Page 107 of 233 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3484
    Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I agree about Superman but an introvert like Barry probably needs his extroverted buddy Hal to remind him to loosen up every now and then.
    Yeah, can see that happening. Though Barry would probably be super self-conscious and it would come off as goofy lol.

I like how Adams made Hal's nose visible through the mask. Though it still makes you wonder why he wears it when it doesn't protect his identity at all.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I don't think I could ever get used to seeing Hal's eyes through his mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I like how Adams made Hal's nose visible through the mask. Though it still makes you wonder why he wears it when it doesn't protect his identity at all.
    I know you're just joking, but if they ever want to address it, they could just easily say that it's not about hiding your identity as much as it was supposed to just be a part of the uniform and an indicator of their office but that some Lanterns chose to not wear it when they were allowed to customize their uniforms. (like after the first Crisis) At this point, I think Hal looks weird without it.

I mean, jokes aside, domino masks seem to be pretty commonly regarded in-universe as an effective means of concealing one's identity.

Astonishing Member

Finally read the 80th Anniversary Special. I like Denny O'Niel's story the most. It was nice of Superman to let his Fortress be used.

So Hal was age 10 when his dad died. Poor kid.

I get why Geoff wrote Batman in Hal's story, but it was at the expense of Hal. I thonk it would have been better if Barry was used instead.

Parallax with Black Adam, Captain Marvel...and Atrocitus ?

Astonishing Member

is this a commission? if not what is it from? I love the Darryl Banks Parallax armor and can't believe I missed an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    is this a commission? if not what is it from? I love the Darryl Banks Parallax armor and can't believe I missed an appearance.
    It looks a little too professional to be a commission, but you never know...

I was just thinking about The New Frontier and how amazing and mind-blowing it is that Hal Jordan was willing to talk openly about his experiences in a psychiatric ward, in the 1950s. A lot of people would have trouble talking about that today. If there's one single thing that's my favorite thing about Hal Jordan, that's it. You'd expect a cowboy like him to be a little more averse to emotional openness, but instead, Jordan says "Get help for your mental health, it was one of my best choices."
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I was just thinking about The New Frontier and how amazing and mind-blowing it is that Hal Jordan was willing to talk openly about his experiences in a psychiatric ward, in the 1950s. A lot of people would have trouble talking about that today. If there's one single thing that's my favorite thing about Hal Jordan, that's it. You'd expect a cowboy like him to be a little more averse to emotional openness, but instead, Jordan says "Get help for your mental health, it was one of my best choices."
    Yeah, that's exactly what I mean by tying together the seemingly contradictory aspects of the character. Can he be a cowboy adventurer with balls of steel? Yes. But he's also an emotionally open, caring, intelligent (not necessarily in a tech-savvy way) and introspective person. That's the difference between somebody like Hawkman and Hal. Hawkman and Ollie are indeed polar opposites. Hal genuinely cares which is why the idea that some form of injustice might have escaped his sight immediately leads to him to course-correction (though obviously I think the original GL/GA run could have handled Hal's characterization much better but that's my generous reading of it as a Hal fan).
    Last edited by Mutatis_Mutandis; 06-29-2020 at 03:01 PM.