Page 124 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Bruce Timm regrets they didn't make New Frontier a two-parter. Still one of their best animated movies though.
    Would have been cool to see the whole thing animated but it works well as a companion piece to the book since they mostly got all the main beats, save for the John Henry stuff.

Yeah, that and The Losers plot. Though Rick Flag was still in the movie anyway.

I'd be ecstatic if they'd just add this scene to the animated version. I recall Darwyn Cooke saying that was one thing he really regretted seeing left out.

Hal and Chuck.jpg
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm suddenly reminded of the Sentry...
    I'm curious how.

(I know little about Sentry, only that he is a Superman type character in Marvel)

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'm curious how.

(I know little about Sentry, only that he is a Superman type character in Marvel)
    I'm pretty sure Sentry is a Superman type character who has no compunctions about grabbing someone and hurling them into the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    This image triggered a childhood flashback.

that was cool.

so the flight trainer was intended for space flight training. cool that hal was working on it. (what was hal's educational background then?).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that was cool.

so the flight trainer was intended for space flight training. cool that hal was working on it. (what was hal's educational background then?).
    I honestly don't know Hal's educational background.

Based on the link below, Hal had to be a man of intelligence & discipline in order to fly.

https://blog.boomsupersonic.com/how-...t-151b49e86bdf

The man was exceptional before Abin summoned him.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Sentry is a Superman type character who has no compunctions about grabbing someone and hurling them into the sun.
    Yeah, it became a joke how often he would throw stuff into the sun .
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I honestly don't know Hal's educational background.

Based on the link below, Hal had to be a man of intelligence & discipline in order to fly.

https://blog.boomsupersonic.com/how-...t-151b49e86bdf

The man was exceptional before Abin summoned him.
    I forget when Johns established he enlisted, whether it was after high school or college. But I guess he could've finished his education in the air force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    That really should have been Hal's move when he fought against Doomsday in Death of Superman. But then, we would have had a really short movie.

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    I'd be ecstatic if they'd just add this scene to the animated version. I recall Darwyn Cooke saying that was one thing he really regretted seeing left out.

Hal and Chuck.jpg
    i wish we had more stories of hal before he got the power ring...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i wish we had more stories of hal before he got the power ring...
    Unfortunately there's not that much you can really do with that. Especially outside of comics. It's not like young Bruce training all over the world or young Clark learning to use his powers and learning about his alien heritage while still in Smallville. Hal prior to getting his ring could be the opening sequence of a movie or a pilot episode, but I'm not sure what they could really do with a multi-episode arc about test pilot Hal Jordan prior to Abin Sur's arrival. I can't imagine a GL show where Hal doesn't get the ring until the 10th episode. Then again, there's an Alfred TV show now where Bruce isn't even born and Thomas and Martha Wayne aren't even married yet, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Unfortunately there's not that much you can really do with that. Especially outside of comics. It's not like young Bruce training all over the world or young Clark learning to use his powers and learning about his alien heritage while still in Smallville. Hal prior to getting his ring could be the opening sequence of a movie or a pilot episode, but I'm not sure what they could really do with a multi-episode arc about test pilot Hal Jordan prior to Abin Sur's arrival. I can't imagine a GL show where Hal doesn't get the ring until the 10th episode. Then again, there's an Alfred TV show now where Bruce isn't even born and Thomas and Martha Wayne aren't even married yet, so there's that.
    i actually think that there's a ton of story of Hal that writers could mine.

something like giving coast city the smallville treatment. writers could explore the story of ferris air and give it a sci fi twist.

i'm imagining that the manhunter's could have infiltrated coast city with their sleeper agents, and young hal, young carol and young hector could would somehow be in the middle of this mystery. why would the manhunters be in coast city? what's their plan? what are the guardians hiding from abin sur?

some tweaks with hal's story would probably be needed, but might reinforce the idea why abin sur would crash near coast city and pick hal to be his successor.

I feel like most prequel shows really stretch the material to a breaking point, but I'd be down for a one-shot or a small mini about a pre-GL Hal.

Astonishing Member

I feel like most prequel shows really stretch the material to a breaking point, but I'd be down for a one-shot or a small mini about a pre-GL Hal.
    I'd be ok with fleshing out the Manhunters and Coast City and with Hal as the center tying everything.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It probably would have benefited from it but I think they did an amazing job condensing the story into one movie without sacrificing the quality, all things considered.
    Agreed. I initially thought it was too truncated, but I've shown it to enough students with no prior knowledge of the comic and it always works like gangbusters for them.

That said, I would have loved to have seen the Challengers, the Suicide Squad and John Henry get their due.

The thing is, thanks to it being animated, they could still do an extended versions much are doing with Under The Red Hood that's expanding the existing footage to give Death in the Family more attention.

Given that the story doesn't focus on Batman, it seems highly unlikely, but anything is possible