Page 28 of 233 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    FWIW, I did not get that at all... I'm sure Morrison was playing off of Jessica's history of agoraphobia and he probably wanted to show other earth GL's to contrast Hal's attitude to his life on earth - John, who is currently happy in the League, and Jessica who might be out in space right now, but would rather be home. (not sure how this jibes with how she's being depicted in JLO, but I think it was more about wanting to say something about Hal than taking a shot as Jess - that's how I see it, anyway. I was curious to see how Morrison treated the other earth GLs since a lot of what he was saying about Hal, comparing him to astronauts, etc applies to them as well. I still want to see him bring in Kyle for a guest shot, since he wrote Kyle for so long.

Seems like stuff the ring used to be able to do in the silver age. (and we know Morrison likes to embrace silver age wackiness) It makes a GL, or Hal really OP though so I doubt it will stick around. Although, remember when Hal took out an army of Red Tornado robots in one shot? Yeah, he didn't really need extra powers to take down a bunch of cyborgorillas anyway...
    Yeah I can’t see the de-evolution ray sticking around post Morrison. Though I could see the idea that Hal has just done so well that he actually has power John, Kyle, Guy, Simon, and Jessica just don’t have...just you know with some limits.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Books across DC don't have to match up until 5G.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Seeing Hal being this irritated about going back to Earth feels kind of strange, but I guess it could be a start for him to reconnect to his old life in a way.

Of course it's the female Lantern who's introduced butt first .

I really just can't see Hal being so anti-Earth. I'm sure he enjoys the freedom of space but I think he loves Earth and it's blue skies just as much.
    FWIW, I did not get that at all... I'm sure Morrison was playing off of Jessica's history of agoraphobia and he probably wanted to show other earth GL's to contrast Hal's attitude to his life on earth - John, who is currently happy in the League, and Jessica who might be out in space right now, but would rather be home. (not sure how this jibes with how she's being depicted in JLO, but I think it was more about wanting to say something about Hal than taking a shot as Jess - that's how I see it, anyway. I was curious to see how Morrison treated the other earth GLs since a lot of what he was saying about Hal, comparing him to astronauts, etc applies to them as well. I still want to see him bring in Kyle for a guest shot, since he wrote Kyle for so long.
    Yeah, I think Morrison was just trying to capture in a few panels a newer character he hasn't written before.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we did get a Hal nude scene in this issue...

On another topic, I don't like it when writers try to make one Lantern more "special" than any other with some gimmick. Hal's the best because of him, not because of his special battery, or his special ring that he made himself, etc. Most of the time, the rings' abilities are so inconsistent that it becomes pointless to make one ring "more powerful" than any other anyway.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-13-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That is really blatant .

If that scene unfolded in a movie the way the panels are set out on that page certain sections of Twitter would go into meltdown.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Well, we did get a Hal nude scene in this issue...

On another topic, I don't like it when writers try to make one Lantern more "special" than any other with some gimmick. Hal's the best because of him, not because of his special battery, or his special ring that he made himself, etc. Most of the time, the rings' abilities are so inconsistent that it becomes pointless to make one ring "more powerful" than any other anyway.
    They never bothered to explain why Simon's was special too.

Amazing Member

It looks like the 2 page spread of the Grand Hall of OA has dozens of cameos- Adam Strange and Alanna, the Green Sun Supergirl, a Judge Dredd expy- does anyone know who some of the others are? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gorosaurus View Post
    It looks like the 2 page spread of the Grand Hall of OA has dozens of cameos- Adam Strange and Alanna, the Green Sun Supergirl, a Judge Dredd expy- does anyone know who some of the others are? Thanks!
    Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp in the lower left corner! Xanthos, the one talking about his d-pistol is from 1962’s Mystery in Space #76. There are also some of the members of the Super Watch from last "season" there.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

BANNED

Love her bum.

Hey looks like Green Lantern is getting in on the 80th Anniversary specials like Robin and Joker. Though surprisingly Teen Lantern is in on this as well which while I’m ok with her in Young Justice is not really a Green Lantern, but hey neither is Alan Scott I suppose who I’m glad to see here as well. I’m cool with this and await to see what the variant covers all look like.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/green-lantern-80th/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Huh? The variants are included in that article.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? The variants are included in that article.
    Wait was that literally all of them? I just thought it was some of them.
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait was that literally all of them? I just thought it was some of them.
    Not all, the Jim Lee variant for the 2010s hasn't been released for some reason.

Great to see Ivan Reis doing a new GL cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Not all, the Jim Lee variant for the 2010s hasn't been released for some reason.

Great to see Ivan Reis doing a new GL cover.

Nostalgia hit hard when I saw that cover