Page 18 of 233 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Morrison's plans thwarted again by editorial.

New X-Men by Marvel
    Batman by DC

and now Green Lantern

for being such a titan in the industry editorial in the big TWO never let him finish his initial plan or immediately retcon it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Such a great image. Love the "Aladdin" vibes.

Whoa!! I am on the fence about returning for Season 2, but this page looks soooo good.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Such a great image. Love the "Aladdin" vibes.

"Amazing" doesn't even begin to properly describe this page!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm wondering if the outfit means this is some kind of "honoring" ceremony.

Seems a bit weird since Hal wouldn't care about being rewarded for saving the universe, but I guess it makes sense to relax for a bit.

I appreciate what Sharp has brought to this title and all, but I wouldn't want others to try emulating his style or designs. In other words, I hope the battery doesn't look like that from now on. Artistic license is fine, but that's a bit too much of a departure for me. Notice how people haven't kept up with EVS's "Hal-forged" ring design? That was for the best as well.

Is Hal's "custom-made" ring even a thing anymore. I think that ring didn't even need to be charged, yet now it seems like he still has his old regular ring that Abin Sur passed onto him, especially if Myrwhydden has been imprisoned in it for so long.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Is Hal's "custom-made" ring even a thing anymore. I think that ring didn't even need to be charged, yet now it seems like he still has his old regular ring that Abin Sur passed onto him, especially if Myrwhydden has been imprisoned in it for so long.
    I guess when Morrison took the reins on GL he threw the baby out with the bathwater, including Hal’s custom ring and everything else that came before.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Morrison uses some aspects of several old canons and ignorged some from others. Mentioned blackest night etc.

It's basically all star GL.
    Last edited by Mr.B; 01-22-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Morrison uses some aspects of several old canons and ignorged some from others. Mentioned blackest night etc.

It's basically all star GL.
    It does kind of feel that way. Wish they didn't cut off a third of his second season. This was allegedly supposed to be Morrison's last hurrah from monthly comics. I can see why he doesn't seem to want to work on corporate characters anymore.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-22-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Just assume things are back to a classic status quo and leave it at that .

BANNED

It does kind of feel that way. Wish they didn't cut off a third of his second season. This was allegedly supposed to be Morrison's last hurrah from monthly comics. I can see why he doesn't seem to want to work on corporate characters anymore.
    Should move it to another universe.

As long editoral and reboots exist the regular or main universes get rebooted alot in DC. I guess Morrison could just use Earth 52 and then copy his 52 multiverse over it and insert this GL era into some unknown number earth.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I guess when Morrison took the reins on GL he threw the baby out with the bathwater, including Hal’s custom ring and everything else that came before.
    I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that Morrison ditched that... I like EVS's Hal-forged ring design. That minimalism fits Hal. Besides, it will be very interesting if the girl in Hal's ring is a piece of his will or something like that...

In my head-canon, it doesn't matter which specific ring he's wielding, they're all a conduit to the same "green dimension", but each ring-bearer experiences it in their own way so that they'd see the same things, and not see what other ring-bearers see if they were to enter it. (the green energy is obviously pscyho-reactive) Hey, it's all gotta make some kinda sense...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-23-2020 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That’s Morrison for ya… his Batman and Superman runs were exactly the same way.