Page 10 of 233 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

It's a common issue with legacy mantles that memorable traits or elements for one version are usually grafter onto another.

Just look at how much Wally West stuff is now associated with Barry Allen. Even back in the DCAU days they made Wally into a forensic scientist for his civilian identity when that's Barry's job.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a common issue with legacy mantles that memorable traits or elements for one version are usually grafter onto another.

Just look at how much Wally West stuff is now associated with Barry Allen. Even back in the DCAU days they made Wally into a forensic scientist for his civilian identity when that's Barry's job.
    You mean like Wally fighting Barry’s Rogues Gallery during Johns’ run

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Except that Green Lantern isn't a legacy. Hal's still around, as are all of them and aside from being in the GLC, they have no ties to one another. GL is a different animal compared to most of the other franchises in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think they just see the GL mantle as a revolving door, especially in terms of the Justice League membership. Whoever happens to be the resident GL on the team would be given stuff originally associated with Hal. It does feel lazy and unfortunately it shows how easily replaceable they consider Hal to be, but it's not that surprising.
    not really excited with the idea of hal's background being given to other characters.

i mean other lanterns can have their own supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Except that Green Lantern isn't a legacy. Hal's still around, as are all of them and aside from being in the GLC, they have no ties to one another. GL is a different animal compared to most of the other franchises in that sense.
    true. i prefer that sinestro remains to hal's arch nemesis, carol be hal's love interest, barry and oliver as hal's best buds, coast city hal's city....

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    not really excited with the idea of hal's background being given to other characters.

i mean other lanterns can have their own supporting cast.
    Well Kyle had that. Even though the story they introduced him in was "questionable" at best, I would commend them for giving him his own villains and supporting cast. The "Far Sector" book with Jo Mullein doesn't deal with Hal's stuff as well. When DC tries, the characters can get developed, they just usually don't tend to try a lot, since it's easier to just take elements from other characters that are already well-known.

It's too bad Kyle's villains like Nero, Grayven or Effigy never caught on. (I know they gave him some updated Hal villains, but that was fair since Hal was off the table at the time) John had Fatality ... not sure who Guy had as villains when he was Warrior...

I am definintely looking forward to some other Hal villains popping up for season 2. I hope this won't all be about Mu again.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well Kyle had that. Even though the story they introduced him in was "questionable" at best, I would commend them for giving him his own villains and supporting cast. The "Far Sector" book with Jo Mullein doesn't deal with Hal's stuff as well. When DC tries, the characters can get developed, they just usually don't tend to try a lot, since it's easier to just take elements from other characters that are already well-known.
    A lot of Kyle’s supporting cast were heroes in their own right way before Kyle was ever created like Jade, Alan, John, Guy, etc, that were reduced to supporting roles. If they did that to them with Hal there would be a **** storm online amongst the splintered fan base.

Anyway, Hal’s supposed to be back on Earth according to solicits so hopefully we get to see him take on his Earth based villains like at the start of Johns’ run.

I've been waiting for the Earth Based Villains for so long. I kinda want Black Hand back, or Doctor Polaris.

Also... I'm quite glad that they didn't use Sonar for Kyle and made a legacy version of the character instead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's too bad Kyle's villains like Nero, Grayven or Effigy never caught on. (I know they gave him some updated Hal villains, but that was fair since Hal was off the table at the time) John had Fatality ... not sure who Guy had as villains when he was Warrior...

I am definintely looking forward to some other Hal villains popping up for season 2. I hope this won't all be about Mu again.
    I haven't been able to check solicits for season 2. What's supposed to happen then?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bito Wladon View Post
    I've been waiting for the Earth Based Villains for so long. I kinda want Black Hand back, or Doctor Polaris.

Also... I'm quite glad that they didn't use Sonar for Kyle and made a legacy version of the character instead.
    Agree on Dr Polaris and Black Hand.

I'm also curios on how Invisible Destroyer could be updated today.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

What about Major Force? Is he still around, or was he more one of Kyle's bad guys?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What about Major Force? Is he still around, or was he more one of Kyle's bad guys?
    Actually, Major Force is Captain Atom’s arch nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Actually, Major Force is Captain Atom’s arch nemesis
    Yeah but he killed Kyle's girlfriend. That certainly made him a big part of Kyle's rogues gallery. Even after his return, Hal brought up Alex's murder when he fought Major Force.

Major Disaster is one of Hal's villains, which is a little confusing.