Page 127 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3484
    Extraordinary Member

I really hope DC/WB gets themselves together, and put out a viable live action Hal Jordan.

It will be the only way to shut Ryan Reynolds up. Now Dwayne Johnson has gotten in on the act.

On the plus side, I now want to see a Green Lantern & Hawkman buddy adventure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I really hope DC/WB gets themselves together, and put out a viable live action Hal Jordan.

It will be the only way to shut Ryan Reynolds up. Now Dwayne Johnson has gotten in on the act.

On the plus side, I now want to see a Green Lantern & Hawkman buddy adventure.
    I've heard that Ryan Reynolds made a video. But what did The Rock do?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I've heard that Ryan Reynolds made a video. But what did The Rock do?
    They acting like Booster & Beetle on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If there were a "Smallville"/"Gotham" type show with Hal, what other aspects of GL or DC lore can be used? (Manhunters and their infiltration agents have already been mentioned)
    -- There can be a Martian Manhunter story similar to what Cooke did in "New Frontier"
    -- Hal's pilot buddy Larry Trainor has a mysterious accident and disappears even though he survived. People around the project are either transferred or die by a series of mysterious accidents.
    -- Hector Hammond was depicted briefly in the comics as a thorn in Hal's side before the got the Big Head. Keep him as a regular in a similar capacity or as the creepy longtime acquaintance /scientist like in the movie. They could even be friends in a Clark/Lex kinda way. Maybe down the line he gets affected by a meteor and begins to develop psychic powers (but doesn't go full-on giant head yet)
    -- A non-Arrowverse STAR labs could appear from time to time.
    -- Mikaal Thomas - the Blue Starman could pop up.
    -- Speaking of "New Frontier," why not introduce The Center and his minions?
    -- New Gods incursions could happen at anytime. No reason to think that Darkseid didn't have spies in places other than Metropolis in his search for anti-Life.
    -- Bruce Gordon/Eclipso could be there, first as a scientist then later as perhaps someone suffering from DID perhaps before he even becomes Eclipso. (or cheat and have him become Eclipso anyway)
    -- Gotta have an episode with The Wrecking Crew
    -- Perhaps they'll establish that there were rumors of a spacecraft crashing years ago in Kansas somewhere ....
    -- ... and then later on, actually have Superman be part of the world where Lois publishes that first story about him and then everyone knows for sure that aliens exist and see how that ripples out to affect things moving forward. In my fantasyland, that would maybe start off the final season after a nice 6 season run. (six seasons then a movie!)
    It would be a good way of developing Green Lantern's Earth Rogues Gallery since they would probably be easier to introduce/setup compared to some of the alien villains before he actually becomes Green Lantern.
    I hope the tragic death of Martin Jordan remains an accident. I understand Carl Ferris having to live under some suspicion of malice or incompetence.

Perhaps this drives him to push Carol so hard.
    Per Secret Origin he felt extremely guilty for what happened and the guilt effected him so adversely to the point where Carol was forced to take over the company.

Spectacular Member

same goes to me, I like the recent design too

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be a good way of developing Green Lantern's Earth Rogues Gallery since they would probably be easier to introduce/setup compared to some of the alien villains before he actually becomes Green Lantern.

Per Secret Origin he felt extremely guilty for what happened and the guilt effected him so adversely to the point where Carol was forced to take over the company.
    It's been a minute since I read it, but I like Carl being a sympathetic "antagonist".

I hope the tragic death of Martin Jordan remains an accident. I understand Carl Ferris having to live under some suspicion of malice or incompetence.

Perhaps this drives him to push Carol so hard.
    was the accident more of a pilot error, or the plane itself not functioning as it was designed?

i'm also open with the corporate espionage idea, that maybe a writer could work on in the future.

(actually, this may be better on an elseworlds title, how about the if most of the "accidents" related to some of the justice league members were related. martin jordan, nora allen, the waynes... a devious plot by a cosmic entity... sorry, that sounded like cheap fan fiction).

"I said I'd catch you if you fall
    And if they laugh then f*ck 'em all."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    was the accident more of a pilot error, or the plane itself not functioning as it was designed?

i'm also open with the corporate espionage idea, that maybe a writer could work on in the future.

(actually, this may be better on an elseworlds title, how about the if most of the "accidents" related to some of the justice league members were related. martin jordan, nora allen, the waynes... a devious plot by a cosmic entity... sorry, that sounded like cheap fan fiction).
    My preference is it was a freak accident, and not any outside influence caused the death of Martin Jordan. Still, it works in-story for some to believe sabotage was involved.

The more I think about it.....did Martin have life insurance?

If I was a rival of Carl Ferris, I would have sent an ambulance chaser to the Jordan home pronto.

The Jordan family could have/should have received some compensation, but too much that might undermine their (I'm assuming) working class status.

I recall that Dick Grayson received compensation following the deaths of his parents (and Lucius Fox turned it to a small fortune). I'm not sure if that is still in continuity.

Clearly, I'm putting too much thought in this.

I'd rather Hal not have some dark conspirator messing with his life before getting the ring.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    "I said I'd catch you if you fall
    And if they laugh then f*ck 'em all."

Kinda-Sorta Déjà vu?

Extraordinary Member

Carol really help drives the GL narrative, when she's around.

The real question is: would Hal's former state governor consider him a choir boy?

When your Bro throws shade at your lady.

Dirty cop.

Hal in Injustice: Year Zero.

Incredible Member

We need more Alan/Hal stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    We need more Alan/Hal stories.
    Yes. I need morenof those. Or even with the whole JSA.

And more Hal and Barry stories. And Hal and the Justice League stories.

I wouldn't mind a Hal and the Doom Patrol story too.

Unfortunately either Hal needs to stop hanging out in space so much or Alan Scott needs to go more cosmic.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.