Page 182 of 233 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This is a bit off-topic, but I really enjoyed what Morrison has done with Qward here, yet I never read his JLA run and missed the stuff with CSA. Is it worth going back to? Does it have any Green Lantern related bits?

Also, this series is going to end with Hal vs Anti-Parallax, right?
    i also like the morrison's take on qward, although it takes me a couple of re-reads to somehow get an idea of what's happening.

morrison's run on jla is worth checking out. pretty awesome stories from what i remember. the rock of ages stand out the most for me. kyle was the only gl during that period (if i remember it correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm still kind of shocked that the comics haven't introduced Razer and Aya yet. I suppose Aya is actually just another incarnation of Ion, but Razer is just sitting right there. It's not like EVS is around anymore to insist that all Red Lanterns but Atrocitus have to be mindless rage monsters.
    Aya is an artificial intelligence in the form of a lady. Ion is the living embodiment of willpower in the form of a spacewhale. What am I missing? I don't see the similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Aya is an artificial intelligence in the form of a lady. Ion is the living embodiment of willpower in the form of a spacewhale. What am I missing? I don't see the similarities.
    Scar embedded a sample of Ion inside Aya.

Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Take that Batman. Whose the detective now?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Take that Batman. Whose the detective now?
    Sector 2814’s Greatest Detective > World’s Greatest Detective.

Incredible Member

I think GL TAS did a pretty good job showing how special the Red Lanterns can be without having them only be blood vomiting Hulks.
    That's because GL TAS didn't introduce the Sinestro Corps.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    That's because GL TAS didn't introduce the Sinestro Corps.
    I don't think the Red Lanterns were portrayed the same as the Sinestro Corps, aside from both being ring-wielding baddies on a kids' cartoon, of course.

I mean, Star Scream and Cobra Commander are essentially the same character. There's not a lot of wiggle room there...

Incredible Member

I don't think the Red Lanterns were portrayed the same as the Sinestro Corps, aside from both being ring-wielding baddies on a kids' cartoon, of course.

I mean, Star Scream and Cobra Commander are essentially the same character. There's not a lot of wiggle room there...
    I'm not saying Red Lanterns were portrayed the same as the Sinestro Corps. I'm saying they are not distinguishable enough if they are all of sound mind. Since you mentioned it, yeah it was a kids' cartoon, which needs characters with distinct features. And if Sinestro Corps were in the show, I believe most kids would think they were just another group of ring-wielding baddies in a different color.
    I always feel the Red Lanterns were boring and lost their uniqueness in the book of the same name. They were made just like a bunch of loose, grumpy Green Lanterns after they could think and talk like normal people.

BTW, I don't know Star Scream or Cobra Commander so sorry I don't get the joke here.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 10-29-2020 at 03:01 AM.

I mostly agree. Personally, Soule's Red Lantern run completely killed the idea for me. Instead of something unique they turned into eXtreme version of Green Lanterns.

I mostly agree. Personally, Soule's Red Lantern run completely killed the idea for me. Instead of something unique they turned into eXtreme version of Green Lanterns.
    I mostly agree. Indigo and Orange are bit unique, but the rest operate as another GLC with slightly different modus operendi, as either "good" or "bad" lanterns. They have color-coded uniforms with their symbols, they have a command structure and operate as a singular unit. It might have worked better if different colored lanterns operated in wildly different ways.

Astonishing Member

I mostly agree. Indigo and Orange are bit unique, but the rest operate as another GLC with slightly different modus operendi, as either "good" or "bad" lanterns. They have color-coded uniforms with their symbols, they have a command structure and operate as a singular unit. It might have worked better if different colored lanterns operated in wildly different ways.
    Definitely. I mean the initial pitch or the earliest EVS splash pages were definitely like "look at this glimpse of the future, there's a red CORPS and a blue CORPS! And it's hard to tell when exactly or who was like "okay they don't all wear variants of the GL Uniform" but it's clear that after writing or drawing like four or five multicolor new concepts that were just riffs on GLC uniforms, one of the creators, Johns or EVS or whoever, was like "come on they can't all be the same thing".

Caveats? Well firstly I suppose the fact that all Seven Original Rings and Lanterns are creations of the Guardians in one way or another.

The Sinestro Corps is legit Sinestro's riff on the GLC, so of course it's just a variation. And since he uses the Yellow Rings the costumes aren't riffs on Sinestro's classic costume. Makes sense.

The Red Lantern Corps ... costumes ... make little sense to go with their personalities but once Guy Gardner took over there's at least another good reason for why they move into something that's just a variation of GLC style.

The Blue Lanterns are formed by Ganthet and Sayd ... so it makes sense why they have similar style to the GLC although frankly all them should have had Blue Costumes inspired by Kyle Rayner's 90s Design rather than the vintage GL look.

What is it, Star Sapphire and Indigo where it stretches? And the Sapphires because they had to squeeze that character concept into the "Corps Novelty" idea. Orange. Yadda yadda. Can't remember where I was going with this.

I'd almost like to see a different Sinestro Corps that's all Sinestro-inspired while Soranik leads the Yellow Corps proper and they're smaller and rarer.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Going off some episodes of TAS, I thought the Blues would make sense as kind of a "R&R" or "space therapists" for GLs.

That kind of tends to happen when you get lead by an actual GL instead of Atrocitus.