Page 215 of 233 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    RIP Chuck Yeager.

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    Was your Future State story supposed to be your original plan for the cancelled 5g relaunch?
    5G was and remains irrelevant to the story I pitched for John. Mr. Didio thought my story would fit with his plans and I was cool with that. Nothing was even written beyond the original pitch before he left DC. I figured with his exit the project would be dead since almost nothing had been done on it at that point. A few weeks later I get a call expressing continued interest so, 5G or FUTURE STATE, what's about to happen would have been pretty much identical because the story predates both.

That said, it's not exactly what i pitched (because that never happens). There are obviously things going on across the line that influence all the other things that are happening so modifications had to be made for that. But this is the story I've wanted to tell.

It's not what anyone expects either in terms of John or any of the other Lanterns.

I'm pretty sure that's why it made the cut in the first place.

While no GL has an explicit target on his, her, their or its back, neither is any GL safe from permanent damage or death. That includes John.

I keep stressing that I do this for a living. I don't do "Mary Sue" comics or characters. Never ever.

One of the biggest criticisms of my tenure on the Black Panther show was that I "let" the hero fail and get his butt kicked too much. Heh.

That's why anyone who's worried about what I will do to Hal or how I might "use John to eclipse the others" is only showing they don't know me, my work or what they're talking about.

I promise an EXTREMELY bumpy ride for all players. ALL players.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Changing subject, while it’s nothing to spectacular Jeff Lemire gives Hal a decent showing over in Last Stories of the DC universe today. It’s basically a contemplative Hal before the big fight goes down and he gets a moment with Sinestro, it ends on a high note that is kind of nice. I don’t think it’s too inventive but it’s a nice Hal story overall.
    It's a nice little story. Lemire certainly knows that Hal is forgiving to a fault.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Hi Mr. Redjack! I've gotta ask, what do you think of Hal's depiction in The New Frontier or GL:TAS?
    Also, your did you pitch your GL ongoing after given Future State or was it just everything together?

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Hi Mr. Redjack! I've gotta ask, what do you think of Hal's depiction in The New Frontier or GL:TAS?
    Also, your did you pitch your GL ongoing after given Future State or was it just everything together?
    Actually quite liked both of those. And, in the case of TAS, i REALLY didn't expect to. I watched because some of my friends were writers on it. As has often been the case in recent years, the animation folks do these characters and properties more justice than is done in the source material (IMO).

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/07/34189...-and-then-some

This article on Chuck Yeager sums up why I think this was the real life Hal Jordan.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    As has often been the case in recent years, the animation folks do these characters and properties more justice than is done in the source material (IMO).
    I tend to agree!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Morrison's come out as non-binary, just for what it's worth .
    Thanks Frontier, I completely forgot.

Went back and edited it.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'd like to see a portion of the DCU composed of Hal, Carol, Oiver, Dinah, Roy, Barry, Wally, Ralph and Sue.

I feel that they have a strong bond to each other not only because they've been teammates, but also spent their private lives together.
    Me too. Add Iris as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's a nice little story. Lemire certainly knows that Hal is forgiving to a fault.
    Is he Hal Jordan or Son Halku (Goku)?

It works for Goku (and other anime protagonists), but I just can't wrap my brain around Hal doing that with Sinestro.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 12-08-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Is he Hal Jordan or Son Halku (Goku)?

It works for Goku (and other anime protagonists), but I just can't wrap my brain around Hal doing that with Sinestro.
    I avoided Death Metal like the plague, but I did read The Last Stories (because I thought it would be something else), but in this story, everybody, heores and villains are preparing to fight against evil Batman in the "last battle ever!", so it makes sense for Hal to let Sinestro go out the way he wanted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Me too. Add Iris as well.
    Those are the things that I'd like to be injected in stories I'd like to see more.

I feel that those close ties Hal has with his families and friends make him real.

I mean, how many heroes have that defined relationship as much as Hal has.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Actually quite liked both of those. And, in the case of TAS, i REALLY didn't expect to. I watched because some of my friends were writers on it. As has often been the case in recent years, the animation folks do these characters and properties more justice than is done in the source material (IMO).
    Absolutely agreed. Batman TAS distilled what was great about Batman better than a lot of his regular comics series don't. Same deal with GL: TAS in regards to Hal, Kilowog, and Guy.

It's a damned shame it didn't get a second season. Would have loved to have seen the John vs Hal, framed by Sinestro storyline they wanted to do in the second/third season.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 12-09-2020 at 12:04 AM.