Page 201 of 233 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Makes you wonder how Crisis would have bern resolved if Hal didn't got sidelined.
    Was that time he became a one man Crisis

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I just hope Bendis doesn’t get the title.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Who would be a good writer to take over from Grant?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Not really sure what he'd do with a space book but in the time he's written Hal, Bendis hasn't actually been that bad with him.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Makes you wonder how Crisis would have bern resolved if Hal didn't got sidelined.
    Final Crisis did a pretty good job of what happens when Hal Jordan gets involved. He lead an army of GLs against a Vampire Monitor.

In Infinite Crisis, he's there at the end, helping punch Superboy-Prime into the red sun.

In Zero Hour Crisis in Time! Hal punches out Superman's mullet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Huh, that image triggered another in my head.

Now, I can't help but this is a homage cover.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 12-03-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not really sure what he'd do with a space book but in the time he's written Hal, Bendis hasn't actually been that bad with him.
    I like how Bendis carried over the LEGO-verse idea that Superman is uncomfortable around Hal Jordan, who really likes Superman. It was funny.

There was a hangdog quality to Bendis's Hal. If he did a Hal run, I think it'd be fun. I want to see Waid doing Superman again, but who knows what's going to happen.

That wasn't quite my read on their dynamic, but maybe I'd just rather Supes and Hal just be bros .

I dunno. Bendis' handling of the cosmic side in Superman hasn't been half-bad but he was kind of terrible with Marvel cosmic. I'm not sure how I feel about him on a GL book.

He didn't really capture Kilowog's voice in his one appearance in his Superman run and he thought we needed Teen Lantern, but he'd probably end up writing John or doing a Teen Lantern solo.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I like how Bendis carried over the LEGO-verse idea that Superman is uncomfortable around Hal Jordan, who really likes Superman. It was funny.

There was a hangdog quality to Bendis's Hal. If he did a Hal run, I think it'd be fun. I want to see Waid doing Superman again, but who knows what's going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That wasn't quite my read on their dynamic, but maybe I'd just rather Supes and Hal just be bros .

I dunno. Bendis' handling of the cosmic side in Superman hasn't been half-bad but he was kind of terrible with Marvel cosmic. I'm not sure how I feel about him on a GL book.

He didn't really capture Kilowog's voice in his one appearance in his Superman run and he thought we needed Teen Lantern, but he'd probably end up writing John or doing a Teen Lantern solo.
    My take was somewhere in the middle. More that Clark was Hal's big brother that he looked up to but Clark saw him as his overeager little brother that sometimes got a bit annoying.

It was funny. Much moreso than his Flash, sad to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    My take was somewhere in the middle. More that Clark was Hal's big brother that he looked up to but Clark saw him as his overeager little brother that sometimes got a bit annoying.

It was funny. Much moreso than his Flash, sad to say.
    Which is kind of weird to think when they seem so similar in age to me and Hal actually has brothers, but what the hey .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Which is kind of weird to think when they seem so similar in age to me and Hal actually has brothers, but what the hey .
    DC really wants you to forget that their universe have civilians, don't they? I was just explaining to a coworker that Hal has a brother Jim "and not the jackass in Congress," and the idea of Hal just having a brother that was some regular dude with a family just seemed so novel to him.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Who would be a good writer to take over from Grant?
    Honestly, I’d love to see Jeff Lemire, Ram V, Saladin Ahmed, or Matt Kindt, just off the top of my head.

Williamson too could be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    His sci-fi concepts just don’t hold up. He may have great ideas, but the conclusions rarely pay off well.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-04-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Hal has had complicated relationships with his big brother (less so with his younger brother). I kinda viewed it as Hal projecting a bit on Superman as his idealized big brother figure and Clark, an only child, being a little unsure how to take it.

It's subtext and I don't think I'd ever want Bendis or anyone else to underline too deeply, but that's how I've always viewed it. Supes & Hal are the two biggest guns in the DCU in terms of raw power, yet Hal always feels lesser than in comparison to Superman and Hal Jordan almost never feels lesser than.

Hal/Supes and Hal/Bats are both interesting relationships. It's a shame that Hal/Diana never gets explored much.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

I've not been a fan of Bendis' Hal from what I've seen/read, lol.