Page 166 of 233 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Welcome back Johnny. Never mind the mess.
    Thanks Bored! I was no fan of what I had previously turned into and needed to clear my head and I certainly hope I'd be more level-headed this time. That being said I don't really plan to pop up on a regular basis, it's nice to show up every now and then without getting dragged into the mess again. Hope you guys are doing well and stay healthy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Wouldn’t want them involved romantically but I wouldn’t mind seeing their working relationship explored since she’s usually restricted to Supes, Bats, or whoever the other female on JL is at the time. Hal to usually Barry or Bats in recent years.
    Hmmmm, I wonder if Wonder Woman wouldn't even date a mere mortal, basically without his ring Hal is just a regular guy, and with her super powered strength she could toss Hall around like a ragdoll. Hmmm, the things she could do with that rope.

It would be interesting to see their working relationship there both sort of hotshots who jump into battle, but I think Hal might be the more restraining force.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Thanks Bored! I was no fan of what I had previously turned into and needed to clear my head and I certainly hope I'd be more level-headed this time. That being said I don't really plan to pop up on a regular basis, it's nice to show up every now and then without getting dragged into the mess again. Hope you guys are doing well and stay healthy.
    Being able to take a break and recharge your blue lantern is always a good idea. I've done it myself more than a few times. Looking forward to seeing what the plan is for the GL franchise post-Morrison & Sharp. With the upcoming HBO Max show, I can't imagine they're not going to try to do something cool.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Hmmmm, I wonder if Wonder Woman wouldn't even date a mere mortal, basically without his ring Hal is just a regular guy, and with her super powered strength she could toss Hall around like a ragdoll. Hmmm, the things she could do with that rope.

It would be interesting to see their working relationship there both sort of hotshots who jump into battle, but I think Hal might be the more restraining force.
    Well, she already did date a pilot.

———

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Glad to see you posting again even if only periodically. It's important to make sure that you don't let things drag you down and make it harder to enjoy the things you're passionate about. We all need to take time to charge our rings when we're getting low.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

How has everyone been liking Morrison's Green Lantern? I liked the first season but thanks to working 56+ hours weekly and having class, I haven't read much even though I'm still picking it up.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    How has everyone been liking Morrison's Green Lantern? I liked the first season but thanks to working 56+ hours weekly and having class, I haven't read much even though I'm still picking it up.
    It’s not quite All-Star Superman or his Batman run but I’ve quite enjoyed it. Probably the most refreshing take on Hal since New Frontier and Johns’ early years. Though I tend to trade wait it for the most part.

Only DC book so far I’ve stuck with so there’s that.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-07-2020 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It’s not quite All-Star Superman or his Batman run but I’ve quite enjoyed it. Probably the most refreshing take on Hal since New Frontier and Johns’ early years. Though I tend to trade wait it for the most part.

Only DC book so far I’ve stuck with so there’s that.
    I'm picking up a few, but it was the only one I consistently looked forward to reading.

I did also just get the Deluxe Edition of Green Lantern Rebirth, and it's gorgeous. I can't believe I forgot that whole Guy Gardner Warrior Vuldarian thing.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

It's good to have you back, Johnny .

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Morrison's Hal Jordan is my ideal incarnation of the character, and Sharp has proven himself again and again to be one of the best GL artists ever, up there with Gil Kane, Dave Gibbons, and Ivan Reis.

I am so glad that Morrison is hogging Hal during all the endless events DC has been cycling through, too. I am very happy that I don't need to read a lame Hal fights The Batman Who Tries Too Hard. I like the brief appearance he made last month fighting the Bizarros though...

I'm more of a Johns/GL:TAS Hal fan myself but I appreciate that Morrison depicts him as competent, experienced, and on the ball.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Morrison's take on Hal has been pretty great, though not every issue has been my favorite, I greatly appreciate he hasn't allowed the book to be hijacked by the event of the month. I'm rereading the O'Neil/Cowan Question run and it feels like its own contained narrative even when other heroes show up and I do miss when solo books were like that. Morrison's run has thus far been more like that than modern books which feel the need to reference each other to their own detriment at times.

Also, Hal playing intergalactic billiards was rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    First season through the Blackstars mini was fantastic. The second season has been more uneven in both writing and art for me. Depending on how it ends I may recommend people stop with Blackstars (which still would give you a full complete “take” on Hal that works). The last issue with Ghost Hal was good but the one before it with Hyperman I thought was bad.