Page 166 of 201 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3012
  1. #2476
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Welcome back Johnny. Never mind the mess.
    Thanks Bored! I was no fan of what I had previously turned into and needed to clear my head and I certainly hope I'd be more level-headed this time. That being said I don't really plan to pop up on a regular basis, it's nice to show up every now and then without getting dragged into the mess again. Hope you guys are doing well and stay healthy.

  2. #2477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post



    Wouldn’t want them involved romantically but I wouldn’t mind seeing their working relationship explored since she’s usually restricted to Supes, Bats, or whoever the other female on JL is at the time. Hal to usually Barry or Bats in recent years.
    Hmmmm, I wonder if Wonder Woman wouldn't even date a mere mortal, basically without his ring Hal is just a regular guy, and with her super powered strength she could toss Hall around like a ragdoll. Hmmm, the things she could do with that rope.

    It would be interesting to see their working relationship there both sort of hotshots who jump into battle, but I think Hal might be the more restraining force.

  3. #2478
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Thanks Bored! I was no fan of what I had previously turned into and needed to clear my head and I certainly hope I'd be more level-headed this time. That being said I don't really plan to pop up on a regular basis, it's nice to show up every now and then without getting dragged into the mess again. Hope you guys are doing well and stay healthy.
    Being able to take a break and recharge your blue lantern is always a good idea. I've done it myself more than a few times. Looking forward to seeing what the plan is for the GL franchise post-Morrison & Sharp. With the upcoming HBO Max show, I can't imagine they're not going to try to do something cool.

  4. #2479
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Hmmmm, I wonder if Wonder Woman wouldn't even date a mere mortal, basically without his ring Hal is just a regular guy, and with her super powered strength she could toss Hall around like a ragdoll. Hmmm, the things she could do with that rope.

    It would be interesting to see their working relationship there both sort of hotshots who jump into battle, but I think Hal might be the more restraining force.
    Well, she already did date a pilot.



  5. #2480
    Hal Jordan's co-pilot mrumsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Horseheads, NY
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Thanks Bored! I was no fan of what I had previously turned into and needed to clear my head and I certainly hope I'd be more level-headed this time. That being said I don't really plan to pop up on a regular basis, it's nice to show up every now and then without getting dragged into the mess again. Hope you guys are doing well and stay healthy.
    Glad to see you posting again even if only periodically. It's important to make sure that you don't let things drag you down and make it harder to enjoy the things you're passionate about. We all need to take time to charge our rings when we're getting low.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

  6. #2481
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,414

    Default


  7. #2482
    Extraordinary Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,353

    Default


  8. #2483
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,536

    Default

    How has everyone been liking Morrison's Green Lantern? I liked the first season but thanks to working 56+ hours weekly and having class, I haven't read much even though I'm still picking it up.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  9. #2484
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    How has everyone been liking Morrison's Green Lantern? I liked the first season but thanks to working 56+ hours weekly and having class, I haven't read much even though I'm still picking it up.
    It’s not quite All-Star Superman or his Batman run but I’ve quite enjoyed it. Probably the most refreshing take on Hal since New Frontier and Johns’ early years. Though I tend to trade wait it for the most part.

    Only DC book so far I’ve stuck with so there’s that.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-07-2020 at 07:02 PM.

  10. #2485
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It’s not quite All-Star Superman or his Batman run but I’ve quite enjoyed it. Probably the most refreshing take on Hal since New Frontier and Johns’ early years. Though I tend to trade wait it for the most part.

    Only DC book so far I’ve stuck with so there’s that.
    I'm picking up a few, but it was the only one I consistently looked forward to reading.

    I did also just get the Deluxe Edition of Green Lantern Rebirth, and it's gorgeous. I can't believe I forgot that whole Guy Gardner Warrior Vuldarian thing.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  11. #2486
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,209

    Default

    It's good to have you back, Johnny .

  12. #2487
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,888

    Default

    Morrison's Hal Jordan is my ideal incarnation of the character, and Sharp has proven himself again and again to be one of the best GL artists ever, up there with Gil Kane, Dave Gibbons, and Ivan Reis.

    I am so glad that Morrison is hogging Hal during all the endless events DC has been cycling through, too. I am very happy that I don't need to read a lame Hal fights The Batman Who Tries Too Hard. I like the brief appearance he made last month fighting the Bizarros though...

  13. #2488
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,209

    Default

    I'm more of a Johns/GL:TAS Hal fan myself but I appreciate that Morrison depicts him as competent, experienced, and on the ball.

  14. #2489
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    Morrison's take on Hal has been pretty great, though not every issue has been my favorite, I greatly appreciate he hasn't allowed the book to be hijacked by the event of the month. I'm rereading the O'Neil/Cowan Question run and it feels like its own contained narrative even when other heroes show up and I do miss when solo books were like that. Morrison's run has thus far been more like that than modern books which feel the need to reference each other to their own detriment at times.

    Also, Hal playing intergalactic billiards was rad.

  15. #2490
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    How has everyone been liking Morrison's Green Lantern? I liked the first season but thanks to working 56+ hours weekly and having class, I haven't read much even though I'm still picking it up.
    First season through the Blackstars mini was fantastic. The second season has been more uneven in both writing and art for me. Depending on how it ends I may recommend people stop with Blackstars (which still would give you a full complete “take” on Hal that works). The last issue with Ghost Hal was good but the one before it with Hyperman I thought was bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •