like her to get a mini or even be featured in.another book with her more fun and playful side featured.
    I agree. To me, Zee works better in superhero stories. Also she needs to have a sense of showmanship and her tophat

Justice League Action had a pretty great Zatanna.

I'm with you!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Probably considered off limits by the film department of WB since they were developing a JLD movie.

As for why this wouldn't affect Constantine; these things are random and arbitrary.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

Yeah, I prefer her to be lighter and act as a contrast to the darkness of the magical side of the DCU. Also would like to see her cultivate relationships with someone besides Constantine. Maybe bring in Artemis from YJ?

Happy New Year to the Mistress of Magic .

Right now I'd just be happy to see her finally leave the JLD costume behind and get back to her snazzier classic duds.

What's the best power signature for Zatanna

Sparkles

or jld's lightning effect

My favorite one is sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    What's the best power signature for Zatanna

Sparkles

or jld's lightning effect

My favorite one is sparkles
    I'd go with sparkles too. She's a female stage magician, her powers should be "showy."

Justice League Action used them very effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    New year, new decade, new Zatanna thread.
    Discuss all things about DC's sorceress supreme!

that's really pretty. who drew this?

This is the best modernized Zatanna look ever. I hope it stays

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that's really pretty. who drew this?
    Alvaro Martinez Bueno

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd go with sparkles too. She's a female stage magician, her powers should be "showy."

Justice League Action used them very effectively.
    Showiness is part of what Zatanna does, but to me her showiness should always have a purpose. To entertain, to impress, or to misdirect. That was one of the best parts of the Zatanna story in New Talent Showcase 2018. Zatanna defeated the enemy with the piece of magic that everyone missed she did.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Showiness is part of what Zatanna does, but to me her showiness should always have a purpose. To entertain, to impress, or to misdirect. That was one of the best parts of the Zatanna story in New Talent Showcase 2018. Zatanna defeated the enemy with the piece of magic that everyone missed she did.
    Yeah, but being a living sparkler/glitter bomb suits her imo